Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

I experienced similar emotions. I too, have a little one and my biggest fear was complications. I was banded on June 4th. Everything went fine. THe scariest was being taken in to OR, I was crying uncontrollably. I'm sure your are in good hands. Have faith. Good lick.

hey junies, I have some good news. I have finally lost the last three pounds from surgery. I felt like it was going to take forever. I feel like now I am on the road to losing weight and feeling healthy.

Miso Soup is Japanese. It comes as a soup mix. It has seaweed and chunks of tofu in it, but I strain them out since I am still in the clear liquid phase. I think it's delicious. If there is a Japanese market near you, that's the best place to get it, but you should also be able to find it in any good grocery store or if you have something like a Whole Foods near you.

Hi All,

I am also thinking about tomorrow. I told my daughters yesterday If something happens to me for them to know I would be okay with it because I had already raised them. I want this really bad. I am 63 years old and have been dieting all my adult years. My Mom said I was real skinny as a child and she worried about me and made me drink a lot of raw eggs in milk. My whole family had weight problems, I wonder if our childhood had anything to do with our weight problems.

I have started my clear liquid diet today and now thinking about everything I will not be able to eat again. I got to get my mind on something else. Have cleaned the whole house already and have the next two weeks off. I think I will go shopping. Tomorrow is my day and we have to stay in hospital for the night. Will be back Wednesday and if I feel like it will type my experience on that day. Rita

First of all...Hotty, I love ya! Thanks for keeping up with your awesome calendar! Can't believe how blue it's getting!!!!! We're banding together like C-R-A-Z-Y!

{{{{{{{{{{{ Rhonda }}}}}}}}}} o2bthin----again, I'm so sorry about your Mom. ;) There's no doubt she's looking down at you and is so proud!!! I'm with you: I have trouble staying asleep at night, and I take Lunesta for crying in the night! When I can't sleep, I come see what this board is up to! You have so much on your plate. Congrats on you son's graduation, but I know you must have a lot of emotions going on with that, too! BTW, this is off topic, but I *still* use benefiber/metamucil/fiber choice tablets dujour once/day, usually in the morning with Breakfast, to keep my blood sugar in tact.

Dakota....congrats on your band, and I can't believe how quickly you were mobile. I milked this band for all it was worth and didn't even TOUCH the treadmill for 7 days! Even then I only walk a half mile and it was s-l-o-w-l-y! Good for you, girl!

SimplyMe....have you seen the posts from Stefanie42467? She got banded in Hurst, TX, too, but with a different doctor, I'm pretty sure. Small world!

Speaking of small worlds......NINA GIRL! Are you by chance in Houston, TX?!? I am! And we have a St. Luke's Episcopal hospital here! How cool would that be if we were neighbors!?!? Even if you're not lucky enough to be a Houstonian ;) I'm so glad your banding went well, and despite the gas you were out there hittin' it too. I'm so proud of everyone being so darn active!!!!!

...like Thinner----you active soul! Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story and CONGRATS on your 25 pound weight loss! Holy smokers that is awesome!!!!

Speaking of 25 pounds down the tubes....way to go JackieP!!!!! That is fantastic! And I loved the tip about eating fruit at the end of the meal if I'm dying of thirst (which you know I will be!) :speechles

Hi Twinkletoe...congrats on your banddate! And to answer your question, I think I speak for all of us when I say we all have LOTS and TONS of willpower. We only need the band because......hang on. I'm just kidding! Diets that restrict are HARD as HECK to maintain---some see it as lack of willpower, but diets just aren't maintainable! At least for me! So I would, for instance, join Jenny Craig. Lose 20 pounds, and gain back 30. This band is going to help me choose my foods more wisely (e.g. Proteins first, then veggies, etc...) and in limited amounts. Viola! I'll lose weight, be motivated to move more (exercise) and God Willing maintain it! HTH!

Beckie....Congrats on your banddate, too! I can tell by your post you are happy as a clam!

FarmerE....Welcome to our family! :biggrin1:

MM---High-Five on the Dr. appt! :clap2: I'm coming over for dinner tonight at your house. I want mushies, too! No, seriously though: remember yesterday we both had Soup at a restaurant? Well, it was sooooooooooooo good, that I'm going back tonight for more! (but it sure would go great with your chicken!);)

Whew...sorry if I missed anyone! Ok, I've bugged you people more than enough for now.....but you KNOW I'll be back to post more....

....in like 5 minutes! :omg:

Cheers!

Toni

Yes, Miss Toni, I am your neighbor yet I am centrally located (near Medical Center). The gas has gotten so much better, everyday the healing gets better. I am dying to get back to spin class, but being patient.

Toni, your kindness & warm spirit fills this thread - keep it goin!

Nina

{{{{NINA}}}} I am SO glad it all went well for you. Glad you're feeling better all the time and NOT hungry! That's the BEST part!!!

Nvalicia: Glad you're doing OK. It's pretty normal to freak a little before surgery. I am lying low from all my friends here, cuz I don't want a million questions ;)

Just got back from a 4 mile bike ride! That felt GOOD! Gonna take the kids swimming tonight...if the pool's open that is! Feels good to get active! ;)

Thanks MusicalMomma!

I am so happy that your are doing well too. I am so impressed with your weight loss - you are my inspiration!

Nina

Oh Yes I forgot to say in my post,

I bought by Magic Bullet at K Mart for $60 then saw it at costco for $49. That is the cheapest I have seen it. Rita

I was just banded on June 4th. I am doing well, physically, however I have a lot of gas, and my bowel movements are not regular, and most of all I am HUNGRY!hungry.gif

I am still on the liquid diet, but I also, have had Soup and cream of wheat. Which my nutritionist said is fine. Once I eat, I am fine, but I get hungry again very fast. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue.

The gas is something I anticipated to deal with, that get's better by the day. But I have always had regular BM's, and now they are slowed down to a crawl! I do drink Water, but I fill up fast with water. How are you all doing with drinking all the water? Any tips on any of the above mentioned, please let me know.

Oh, and I am craving popcorn popcorn.gif

Girl, why did you say POPCORN!!

Yes, I am irregular as well. I had my first movement a couple of days after I was banded but it still isn't like it was before.

Nina

Where did you all find your magic bullets? I see them online, but I went to both Kmart and Target this weekend, and neither of them have it (even though the online stores say they do).

Where did you all find your magic bullets? I see them online, but I went to both Kmart and Target this weekend, and neither of them have it (even though the online stores say they do).

Minty...I didn't know we still had any KMarts around! Let me know if you find a magic bullet. Maybe Macys, Bed Bath Beyond or Linens and Things? I don't have a magic bullet, either!:cry Still using my blender each time!

Thanks!

Toni

Yes, Miss Toni, I am your neighbor yet I am centrally located (near Medical Center). The gas has gotten so much better, everyday the healing gets better. I am dying to get back to spin class, but being patient.

Toni, your kindness & warm spirit fills this thread - keep it goin!

Nina

Nina...I feel like such a DORK! Have you ALWAYS had your Doctor info after your signature/(awesome)believe picture?!? Here I thought I was being such a cool detective!!!!! I live inside loop 610, too, but my Doctor is located in Conroe. Go figure! Anyway....GREAT to know another Houstonian on the board.

I can't believe you do a spin class. :faint: I tried one ONCE, but I think I have to meet my goal weight to try again. It just killed me too much. I couldn't keep up, stay seated, etc.....it was a major disaster! :embarassed: YOU GO GIRL! I'm glad someone can kick butt on the bike!

Hugs,

Toni

Wow...very bad day. I went out on my patio to have a cigarette earlier. (It is 92 degrees outside today.) When I came in, I was making a grocery list for my mom to get for the kiddos when extreme nausea washed over me and I nearly passed out. :faint:

I was able to make it to my bed and that helped to be able to lay down, but then the nausea turned to cold sweats, so I'm not sure what any of that was. I'm just glad it is over for now.

I'm one day out and not a happy camper, but I'm sure every day will be much better than the day before. (Right? :help: LOL)

I hope all "Junies" are doing well, Stef

(((Stephanie)))

Everyday is better than the one before, believe that!! Hope you feel better!

Nina

Hi everyone,

OK, so 3 days to go till surgery. I've finally come to peace with my clear liquid pre-op diet. Which is a good thing since I'm on liquids for one month after surgery. The first week - Clear Liquids with no Protein Drinks. that might be hard but hopefully I wont' be hungry.

I'm trying to gear myself up for the gas pain. It seems that almost everyone has it. My doctor said that gas-x or phazyme wont do any good because the gas isn't inside your organs. It was pumped into your stomach and has to dissipate through the tissue. So he said not to waste my money. Did anyone find that this truly helped or do you think it was a "mental" help? (Does that make sense?)

To everyone who just had surgery, keep your chin up. It sounds like it gets better everyday. I'm praying for all of you to feel better very quickly.

take care.

Dawn,

Maybe it was a mind thing for me but I thought the Phazyme helped but not alone. Walking is important & I also sipped warm tea.

Well girlie, good luck with your banding & we'll see you back hear for the great results.

Nina