Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best Tasting Protein Powders

I am about to finish my medically supervised weight loss. I am starting to look into Protein Shakes for liquid diet before and after surgery.

So far I've tried

So far the Bariatric Advantage is the best tasting.

What do any of you feel is the best tasting Protein powder, as well as being the best bang for your buck?

Thanks so much!

I've tasted a few and the ones I like are Optimum Nutrition Gold standard chocolate, Syntrax matrix Peanut Butter cookie, Cookies and cream and chocolate truffle. My favorite of the ready to drink ones is Glucerna hunger control.

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate is pretty good. I just tried one sample and it got a little frothy for my taste, but maybe that was just how I mixed it. I've tried muscle milk and hated it - strong chemical taste to me, but other people seem to love it. I've heard people rave about Chike but I've never tried it.

Nashua Nutrition sells individual samples - this is how I tried a few. I still have lots that I haven't tried yet.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/protein-powders/protein-powder-samples-1-serving.html

I use Jay Robb Whey Protein powder made with stevia.

It very good and not gritty or over sweet.

I use Torani sugar free syrups in the shake. It makes it very enjoyable.

Torani sugar free syrups are made with Splenda.

You purchase Jay Robb at Whole Foods or on Amazon. Whole Foods carry the individual packets if you want to try it. Jay Robb comes in chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and one or two other flavors.

I purchase Torani sugar free syrups directly from the company. You may also find them at World Market if you have that store in your area. Torani sugar free syrups come in many, many flavors.

Good luck.

I second synthrax matrix Peanut Butter cookie! I also like the chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. It's not cheap but not as pricey as Chike or Unjury either.

Holy hell at the price of that Jay Robb Protein, and for something you can get at half the price elsewhere.

Optimum Nutrition has been my go to Protein for years, even before surgery. 74 servings for $50, and a plethora of flavors. You can usually catch it on sale at Vitamin shoppe or bodybuilding.com. They also have a natural blend that cuts out artificial flavoring and such. It's worth a look. ON is also an outside lab tested protein. They don't use labs they contract with to due their profile testing on their product, so there's no bias reporting on the product you're getting.

I went with Bariatric Advtange and was very please. I got a large tub of chocolate and then the single bags of a bunch of flavors and made big drinks in old Water bottles. I would mix the chocolate and the banana quite often and the latte goes well with chocolate or vanilla. I'm currently using powders from GNC as the Bariatric ones are pricey.... The GNC ones are great also! I picked up a peanut butter/chocolate and a strawberry. They are more cost effective because you aren't using the full serving size.

My favorite brands are Jay Robb, Unjury, Chike, Syntrax Matrix, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard, Syntrax Nectar Sweets. and Designer Whey.

Least favorite: Bariatric Advantage, Bariatric Fusion, Dymatize Protizyme, Celebrate, Tera's Whey, BSN Lean Dessert.

I don't really like any RTD, they all taste like industrial sludge to me.

In terms of bang for your buck, both Body Fortress and Pure Protein get really good reviews for both taste and economics, but I haven't tried either of them.

When it all comes down to it, it's personal preference. Go to a food nutrition store, I know our local Vitamin Shoppes do sample tastings, and Max Muscle also will make you a serving of Protein right there for you to try. The absolute best advice I give to clients and those looking for a good Protein Powder, don't buy online starting out. Go to Vitamin Shoppe and look at some Whey or whey isolate Protein powders. Here's why I choose VS....buy back program. Buy a 5 pound $50 tub and throw up because it tastes so bad? Take it back. You can literally take a serving in the store after buying it, and return it for a full refund either cash or credit. I've never had any issues with VS when it comes to returning a product I hated. They stand by their customer satisfaction, and they carry the top of the line products.

There are sources of protein that are great, True Nutrition and I'm guess the Jay Robb stuff, you can't find in stores, well I think someone further up mentioned Whole Foods has Jay Robb, but the closest one to me is a good drive away I think. There's gonna be some trial and error.

I am about to finish my medically supervised weight loss. I am starting to look into Protein shakes for liquid diet before and after surgery.

So far I've tried

So far the Bariatric Advantage is the best tasting.

What do any of you feel is the best tasting Protein powder, as well as being the best bang for your buck?

Thanks so much!

mucelmilk sugar free bag at sams club

It's definitely a personal preference. For example, a lot of people love the Isopure but they are the only thing that ever made me gag. I love Garden of Life, but others think it's gritty and tastes bad. I tried all the Jay Robb's but only liked the piña colada. My favorite overall brands are Syntrax , Unjury, garden of life, muscle milk and Premier Protein. Premier has the best bang for the buck in my opinion...30g of Protein in 11 oz. $18 for 12 at SAMs...even cheaper at costco. But, like someone else said, I never liked any of the RTD straight because they are too thick and sweet. I dilute mine at least 1/2 and 1/2 with skim milk and then it's perfect (plus more Fluid and protein)

Bariatric Advantage has a protien veggy Soup that is not bad. I prefer it over the protien shakes. The only problem is its on back order, because its popular. I was lucky enough to find a person with a stash that they gave me.

Dumb question but after opening. Do all seem to have the same kind of shelf life for lack of better word or for buying in bulk purposes?

Chike tops my list...because I love coffee! And coffee Protein is just about the perfect Breakfast drink, IMO.

Some of the Syntrax nectar flavors are fantastic (I have only tried a few, but I have a load left of the samples to try) I never cared for powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, Nature's Bounty is extremely sweet (but not bad with a little PB2 in it).

I like unjury - vanilla and chocolate Splendor. The strawberry is OK, I just won't buy and entire tub because it's not versatile.

I also like Nector Roadside Lemonade. Chike coffee is good for a cold coffee drink.

I'm presurgery but I like Muscle Milk powder. Might be worth looking at for a little variety since they have the widest range of flavors I've seen. Latte, bananas and creme and even red velvet cake.