Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Drink Mix And Ready To Drink Protein Drinks

Hi all,

Just got my husband and my surgery dates. June 11th. Scary and exciting all at the same time.:clap2: :omg: :clap2: My question is-I don't know where to get Protein Drink mix or the ready to drink ones. Can anyone help? Any other info about what to drink on the liquid stage would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jackie

Hi all,

Just got my husband and my surgery dates. June 11th. Scary and exciting all at the same time.:clap2: :omg: :clap2: My question is-I don't know where to get Protein drink mix or the ready to drink ones. Can anyone help? Any other info about what to drink on the liquid stage would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jackie

I used the Atkins Protein shakes, chocolate and vanilla not bad. I did not like the strawbery.

For powders I have used unjury brand, they are good. I've used chocolate, vanilla, and unflavored.

There are a lot of other brands. You can get them at your neighborhood health food store. If you buy some there you can try them before you buy a larger quantity.

If you are ready to purchase a larger supply, I like to order on line. Prices are good, and they deliver it. If you search a bit you'll find a lot of options.

One thing you might want to try is to run some searches in this forum. The topic has come up quite a bit, since Protein intake seems to be quite an important thing for us bandsters.

Walmart has the Body Fortress Protein powder and its not very expensive...something like $12 per canister and it equals out to be 30 servings.

Each serving of the chocolate flavor provides:

Protien-23g

Calories-110

Total Carbs-2g

Sugars-1g

The taste is a little bland, so I add 1 teaspoon of SF coffee Syrup (Torani brand found in the coffee aisles at most grocery stores) The syrup has 0 carbs, 0 calories and 0 sugars.

<p>I have purchased 100%whey Protein from Sam's club 6lbs for $25.oo great deal. plus 23 g of protein in a scoop mixed w/6 oz Water. another someone on here told is from the Vitamin shop comes in test tubes and has 42 gp protein each,mixed w 16oz water. great ways to get your protein easily

I have to lose as close to 36 lbs as possible before my surgery on May 21st. I fell in love with Muscle Milk that I bought at costco and also found at GNC nutrition stores. GNC is way more expensive. A case at costco comes with 18 cartons ready to drink and has 23 grams of Protein, and only 5g of sugar. Also loaded with Vitamins and minerals, etc. GNC carries more of the flavors, but Costco only had the chocolate milk and Vanilla cream. The other flavors are Cookies and cream, chocolate mint, mocha, root beer, banana cream(yummy). They have kept me going and I have gotten used to them for replacing Breakfast and dinner and a lean cuisine for lunch. I snack on fruits and veggies in between.

Good luck.

Judy

I was put on 3 Slim Fast (optima) (the Optima curbs your appetite) a day..also drank, crystal light, sf tea(decaf) coffee(decaf) diet cokes....and lots of Water....For the first 3 days I had 3 or 4 slim fast a day....on fourth day, I traded one slim fast for a small garden salad with ff dressing...you have to wait for the fourth day to trade the slim fast for garden salad...or you can just stick with the three or four slim fast a day...which ever works best....but that garden salad sure did taste good..

Di

Ensure chocolate flavor. That was what I started with til I got use to shakes.

I now drink AdvantEDGE Protein drink in chocolate 17 grams of Protein.< /p>

Just try to keep the calories down. Some shakes have 170 calories or more and the Protein is less than 20.

Ideally, no more than 150 calories per serving and at LEAST 20gms Protein and not more than 30. You can only absorb around 25gms of protein at a time and the rest will have to be burned or it turns to fat.

I prefer Matrix 5.0 on full liquids. I didn't do protein during clears but I didn't know about unjury.com at the time, either.

I drink 2 NitroTech shakes a day, one for Breakfast and one for lunch. 110 calories with 20 grams of Protein in each. This was what my surgeon recommended for my pre-op diet and once I was off clear fluids, it's been my habit since. Occasionally, to reach my 60 grams of Protein a day, I'll add some Deb El Just Whites powder to up the protein count.

They taste like melted ice cream to me and satisfy me (with my current restriction) for between 3-4 hours. Try experimenting with the vanilla flavor by adding a little sugar-free Jello or pudding powder--orange makes it taste like a Creamsickle, white chocolate makes it thicker and creamier.

For the clear Fluid phase I was allowed Water, 50% diluted unsweetened applejuice, tea and low salt broth.