Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jdillion, I remember when we were getting our sleep studies done the same week and yiu have said some pretty positive things to me. I admire your courage to speak up for yourself against these grumps who say those things to you. Stay strong and smile :) you can do this

Jdillion, I remember when we were getting our sleep studies done the same week and yiu have said some pretty positive things to me. I admire your courage to speak up for yourself against these grumps who say those things to you. Stay strong and smile :) you can do this

Thank you! How are you doing? I only have 3 weeks left to wait and then it begins for me.

Jdillon, I commend you for taking care of you. It seems like everyone in my family wanted to immediately know if I had any regrets with the surgery (I'm only six days out). I regret getting this big to where I felt nothing else could really help with the amount of weight I had to lose. I morphed into two of me from the size i was twenty years ago. My journey has only begun I only know I look forward to having a better quality of life for me and your four year old son. Do you girl!! Your heal time should be GREAT since you don't have the other related health issues.

Jdillon, I commend you for taking care of you. It seems like everyone in my family wanted to immediately know if I had any regrets with the surgery (I'm only six days out). I regret getting this big to where I felt nothing else could really help with the amount of weight I had to lose. I morphed into two of me from the size i was twenty years ago. My journey has only begun I only know I look forward to having a better quality of life for me and your four year old son. Do you girl!! Your heal time should be GREAT since you don't have the other related health issues.

Thank you. I'm really nervous about the whole thing to be honest. But I have a great doctor who I trust will take good care of me and I believe I will be successful at this so I am moving forward with it. I want all this extra weight off that slows me down and keeps me from doing the things I want to and living the life I should be living. How are you feeling today? Hope all is well. Keep me posted. I'm excited for you!

Hey girl,

I know exactly how you feel! I've had a hard time telling people about my decision to get surgery not only because it is something very personal, but I feel like they may judge me for not being "big enough." My BMI is 37 so the weight is there, it's just distributed evenly lol. Pardon my language, but it's like my momma says, "Don't let the bastards get you down!" People are ignorant and probably jealous that they aren't taking control of their life and their body like you have decided to take control of yours. Keep calm, carry on, and have the last laugh. Good luck! :)

I am 5'1" (almost) and weighed 184. I was sleeved 8 months ago and weighed 131 this morning. I could not have gotten here without the sleeve. I allowed myself to be talked out of surgery 2 years ago and wish I wouldn't have wasted that time. It's your decision to make -- not theirs. Good luck with your decision!

I am 5'1" (almost) and weighed 184. I was sleeved 8 months ago and weighed 131 this morning. I could not have gotten here without the sleeve. I allowed myself to be talked out of surgery 2 years ago and wish I wouldn't have wasted that time. It's your decision to make -- not theirs. Good luck with your decision!

Thank you. I've decided for sure to go through with this. My final required monthly weigh in of 6 months is on next Tuesday then 2 wks til surgery. I'm very excited as offer stats are similar and yours gives me hope. I know we all lose differently and at different paces but I'm excited anyways. Did you keep a journal of exercise and food? Do you have before and after photos? Would you want to share your experience with me?

That is so awesome!! 3 weeks! I'd be going bananas with excitement lol

I still have a couple more months I'm sure before I even see the surgeon. With the program at the hospital in NH where I am there are LOTS of requirements. They say it takes 4-6 months. You have to do 2 pre-op groups (first Monday of he month) a 6 week lifestyle change group, nutritionist and PA appointments , 2 visits with the exercise physiologist and a psych eval. Whoo! I think that's it lol

It's like that because it is an accredited program and apparently that's what makes it extensive like it is.

Plus I'm sure I'll be fighting w my insurance because I haven't been at a qualified g weight (5 lbs off) .

But I am super excited for you!!

Let me know how it goes, because I had asked about the pain. How much pain is involved, " oh,minimal pain" but then on the other hand they prescribe percs and Vicodin lol that doesn't sound like minimal pain to me

post-182264-0-25701600-1404161733_thumb.jpg

I'm not very tech savvy, so I don't know if you see pic. The after is about 5-10 lbs ago but am too lazy to update. I still log my food and exercise in My Fitness Pal. Good luck. I'm sure you'll do great. It's actually easier for low bmi'ers. Even at my age (65) it's been pretty smooth.

I'm not very tech savvy, so I don't know if you see pic. The after is about 5-10 lbs ago but am too lazy to update. I still log my food and exercise in My Fitness Pal. Good luck. I'm sure you'll do great. It's actually easier for low bmi'ers. Even at my age (65) it's been pretty smooth.

Wow. Yeah I see it. You are incredible! Fabulous!

I'm just beginning my journey I did the siminar and have my first appointment in August I am 5 1 and3/4 my B m I is 35 I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol .I also have ibs that makes me a prisoner of my bathroom.I have read that people who had the sleeve .their ibs totally went away that's the biggest reason for me weight loss is a bonus

Hi low BMIs! I just had my surgery July 1. Day of surgery, my BMI was. 34.86. I had the sleeve and was afraid of complications. I am happy to report, zero complications for me. I felt really good after surgery. I even walked around. I have only really experienced some gas pains. I feel so blessed.

You look fantastic!!

attachicon.gif:

I had a BMI of 35 the day of surgery, with high BP, high cholesterol, borderline diabetic and uncontrolled asthma. I also got told by everyone but my doctors that I wasn't "big enough" to need surgery. I'd been overweight to obese for 40 years and headed towards morbid obesity if I didn't do something to stop it. My surgeon at my consult told me I should lose 100 pounds. I was 235 at the time so I was shooting for 135. When I went for my 6 month check up at 165 pounds he told me I could stop if I wanted. I was wearing a size 6-8, had normal blood work, blood pressure, no asthma and was off all pre-op meds. Today I'm in the top of my new goal range, (below 150) and will, with his blessing continue down no lower then 135 pounds.

I guess my point is "miserable" hits at different places for different people. I carried the extra weight fairly well until I hit 40, then it started affecting my health in a major way. I didn't have that much to lose compared to many here before I got healthy, but that does not diminish my journey, experience or effort. You need to do what you and your doctors deem is best for your health!

You need to do what is best for you. As big or formerly bigger people, we like to think we are not judgmental about other peoples size whether it's bigger or smaller. Unfortunately, some people are and comes out in ways that are not supportive and sometimes hurtful. I'm sorry you've felt this way. Everyone has their own story and reasons for wanting/needing WLS. Remember that and focus on it. Keep posting, then just read the posts that are supportive or helpful to you. Ignore all the rest!

You can do it :-)