Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Virginia?

Northern Virginia (Falls Church)

I'm in Richmond. My folks are in Tidewater.

Hi Fab@Forty: I'm at the beginning stage. I participated in a webinar last night with Dr. EOVA Fair Oaks. I really enjoyed his presentation. I've done several. I've been putting this off for over a year and now its TIME! I have an appt. with him in a couple of weeks. So I hope all goes well. What stage are you at? Have you already submitted your paperwork...who is your insur. carrier?

Hi Ladiec2! I am so sorry for the late response. I am now 4 weeks POST op!! YAY! I am over the hump. I had my surgery on 9/16 with Dr. Moazzez and I have had a great recovery. My insurance provider is Aetna and I got my approval on the 1st try. Definitely send me a message if you have any additional questions.

I am from Glen Allen VA.

Hi Ladiec2! I am so sorry for the late response. I am now 4 weeks POST op!! YAY! I am over the hump. I had my surgery on 9/16 with Dr. Moazzez and I have had a great recovery. My insurance provider is Aetna and I got my approval on the 1st try. Definitely send me a message if you have any additional questions.

Thanks for the response. If all goes well I'll be having my surgery in February 2015. Im doing the 3 month multidisciplinary weigh in. I had my surgeon appt with Dr. Halmi at Blue Point on 10/9/14 and my Wellness Consult, blood work, chest X-ray, abdominal ultrasound on 10/22/14. I have my psych eval scheduled for 11/8/14 for 3 sessions. So that'll take 3 weeks. I have AETNA as well and hope I won't have a problem getting approved. Did you have to get an EGD? If so who did you use and also who did you use for your psych eval?

Thanks for the response. If all goes well I'll be having my surgery in February 2015. Im doing the 3 month multidisciplinary weigh in. I had my surgeon appt with Dr. Halmi at Blue Point on 10/9/14 and my Wellness Consult, blood work, chest X-ray, abdominal ultrasound on 10/22/14. I have my psych eval scheduled for 11/8/14 for 3 sessions. So that'll take 3 weeks. I have AETNA as well and hope I won't have a problem getting approved. Did you have to get an EGD? If so who did you use and also who did you use for your psych eval?

Hi - I did have to get an EGD and it was with Dr Nain. He also practices with BluePoint. He's in the Woodbridge office. As for the psych consult, it was with Jacqueline Jacobson. She's is the same medical building as The Fairfax BluePoint office. Her information is also in the booklet that Pam gave you.

Good luck with everything!

Hello, I'm from northern va as well. ( Ashburn) my sleeve surgery was November 26 through Kaiser insurance so I had to go to holy cross hospital in Maryland for my surgery. My doc was Dr Cantor. I'm a little over one month out and doing ok. I'm glad to see some northern va people on here. Good luck to all of you on your journey.

Hello! I am from Blacksburg, VA (GO HOKIES!) and am traveling to Richmond, VA to have revision surgery (band to VSG) with Dr. Schroder at Henrico Doctors Hospital. My surgery date is January 29th...and I am nervous! My original lap band was done at VCU by Dr. Maher, who has since retired. Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Schroder ?

Jennifer

I'm also in Roanoke! Planning to have a sleeve with Dr Lucktong

I have a friend who is followed by Dr. Lucking for lap band maintenance. She speaks very highly of him and is considering a band to VSG revision. I am right up the road from you in Blacksburg! I am headed to Richmond for a band to sleeve revision in a few weeks. Good luck on your journey!

Jennifer

Hello! I am from Blacksburg, VA (GO HOKIES!) and am traveling to Richmond, VA to have revision surgery (band to VSG) with Dr. Schroder at Henrico Doctors Hospital. My surgery date is January 29th...and I am nervous! My original lap band was done at VCU by Dr. Maher, who has since retired. Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Schroder ?

Jennifer

I did not use Dr. Schroder, I used his partner, Dr. Brengman and I've been very pleased. I'm a self pay, so I've felt like there were a couple of things they could have told me up front more on the administrative side - just to be aware of, but nothing has caused me an issue. I am very pleased with my decision and would make the same decision again. My only problem at the moment is dragging myself to the gym! :) I'll be thinking about you next week! I hope your liver reduction diet is going well!

Pam

I live in Fredericksburg, work in Richmond, and had my sleeve in Fairfax (Inova Fair Oaks.)

Richmond here!

I'm in Fredericksburg too! Not sure, at this point, where my surgery will be. Either Woodbridge or Tijuana!

@@simplicity27

Hey! I using the same surgical group, but I will have Schroeder. I am also a self pay. What admin stuff should I know that you wish they had told you? My surgery isn't until June.

Thanks for any input you have!

Amy