Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi folks. I'm four weeks out now, and have moved from 4000 steps a day the first week to now a daily goal of 7000, but recently hitting 10,000 and 12,000 a few days a week. My weight loss though has slowed a good bit. I'm eating 650-700 calories a day starting of course with Protein and very few carbs (just in small fruit servings as directed). I"m enjoying hiking and moving, but hate that the weight loss has slowed so much - about a half pound to one pound a week. I've even had two days this past week when I hit 50 flights of stairs in one day - am I walking too much? Thoughts or ideas anyone? I'd love to keep my weight loss moving, as well as my body!

Have you tried veggies instead of fruit and you do get plateaus now and then early on (which you are on schedule for). What are you drinking? Lots of Water?

I also was hoofing it a lot like you, but lost more but we are all individuals. I didn't look at the scales as much as whooo hoooo I am FREE ... at my one month appt. I had the bags packed going its 2 days into the swimming contest and I'm out of here.

Do you have your gallbladder?

Sounds like a classic stall. Try varying your calorie intake - perhaps upping it a bit for a couple of days and then dropping it down again. You don't want to go into starvation mode, as that will be a whole world of pain.

Don't panic, it will come off. And, by the sounds of it, you could be building muscle which as you know, weighs more than fat..

Just give it a bit of time and all will be well :)

your body is adjusting to the lower calorie intake. it thinks it is going into starvation mode. with all your exercise you are diffently in negative calorie intake. we are women and our bodies really hold onto fat because we are the baby producers. up your calorie count. change it up. all week long. and drink lots and lots of Water. plain old simple water. keep on trudging as long as you are being healthy your body will follow suit.

I agree with every one of the above comments. up the calories, increase the Water... and it will come off... just dont get too upset when you slow down... it happens to ALL OF US... it might last a week... or a month... just keep doing what you are doing... you will get there, its not a race, its a life time!! good luck!!

Thanks folks! I'm doing 65 ounces Water a day just now, and sadly not cleared for veggies yet, only a few soft mushy fruits like applesauce and canned-in-water peaches or pears. I still have my gall bladder, and take a twice daily supplement to help me keep from getting stones.

I'll try playing a bit with my calories and changing things up. I had a stall for about ten days and then lost a pound - so maybe that's all it is. I hope so! I just don't want this to be a pattern if there's something more I can do to help it along. I'll up my Water too.

I'm not allowed swimming or weight training yet - so i'm walking constantly. It doesn't sound like i'm doing too much of it though, as none of you said you thought that. Thanks so much!

Have you tried veggies instead of fruit and you do get plateaus now and then early on (which you are on schedule for). What are you drinking? Lots of Water?

I also was hoofing it a lot like you, but lost more but we are all individuals. I didn't look at the scales as much as whooo hoooo I am FREE ... at my one month appt. I had the bags packed going its 2 days into the swimming contest and I'm out of here.

@swimbikerun why ask about the gall bladder - does this effect your weight loss? I am just wondering - I have mine still... before surgery my doc said i had some stones & that it would have to come out once it started to bother me... HE FELT that i would last about a month after surgery... i am 5 1/2 months out & knock on wood, no issues...

If you are 4 weeks out/1 month, I was cleared at that time to do anything. That's why I was wondering - all I know are cleared at that point.

Thanks folks! I'm doing 65 ounces Water a day just now, and sadly not cleared for veggies yet, only a few soft mushy fruits like applesauce and canned-in-water peaches or pears. I still have my gall bladder, and take a twice daily supplement to help me keep from getting stones.

I'll try playing a bit with my calories and changing things up. I had a stall for about ten days and then lost a pound - so maybe that's all it is. I hope so! I just don't want this to be a pattern if there's something more I can do to help it along. I'll up my Water too.

I'm not allowed swimming or weight training yet - so i'm walking constantly. It doesn't sound like i'm doing too much of it though, as none of you said you thought that. Thanks so much!

It can have an impact. Think about it, your gallbladder stores bile to use to process fat. If you are burning off fat, the more bile the gallbladder can shoot out, the more you should be able to process fat.

The reason why so many have to get rid of their gallbladder is because it develops stones or doesn't work properly because of all the fat that its working itself overtime on.

@swimbikerun why ask about the gall bladder - does this effect your weight loss? I am just wondering - I have mine still... before surgery my doc said i had some stones & that it would have to come out once it started to bother me... HE FELT that i would last about a month after surgery... i am 5 1/2 months out & knock on wood, no issues...

If you are 4 weeks out/1 month, I was cleared at that time to do anything. That's why I was wondering - all I know are cleared at that point.

I wish I were cleared for all activities! At four weeks though I feel fine. The only exercise time I know I've had surgery even is by about mile number 3 onward, my gut feels sort of like I've held my stomach muscles in too long! Hah