Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ways to doctor up your protein drinks

OK so I had my surgery May 21st and the Protein Drinks I had were not working for me (I wasn't able to stomach them). I loved them prior to surgery but had to make some changes. I was taking in 40 grams or less of Protein and would have surges of energy then get super tired (and I'm just a newbie). Here's what worked for me:

Isopure zero Carb fruit punch

Pour half the bottle in with half bottle of Water and use a Decaf ice tea with lemon Water Enhancer....delicious ice cold!

Premier ready made Protein drinks :

vanilla : pour out into blender cup, put spoonful of decaf instant coffee, ice, and a packet of splender and blend....its like coffee ice cream with protein!! What you don't finish ..freeze and when you're ready to drink the rest thaw a bit in your microwave...reblend and enjoy.

I could stomach the icey Protein Drink versus the thick drink...you can also eat with a spoon.

chocolate premiere protein :

You can use coffee like the vanilla and make an ice mocha Protein shake or just add it to blender with ice a splenda maybe some SF chocolate pudding and blend.

I hope you try it and enjoy. I also hope this helps someone who needs to up their protein too. Its helped me a lot.

Thanks for the ideas.

chocolate premiere Protein : It was a little too thin for my taste, so I had some old chocolate replacement meal powder and mixed in 1 scoop. Tastes great and is thick enough now.

Edited by joatsaint

Sounds good...I just couldn't do the thickness so the ice helped me thin it out. Is the Meal Replacement also Protein?

I am on my 2 weeks before the sleeve. I am doing 3 Protein shakes a day. I don't like the sweet taste. I am not a sweet eater and everything taste like ice cream. And I stay with headache. Help...

The premixed are sweet...I add Water to mine to thin it out ....the Isopure zero Carb drinks come in a lot of flavors and they're not too sweet. If u like Water enhancers you can split the bottle of isopure in half and mix it with water and the enhancer. I find the isopure drinks are not the best tasting on their own. The grape frost is OK without an inhancer. I'm excited for you!! I'm only two weeks post op

Wishing you well!!!!

Thank you ... I will be going to the store at lunch....

I am on my 2 weeks before the sleeve. I am doing 3 Protein shakes a day. I don't like the sweet taste. I am not a sweet eater and everything taste like ice cream. And I stay with headache. Help...

You can get unflavored powders to add to broths or I think someone makes a chicken Soup flavored Protein Powder. Maybe unjury is the brand? MY doctor didn't have me on a liquid diet pre-op, just a high Protein low carb diet. I never ate so much meat in my life. LOL!

I NEED THAT!!! @ unflavored protein....I am taking in much less than I should. Thanks for that suggestion, I'm going to look for it online right now!!! BTW I love a high Protein diet ...my doc did the liquid to shrink my liver. Just think 10 days before and I'm still on liquid..I have one more week of liquid...looking forward to mashed food!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches