Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Quest Bars- How Often?

I'm about 10 weeks out and am finally beginning to get most of my Protein (75 g) without the use of Protein shakes, however, on days that I fall short, I often rely on a Quest, or other type of high Protein Bar as an evening snack. As long as they fit in with my daily calorie and carb count (60 g or less per day), is there any harm in this?

Just wondering how other successful losers have used these bars and how often?

Thanks!

Thanks for asking this question! I've been curious about this, as well. I am about 10 weeks out also, although I like to eat a Quest bar for Breakfast.

I eat Quest bars all the time...Low carbs, low sugar high Protein and they give you that much needed sweet thing on occasion....It probably a good thing that they are so expensive as it keeps me in line. Cinnamon Roll, my favorite!!!

I have Quest bars (also trying Krave bars for a change) quite often. I like them best: easy to eat, I think it tastes good, and the carb/calorie/protein count makes me happy.

I eat one every day and I look forward to it all day.

I eat two a week only because for me (and only for me, not saying this is the case with everyone) they could be a slider. I tend to crave sweets, if I eat more than 2 a week I crave sweets more. I take a 6pm strength class twice a week and have one before class because the carbs help get me through using all those large muscle groups. I always carry a Quest bar in my purse. The other day I was out running errands and found myself unexpectedly hungry so rather than make a poor choice I had my emergency Quest bar! Another bonus is they help keep me regular.

My biggest problem is keeping my family out of my bars! I burned out on any of the chocolate flavors and prefer lemon, berry and coconut.

I see some of the Protein bar companies coming out with "minis", I hope Quest does the same thing because 200 calories seems like a lot sometimes!

Thanks, everyone! Great info! I didn't think the Quests will be a slider for me, but I KNOW some of the others that taste more like a real candy bar could be. The Quest bars fit well with my plan and while they taste pretty good, I don't think I'll ever crave them.

Thanks again!!

When is it ok to start having Quest bars? I am three weeks out since surgery. The reason i am asking is that i will be traveling in two weeks and i need a staple to keep me on my 60 grams a day plan.

Ok what are Quest bars and where do I get some? This might be the right group to ask because I am planning for my summer trips and will be starting pureed meats and soft foods in 2 weeks any suggestions about pureed meat? I know it's early but I'm a planner and would love ANY suggestions you have. Thanks

Quest Bars are a type of Protein bar. I get mine at GNC. You can try individual bars or buy a case. They are on sale right now, buy 2 and get 1 free. I just added them in to my diet about 2 weeks ago (around 8 weeks out). They are a little hard to digest still, for me at least. They tend to sit heavy in my sleeve and I have to eat them very slowly. I took the advice of starting off with 1/2 bar per day. If I eat a full one, it's usually in 2 sittings.

Good luck on your journey!!

Scyall,

Thanks for your response. I already started with semi-soft foods as of this week. So far so good. I could wait and stick with what i am doing right now. I will have at least 4oz of non-starchy vegetables next week. I could wait for the Quest bar down the road.

:)

You can find them online at their own site, or Amazon or GNC. I used to take advantage of the GNC buy one get one sale, but then I guess too many people were taking advantage of it, they started excluding Quest bars from their sales...

I don't eat them all the time, I use them as a treat, when I would want to reach for a candy bar or something like that, then I eat one...I have to put them up and forget about them or I think about them all the time...I guess some things never change, but substitution is a key for me!

You can find them online at their own site, or Amazon or GNC. I used to take advantage of the GNC buy one get one sale, but then I guess too many people were taking advantage of it, they started excluding Quest bars from their sales...

I don't eat them all the time, I use them as a treat, when I would want to reach for a candy bar or something like that, then I eat one...I have to put them up and forget about them or I think about them all the time...I guess some things never change, but substitution is a key for me!

They are buy two get one free at GNC right now, at least where I live. I just bought some!

Quest Bars are the best tasting in my opinion. I did not start eating them until I was on a full diet. Nowadays I always have one handy for an easy to eat Protein source. Great when traveling. Love the white chocolate raspberry, Cookies and cream or coconut cashew