Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 weeks Post Op and Stuck

I Know there are probly lots of threads like this but I'm sick of reading and reading and reading.

So here it is. I'm irritated. I had my surgery on May 7th which puts me at 4 weeks out tomorrow. I am down 18 lbs since surgery. I feel like it's so damn slow! Especially because I have been at a stall for about 2 weeks!!! I get plenty of Water and 70 grams of Protein, plenty of exercise and am eating good home made healthy soft foods. A normal day is like this:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, (with Pam cooking spray) with zucchini and mushrooms. About half a cup.

Snack: Protein Shake

Lunch: tuna with light mayo and avocado

Snack: Protein shake

Dinner: garden burger patty with mozzarella cheese or soft grilled boneless skinless chicken with steamed veggie

Lots of Water throughout the day

What gives?

Omg! I'm so glad I found this, this is my fifth week and I stuck! I have lost 31lbs so far I'm cooking my own meals and eating really healthy. My doctor told me that I won't lose any weight during the second month because my body has to adjust but is so hard cuz I feel I'm doing everything as I'm supposed to and not losing! Let's not get discourage though! We will conquer! It's a process and it takes time. Wish u the best

Michelle, have you tried eating more calories on your workout days? It might help.

No, I have not. Does that work? Sounds strange to increase calories to lose weight.

Sometimes it does help. Especially if you are eating so little. The body might not hold onto the stores so tightly. Since I'm burning off around 300 calories, I eat an extra snack. Just so the body isn't all crabby.

I too am in the same boat. Sleeved on May 14th lost 16 ills in the first 13 days.....then ..... Nothing , nada, zelch. I know it's common to be in this stall and that it will start to come off again, but I can't stop my mind from thinking I wil be the one that this fails on. Like everyone else. I am averaging -600-700 calls a day, 60-65 gms of Protein and 8 glasses of Water a day.

I have been having avocado as well, and will eliminate this as another posted suggested for now.

I just hope and pray that my weight loss kicks in again. Sad in Canada.

I too am in the same boat. Sleeved on May 14th lost 16 ills in the first 13 days.....then ..... Nothing , nada, zelch. I know it's common to be in this stall and that it will start to come off again, but I can't stop my mind from thinking I wil be the one that this fails on. Like everyone else. I am averaging -600-700 calls a day, 60-65 gms of Protein and 8 glasses of Water a day.

I have been having avocado as well, and will eliminate this as another posted suggested for now.

I just hope and pray that my weight loss kicks in again. Sad in Canada.

Gosh I'm still stuck too! It's driving me crazy how can u ladies get the 70 grams of Protein without exceeding 700 calories I cant! I'm starting the gym next Tuesday finally, I'm so ooo ready to go back to my routine! I just hope I start losing weight soon! But hey we are doing maybe not as fast as we would like it but we r doing it! We can do this!

Can I just say that Sleevie Nicks is like, the best internet handle ever.