Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yesterday I watched some of the YouTube videos...

...and for whatever reason, I went a little nuts afterwards. I don't know if it all just seems more real when you're watching a person tell their story compared to just reading it, or if I was just due for a little crazy time :wacko:.

Every now and then something makes me think about what I am planning on having done to my body, and I freak a little. I am standing with my decision to have the surgery. I know why I need the surgery. I've been trying to lose weight unsuccessfully for 25 yrs (I'm 56), and I'm chock filled with comorbidities, plus I just can't move. The only fun I ever have now has to be either sitting (backgammon, movies, etc) or laying down (not gonna give examples here lol). I want my full life back.

But man, I never imagined myself here. I always thought eventually I'd be able to get it off myself... when I got married, when I got pregnant, when I got the new job, when I got divorced, when I turned 30 40 50...

Anyway, I freaked and ate more than was on my plan, although I was able to stop it sooner than usual, and ended up going to bed depressed in the middle of a beautiful Sunday afternoon.

All better now! And still looking forward to an early Fall surgery date. Thanks for listening!

I am only 36 and your story is my story! Lol...you will be fine. I tried for so long to Lise weight and I simply could not. I am 5 day out of sleeve surgery and I feel great. At this point I am not hungry at all and I can't wait to get back to my normal, more healthier way of living! This journey will change your life for the better. During my 2 week liquid diet, with only 1 meal a day, I cheated here and there but I stayed focused and so will you. We fall sometimes, it's ok...dust yourself off and try again! Take care and good luck!

The thought of it all is overwhelmnig sometimes. To know you have SO much to lose is daunting. I'm 43 and tried so many things and kept thinking I'd have time to change it. I'm 3 weeks out from my surgery and I feel like myself. I'm lucky that I've had no complications and you should stay positive that you won't either.

Make a list of things you want to do after surgery. Not just the big ones like travel or be 150 pounds. Little ones like fitting in an airplane seat or more room between you and the steering wheel. Focus on those little goals you can knock off one at a time.

Know that you're doing this for you so you can not just live longer, but to live better. Hang in there!

I watched all the videos including the procedure many times....Was fascinated by the entire idea and could not wait to get it done...

Most people I believe are like you and tread softly and worry about everything that is a possible problem. I think it is better to feel fear and worry....

My story is long and complicated with a lot of complications because I thought I knew it all and had it in the bag.. I think the more you think about it and the more you study it, the more real it becomes and you begin to feel how much work is really involved to get to the place you want to be...

and you get there without saying WHAT????????

It is definitely overwhelming at times (it still is post op when I think about not having a full stomach), but it is the best choice I have made for myself. You'll be so grateful for this little tool :D Congrats for fall surgery!

I don't worry as much as I make sure I'm educated about the possibilities, positive and negative.

After everything I've read and watched, there is no way I can go into this saying "I didn't realize it would be so hard!" I'm the kind of person who never shies away from a challenge if it's the right thing to do. I'm convinced this is the right thing to do, and I'm convinced it's going to be a challenge.

I'm used to living with challenges, as I'm a Type 1 diabetic, and I wear an insulin pump and a continuous glucose monitor (CGM) attached to me 24/7. As an insulin dependent person, I have to always be aware of my body and conscious of my disease, and pay attention to the way my body reacts to food and exercise, as well as heat, stress, illness, etc etc. Therefore, I think I will get through the recovery part of this adventure fine... I'm cautious, used to dealing with a lot of doctors, and a good advocate for myself.

It's the lifelong dealing with a food addiction that is the greatest challenge going forward to me. Facing the fact that the rest of my life will be spent in recovery is what's getting me down every now and then. I'd have to face that whether I had the surgery or managed to lose the weight myself. Preparing for the surgery is forcing me to actually face it now, instead of letting it float around the very very back of my mind and put off until later.

Thank you for sharing your weight loss surgery YouTube video! We recently added a Video Section to BariatricPal. Can you please post some of your videos? It takes two minutes and our members would greatly appreciate it!