Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2004 Presidential Debate Drinking Game

donali

From the Chicago Tribune:

The Official 2004 Presidential Debate Drinking Game

By David Martin.

David Martin lives in Ottawa Canada

Published September 29, 2004

Let's face it. The presidential debates are a nuisance. But for whatever reason, most television networks feel obliged to carry them. So stop your whining and make the best of a bad situation with the Official 2004 Presidential Debate Drinking Game.

All you have to do is line up your favorite beverage and pick a candidate. Then let the game begin: -

- Every time President Bush says the word "safer," take a drink. If he uses the word "democracy" in the same sentence, make it a double.

- For every John Kerry reference to the UN, have a drink.

- If Bush uses the phrase "compassionate conservative," you must chug your entire beverage.

- Take one drink for every three times Kerry points with his left hand.

- Any previously recorded Bushism, like "misunderestimate" or "subliminable," used by the president during the debate requires one drink.

- If Kerry exceeds the time limit for any response, take a drink.

- Back-to-back offenses require a double shot and a NoDoz.

A reference by your candidate to any of the following requires one drink:

1) Florida

2) North Korea

3) Axis of evil

4) Saddam Hussein

5) The American people

- And for an exciting twist on the game, anytime anybody mentions the word "Vietnam," everybody has to take a drink.

In this game, everyone's a winner. At worst, you'll reach the end of the debate experiencing a warm, pleasant buzz. But if you're really lucky, you'll pass out by 10 o'clock and won't have to listen to the closing statements. Cheers!

That is hysterical! Now I wont be able to watch without thinking about the drinking game! LOL

Thanks for the chuckle!

Katie

Half a bottle of wine down.

T'was so funny, I told lots of pepole about this drinking debate....Thanks for the fun

OK who watched the debate? I did. IT answered alot of questions for me and it also validated some things as well.

I won't go into my political beliefs, but only to say I have a clear cut idea who to vote for now.

I watched the debate with fascination, and (while being coy about my vote, for the moment) will say that I was very relieved. :D

FWIW, I'm all for discussing politics here in the Lounge. That's what it's for! As long as the conversation stays here, and friendly, I say have at it. :)

We can discuss politics but I won't get into any heated debate over what candidate is better than the other. That is better left alone in my opinion.

Elizabeth Edwards for president! Just think of an America led by a plus-size woman . . . look out, Osama.

Originally posted by Zoe

Elizabeth Edwards for president! Just think of an America led by a plus-size woman . . . look out, Osama.

Now THERE is a thought!! :D