Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hospital Group ?

Im soo sorry to hear about how bad they've been treating you, good luck with the refund :D

But on another note id like to thank-you for putting this imformation up you really have opened my eyes to the hospital group, a lady rang me back to see weather i was ready to book my consoltation and i told them no because ive heard such bad things about the after care on the internet and alot of people have told me how bad they are so i had decided to go with another company- she seemed quite taken back!

Thank you and good luck :)

xXx

Hi, I have 2 friend's banded with THG and both have nothing nice to say about them! General opinion is once they have your money they no longer care. This is just 1 of the reasons I decided to go to Belgium, although paying half of what my friend's paid also helped!

Donna x.

I am at the stage of taking legal action against THG just wondering if anyone else is at this stage with them or has anyone had a successful outcome from taking them to court?

Hi All,

I had a consultation with the HG on 27/01/08 in london & I didn't get a

very good impression off the surgeon . He was very rough when he examined me & he acted more like a salesman than a surgeon! He wanted me to put down an immediate deposit & then book a firm date within 3 days to recieve an apparent discount?!

Also I felt it was all about the money & didn't like the hard sell element.

At that point I ony went to HG as big company with lots of advertising - Since looking at this forum am so glad trusted my initial instincts & now

booked to have lap band surgery locally in april with Bupa who are fantastic.

I would not trust the HG at all & especially after reading all the feedback on this forum.

This is a big enough decision to make with out having somebody giving you the hard sell!

Good Luck Everyone

Gingercat

So what do you guys think of whygoabroadforsurgery @ 4,950? they dont offer the 1year aftercare package.

i know they are the Hospital Group's referral company.

* hospital group (7,500 ?)

I would rather stay in the UK for my op.

The Hospital Group have set up the 'Why Go Abroad' company as they are able to do the surgery but they just do not have the capacity to complete the aftercare.

At present the north of England have no support from a dietician and no access to a nurse to do fills or unfills!!!! They have never had a support group and they have never had the fitness advisor that was promised.....What a shambles.

I phoned them the other day and was told that I had to find another provider as they could not complete an unfil as they had no nurse to complete the procedure!!!! Also because I was over my year contract they have passed me onto another company who could not complete an unfil til the 20th March!! They told me to present myself to casualty!!!

After spending nearly £8,000 you would expect the company to be able to provide the basic support of a nurse to be able to complete an emergency unfil when the band is obviously too tight.

What a company

Hi Gingercat

Who did your consultation? I had mine with the HG and am now a year out. I am also in the same situation as UKangel and going for a full refund as the service provided has been rubbish.

I was banded 17th Jan with THG and had to battle for my first fill on 5th March, rang again this morning as I need another fill and wanted to give them plenty notice, I was told I need an appointment with a dietician who will refer me for a fill so I asked to speak to a dietician and was told they were busy but she'd return my call as soon as possible, 2 hours later still no call so I rang back and asked to speak to someone to organise a fill but this time I'm told the girl who organises fills is on holiday until tomorrow, I've left a message for her to call me in the morning and in the meantime I've still not heard from the dietician..........looks like I'm going to have another battle !!!!!

0 Comments

The hospital group is a complete waste of time - I've had no contact with them - it's impossible to get any help from them - I so wish i went with another provider.

Hi guys

mr shaw somers is my sergen too and he no longer works for the HG.

THIS IS HIS CONTACT

i hope it helps.:help: he is a real gent.

Shaun :clap2::clap2::clap2:

info@shawsomers.com

Main Contact

Bariatric UnitSt Richards HospitalChichesterPO19 6SEUnited Kingdom Telephone: +44 (0)1243 831655

Other Contacts

The London Clinic, Devonshire Place, London W1G 6BW

Suite 1, Queen Anne Street, London, W1G 9LG

Secretary: 0207 636 9804

Body Mass Index Clementine Churchill Hospital, Sudbury Hill, Harrow, HA1 3RX

Secretary: 0207 636 9804

Also at:

Clare Park Hospital, Crondall Lane, Farnham, GU10 5XX

Sarum Road Hospital, Sarum Road, Winchester, SO22 5HA

:thumbup: hi there im terri and im having my band fitted on the 2nd april at sarum rd winchester its a B.M.I hospital that did extreem makeover ect. my surgeon in MR J BYRNS the good thing is i work there as the chef so i know hes great and my fill are for the next year with the price and i see him every month to keep me on track x:wub: Im so sorry for ur upset girls. they did a tv programe on the HG the one lady never lost weight for ages but now she in the mags showing how well shes done.

Edited by testa rossa

Just a quick update to say that my credit card company is claiming the full amount that we paid them back from the Hospital Group. It appears that the Hospital Group have a lot of legal action being taken against them and they are just a sister and brother that have set a company up!!!! There is no big company behind the brand! They are not able to retain staff and seem to think they are above the law.

I just wish I had done more research before the surgery.

I have still not managed to find anywhere local for a support group and a fill. Any ideas anyone? I am in the north of England near Preston.

hi so glad i have read your message i am from glasgow i was bannded 15 june 2007 by hospital group big mistake they are a living nightmare have not gave the service they sold in there contract i am also thinking of taking them to court as they have lied and mislead me from the start their is about 15 of us from all over scotland that have became pals through the very poor service we receive from hospital group even the staff they had here have left them they have not replaced them they have now got a new fill nurse she said she could come to glasgow once a week but hg send her every 4 to 5 weeks so getting an appoitment is very very limited i needed an unfill i let them know within 48hrs they could not do it till 3 of june i had to end up paying £50 to go to nutfeild hospital were i got my surgery they told me i would have to pay before my unfill as hospital group was not paying there bills i am trying to get my money back as i let them know within 48 hrs i wish i had went with someone else i also was desparate to lose the weight more fool me but feel good as i stoped 2 pals going to them for bandding op and also stopped my good freind from getting her boob job done by them they all got it done by other groups that makes me feel a bit better i will always bad mouth hospital group and do all i can to stop anyone 1 i no to not go with them as all they want is your money thanks for reading me go off on one

Hi, I am so sad to hear pple having probs with the THG. I read it in the news. I just had my surgery with them via WGA. I paid 5000 with one fill. I wld have bn very angry too if I paid 8000 and had to struggle.I think my surgeon already put some fills for me, as I already have a restriction, just ned one or two more to reach my spot. I just did it knowing that I didnt pay for after care, and if I went abroad it will eventually be the same.

Hi All

Just a quick update to say that the Hospital Group have managed to defend my claim against them as they have offered me support from a dietician for a further 6 months. Woop EE DOO!!!

I think unless a group of peopl unhappy with their service band together and take it legal.

Is anyone else interested in taking them it further?

Why should they be able to make so much money when they do not offer the service they promote so readily!

I am at the stage of taking legal action against THG just wondering if anyone else is at this stage with them or has anyone had a successful outcome from taking them to court?

Hi

Made a complaint regarding post banding support, received a letter stating nothing much at all, no one to get advice or support for. Very disapointed with THG, would never recommend them.

Margaret Ann