Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK OK I know. Here is my question, I'm 30 year old male about 5"4 280 now. I'm waiting for insurance approval that was submitted on the 13th. Hope fully its good news soon. So the area or mountain of fat around the penis how does that go away. Fat dissappears? As now seems like my penis is a inne unless get hard or pull it out. Does that area go away? Also I'm hoping I don't have lots of extra skin most of my weight is in belly like a beer gut and then there's the tittys lol. Anyone can help would be great

I will jump in here Mike. I am sure it took guts to post that question. My husband is 6'2, 67, and weighed 320. He has lost 90 lbs. since November 2013. My response to you is that no one can predict what you will look like. After an entire lifetime of being fat (no need to sugarcoat it), gaining and losing 100 lbs twice on Optifast, and totally starving himself and gorging himself, his body was a mess overweight. After losing 90 lbs. since the sleeve, I am amazed that his belly has flattened. They recommend skin reduction 18 months after surgery, not before, from what I read. You are 30. My husband is 67, and I am so proud of the way he looks now. His veins in his legs are not bulging now. He has loose skin on his arms. but when he recently dressed for a cruise, he looked like a million dollars. Most people won't see you naked. I am the only one who sees him but I was absolutely proud to be with him in a bathing suit on the cruise. You will be so thankful for the new body, and I assure you things cannot be any worse for you when you lose 100 lbs! Hust think of all the possibilities. You will have a new body, maybe a little loose skin, but you might not end up with the diabetes, heart stent, HBP and sleep apnea my husband has. Best of luck Mike.

Yea it just worries me cause there a guy at work my height and he's one year out and his biggest was 545. When I see him you can see his skin swaying side to side, his boob skin down to his belly button. I'm guessing he's ashamed of his body. But he says he happy. Now I don't weigh that much so might be much less of a problem for me.

There will be no comparison, you and him. And your equipment will continue to work! Probably much better!

No comparison as I might look better? I hope I'm lucky. Still waiting on approval might here this week or for sure next Monday or Tuesday I'm guessing

Why are no guys jumping in here. Maybe this site not very popular as I thought. Come on people lets hear ya

Keep us posted on your progress. BTW under forums there is a men's group if you want to post exclusively for men, but as you see, we women are not shy. I would say you will look amazing!!!!! Best thing we ever did. Besides, your shirts will cover the boobies so don't sweat the small stuff!!!

I stalked the men's thread a few times, u should def look over that way there were lots of comments on how they seemed much much 'bigger' :) haha

Yeah fat just disappears somehow! Ur body uses it as fuel, burns it to keep u going!!

Can't answer ur 'man' questions 100% but check In the forums, they are def over there!!!

Good luck!!

Mike I had a boyfriend with a big belly once and he lost a ton of weight, all the fat down there goes away and his little friend was no longer so little anymore... Get my drift! Lol

You will soon be proud of it, trust me! And so what if you have some loose skin, that's what plastic surgery is for!

Hi Mike....definitely check out the Men's forum. There is a lot of great info from the guys over there!

Having the surgery is not an easy decision for anyone but the benefits far out weigh any of the negatives. Getting the weight off now while you are younger will save you from future health issues down the road. Don't let the possibility of some loose skin stop you from moving forward.

Good luck!

Ok @mike4235506 Im here for ya

I was sleeved on April 17 - 9 full weeks ago. Here are some stats so far:

April 17, 2014 – Weight 298 lbs. (45.6 BMI)

June 23, 2014- Weight 224 lbs (34.1 BMI)

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS- 74 lbs.

A1C on Surgery Date- 6.7 (6.5 + is Diabetic)

A1C on June 16, 2014- 4.6 (5.7 and below is normal)

Post Meal Glucose Level on Surgery Date- 210 mg/dl (DIABETIC is 200 mg/dl or greater)

Post Meal Glucose Level on June 22, 2014- 99 mg/dl (NORMAL is <140 mg/dl)

Waist Size Pre-Surgery- 46 in.

Waist Size June 6, 2014- 36 in

Shirt Size Pre-Surgery- XXL

Shirt Size June 6, 2014- L

Shoe Size Pre-Surgery- 10 wide

Shoe Size June 6, 2014- 9 med

Areas that have changed the most:

• Neck Circumference
  • Waist/Belly/ "mountain of fat around penis" area
  • Bicep Circumference
  • Thigh Circumference
  • Chest
  • Feet

I know and agree that everyones expierence is different - however the patterns in guys are pretty consitent with the ammount in each of those 6 areas varying from man to man.

Stick to the diet, DO NOT RUSH ANYTHING, and relax...you will be fine.

BEFORE AND AFTER:

Before

After

MSG me with any questions you may have - ill be happy to share

Edited by matt1912

Matt1912 thank you so much for the info. Wow you are doing great for 2 months out. I'm hoping we have around same results I will be in touch with you. I got insurance approval and this coming Monday I meet surgeon and have ultra sound done and pick my date I think. Then Tuesday I have a dietician vist. Hope it's not going to be a problem that I put 10 pounds back on.