Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I just had lap band done on 3/26/07 in Kentucky. The whole operation went very well and no problems. I'm now in my 2 1/2 week mark and I've been eating soft foods. I feel like I can eat more than the beginning and I've lost 21 lbs. I started at 231 lbs and I lost 19 lbs just on the liquid diet before surgery. I've only lost 2 lbs after surgery. I feel like I'm getting discouraged and more weight should be coming off. I get my first fill in 4 weeks. I've been excercising like crazy also. I just need some encouragement.

Thanks

Tracy

Most of the weight won't be coming off til you get your first fill. :rolleyes: It's almost time! Your stomach is still in it's healing process!

Hi

My name is Traci and I live in Indiana. I just had my my pshy visit(and passed yay!!!!) met with the surgeon, what a wonderful guy with real expectations of this surgery..and also the dietician. Allot of informaiton in one day, but it looks like now all we are waiting for is insurance approval. I have a letter from them saying it is aproved if you meet certain requiremtns, so, hopefully we have met all of those...

I guess what is real interesting is that people dont realize just how much behavior modification really goes into this. We liked the fact that our surgeon will not perform the surgery if you are not following the diet as asked to do prior to surgery and if your liver is too large he will also not do it until it shrinks.

I have allot of weight too loose, but really appreicate this forum.

Good luck with your weight loss and please tell me how your hunger pains were handled pre op on the liquid diet? ?

I have a letter from them saying it is aproved if you meet certain requiremtns, so, hopefully we have met all of those...

I have that letter too...but you know insurance companies...they'll find SOMETHING you didn't meet! *bangs them on the head* LOL

Where in Indiana are ya from? I'm from northwest Indiana, Schererville specifically! Woot!

I just had my surgery on April 4 and I go back for my 2 week on April 16. My doctor had me on a Protein diet and no real foods until I see the Dietian. I think that I've only lost 10 more pounds and feel like I should be losing more, but I don't think I'm drinking all my liquids and I do feel constipated. I don't know what to do about that but maybe I can get some suggestions. I'm still excited about the band and can't wait to see what the future hold..

It is going way to smoothly for something not to snag this.

I am from around the French Lick area....My address is in Shoals, but I am only 10 min from French Lick. We moved here from Evansville in 98 and I work at Crane.

Where are you having your procedure done at? I am seeing Dr. McEwen in Fishers.

The staff there are really nice, and It is so diffrent than going to your regular doctor where you are not treated the same...you know what I mean?

Do you have kids?

We have 4..one is in college, and the others are in High school and Junior High.

It is nice to talk to someone who is going through this....

Please stay in touch....

Hi Tracy, you are still at the healing stage. You will gain a bit of restriction after your first fill so hang in there. The weight loss will come. I actually gained 6 lbs when I moved to solids so don't feel bad. You don't have any restriction right now. Just try and eat as much Protein as you can. Julie

I am waiting insurance approval...have met with all the doctors and it is being submitted today or monday to my insurance.....

This is a wonderful site for information...

I just had my surgery on April 4 and I go back for my 2 week on April 16. My doctor had me on a Protein diet and no real foods until I see the Dietian. I think that I've only lost 10 more pounds and feel like I should be losing more, but I don't think I'm drinking all my liquids and I do feel constipated. I don't know what to do about that but maybe I can get some suggestions. I'm still excited about the band and can't wait to see what the future hold..

I've had severe problems with Constipation for years. My bariatric surgeon recommended FiberSure.. It works!! I mix it in with my yogurt twice a day and don't have any constipation problems. It was another perk from the surgery!!

Sometimes when you don't feel like the weight is coming off as fast as you'd like, take your measurements. If you're exercising, you may be putting on muscle and not showing much on the scale. You can also tell by the way that your clothes are fitting. It will come in time if you are doing your part.

Thanks for sharing your input. I'm going to a seminar/convention tomorrow for pre-opt, post-opt patients. I'm really excited to learn more. My dietian told me to eat 3 meals a day at 300 calories each and 2 Snacks a day at 100 calories each plus lots of Water. I'm praying I'm just at a stand still right now and the weight will come off after the fill. I'm Excited.

I haven't had any problems getting anything down or bathroom problems. I'm just concerned about the food intake. I can eat more like 1/2 cup or 1 cup depending on what I'm eating. I'm eating mashed potatoes, applesauce, rice cakes, cottage cheese, tuna salad. Is this too much for 2 1/2 weeks? I'm really not getting alot of Protein either. I do eat Peanut Butter to.

Any advise?

Impatient Tracy

:nervous

Hi Traci...I'm excited for you...not long to go..The pre-opt liquid diet was hard for me. I'm a very picky eater and don't like much food that is good for me. :) Well...I would go into bedroom, cry, pray, and just get away from family eating dinner etc.... After about the 4th day I started doing better. I believe your body goes into withdrawals LOL. Seriously though it got better. I lost 19 lbs on the liquid diet. It feels great!! It really gets you motivated to lose more. I wish you all the luck

Tracy

Hi

My name is Traci and I live in Indiana. I just had my my pshy visit(and passed yay!!!!) met with the surgeon, what a wonderful guy with real expectations of this surgery..and also the dietician. Allot of informaiton in one day, but it looks like now all we are waiting for is insurance approval. I have a letter from them saying it is aproved if you meet certain requiremtns, so, hopefully we have met all of those...

I guess what is real interesting is that people dont realize just how much behavior modification really goes into this. We liked the fact that our surgeon will not perform the surgery if you are not following the diet as asked to do prior to surgery and if your liver is too large he will also not do it until it shrinks.

I have allot of weight too loose, but really appreicate this forum.

Good luck with your weight loss and please tell me how your hunger pains were handled pre op on the liquid diet? ?

You know you are right. I really didn't think about the muscle. This whole week I have walked 30 minutes about 1-2 miles and lifted light weights 2 days. I tryed to get there today, but didn't work. My pants are falling off of me. Soo...I guess something is working :).

Thank You

Tracy

Sometimes when you don't feel like the weight is coming off as fast as you'd like, take your measurements. If you're exercising, you may be putting on muscle and not showing much on the scale. You can also tell by the way that your clothes are fitting. It will come in time if you are doing your part.

Hi Julie.

You actually gained 6 lbs before hand? ...Tha makes me feel better :)

My doctor told me I would lose about 1 lb a week after the fill? I hoping for about 2 lbs a week averaging about 10 lbs a month. Am I asking for too much?

Tracy

Hi Tracy, you are still at the healing stage. You will gain a bit of restriction after your first fill so hang in there. The weight loss will come. I actually gained 6 lbs when I moved to solids so don't feel bad. You don't have any restriction right now. Just try and eat as much Protein as you can. Julie