Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Ohh Beckie! I'm soooo sorry you are STILL having trouble!! I just can't help to think how EASILY that could have been me. YOu poor thing!! Just keep your eye on the prize - you are so right to focus on your cholesterol and BMI going lower and lower! How amazing is that?! Hopefully the ID doc will be able to help you. DO they have you bathing in hepa-cleanse or anything like that? It's an all over body anti-bug stuff... Can't recall the EXACT name. but something like that. Oh, and you got to see our doc? The one who did our surgeries? Is he still HOT? Haha!! Thanks for the belated Bday wishes!

Thanks, Suzzzie. Yep, I got to see Doctor McSweety (as Judy and I tended to call him). He is HOT! (but don't tell my hubby I said that, lol) He's great, he's very thorough and I love that I can ask him questions and feel I can trust him (white coat syndrome). I am just hoping the ID Doc can give me a better alternative than to remove the port. The receptionist, Erica, said she'd had MRSA as well and that it eventually went away (she had two pic lines and went in for intravenous antibiotics daily and I'd gladly try that at this point). No Hepa-cleanse...but I will look into that. I miss my Bath & Body Works shower gels...since October I've been using plain non-fragranced antibacterial soap.

Beckie - I am so sorry you are still have MRSA. It is called a super-bug for a reason darn it. An ID doc is definitely what you need.

Thanks, Missy. I'm just set up my appointment with ID for Thursday following my Wound Care visit. The receptionist said I'd be their second lap-band patient with MRSA. I asked her if the other person had to have anything removed and she didn't know.

I had a 1cc unfill on Wednesday. Doc said my pouch looked slightly distended, which could be the beginning of a slip. He basically accused me of keeping my band too tight this whole time, making it do the work, and that is how I have lost this much weight.

Missy, will be thinking of you. My co-workers daughter has had a slip; hoping your arrogant doc is wrong. He needs to take some lessons from McSweety. :thumbup: You're not having an easy time of it and the doc should be a little more understanding.

Good morning gang. All that talk about Protein and body mass has my head spinning..LOL! I really haven't looked at it that closely and may be the reason my wl has slowed!

Beckie, sorry about your struggle, I hope it works out for you, I know that it must be hard.

Thanks, Janine! I'm trying to stay positive and fight and still keep my port/band. I'm not giving up easily.

I also need to look more at the protein/body mass info more. i know the days that I really increase my protein the scale really likes it and breathes a sigh of relief :) .

Have a good Tuesday, everyone!!!

Hey all...

I need to b**** and moan here for a minute...

Since my slight unfill last Monday I've gained 3 pounds. I'd lost 21 pounds in about 5 1/2 weeks because I was too tight, so I kind of assumed I'd gain something back, but I'm really upset to see it on the scale.< /p>

I'm NOT eating right... and I'm NOT exercising.

I know it's all my fault. I know that I cann't rely on the band to do it all for me... but it's irritating as heck!

Beckie - glad you got an appt with an ID doc. You'll have to let us know what he says!!

suzzzie I am not perfect, but read others who had that happen, maybe due to the differenct of being to tight and then eating the way you should. I bet those three lbs will be gone by Friday!

I am having a stressful day. I have a new tile floor kitchen and broke my first glass item on it, AN ENTIRE BOTTLE OF WINE!!! NOT FUN CLEANING UP!! Maybe that is a sign. I am having problems with my 19 year old son, not working, stopped going to school for the second time. I am really frustrated. My dh is his step dad and can't understand why I am leaving him live at home...but it is hard, he is my youngest but this can't go on forever.... life goes on with the band, hard to break the stress eating/drinking... sorry for the VENT!

Janine - sounds to me like you should have just gotten down on all fours and licked the bottle of wine up! Lol. j/k. Sorry about the homelife drama... Does it help any to know that my freaking rent check bounced this month? Grr! So I had ice cream to comfort me. I hate this cycle. Maybe I should take up drinking. Lol.

I am going to vent also. I have to see the doctor every 6-8 weeks, so I went in yesterday expecting a fill. They wouldn't give me one AGAIN. They don't want me to get too tight, I don't think I can get tight with the small amount I have in the band anyways. I told them that I don't feel restriction at all, but I haven't eaten a lot either so it hasn't really been tested. I guess I will wait until next time.

On another note, is anyone having problems with low Vitamin D levels? I am taking supplements but the doc says it is still low.

Well it looks like it's vent day....i really don't have a vent...just a situation...but it has been resolved.

In Texas we have the TAKS test that seniors must pass to graduate. My god-daughter did not pass the math portion. She is not dumb at all--in fact--she was exempt from all of her finals because her grades were so good. Failing the TAKS meant no graduation...but God is good!!!! A private school is going to let her graduate with its senior class. At first she was like: "I won't know anyone..." but we've found that several students who didn't pass various portions of the TAKs are going to graduate. The private school is making a boatload of money. They charge each student tution for 1 semester $1000.00 I'm just glad that her parents were able to pay it.

She's already been accepted to 3 different colleges with scholarships...

suzzzie thanks for you sense of humor. I snacked my night away and today is a new day! I did not feel the best this morning, which I deserve! I wish I could cut out the snacking.

bigbaby In Virginia the schools have a similar process called the SOL, Standard of Learning. They start in Elementary school. The teachers changed their entire method of teaching to meet the outcomes on the SOL, not to meet the needs of the students. If the school's average does not meet the standard, they get less state funds. it is crazy! I understand they don't want a student to graduate if they can't read, but it is so money driven that the kids lose out big time. My youngest son was the first class that needed to pass to graduate. I was stressen. Glad it all worked out!

I don't plan to hit the scale for a few days. I need to get myself under control so when I get on if it is up, I can handle it in a positive way!

BB - Wow... I'm glad they found a way for her to graduate. Ugh! So glad my high school didn't require that! Lol... I graduated #23 in a class of 25 students! I hated high school and just never did my work. In college, when it was my choice to be there, and studying something that I found interesting and useful I held a 3.5 GPA. High school is overrated and out of date... when will they learn?

Janine - evening snacking... I started crocheting last December. It keep both of my hands tied up and snack free while watching TV in the evenings. Mostly I just don't want to get my yarn all cheesey or wet or crumbs in it... whatever I may have snacked on. I get one evening snack prior to starting crochet, and I get a dinner break. PLUS I get to make these fabulous things! I'm always making fluffy flip flops, currently working on a major afghan, and have plans to do a few decorative pillows... a couple throw blanket type afghans, etc. I"ve also made a purse that my Mom tried to steal from me.

So, pick you a hobby that keeps TWO hands busy and go for it!

Hello all you June 2007 Bansters! I came to this thread to see how you did a year later! Wow what an instiration! so many pounds lost! :wink2: Gives me so much hope!

Hey Cathy!! Congrats on getting you a band! You will LOVE it... once you get fills and restriction. Lol.

SO you're from Kinsport TN? I'm friends with a girl from there. She is here in KC in Med School for now though. Very small world!

nvalicia - sorry you didn't get your fill - does your doc use fluro so they could see it? Not that it is perfect, mine tightened up after a couple weeks, even though it looked perfect at the time! I am slowly getting back to more solid food, but trying not to push it. But that means I eat more carbs than I would like.

I am going to be glad if mine 15 y/o passes everything this semester! He is a genius, but like you Suzzie thinks high school is stupid. He is somehow going to magically have a music career, so why does he need school? this from the kid who was reading at 2 1/2 and knew all the state capitals when he was 3.

Cathy - good luck on your upcoming surgery - if you feel like reading, we have almost a whole year of experience on here! It is hard to believe.

ToniTeach - are you still out there - you were one of our firsts!

fingers-crossed we will be closing on our house Friday or next Tuesday!

Welcome Cathy and good luck on your band journey! You will be happy with your decision.

Idol fans....GO COOK!!!! I liked David A, but felt David Cook was better, more diverse. Archuleta sang the same way every week, he will have a successful career too. What did you think of the show? what was with Carly's black hose all night, not good. I like her, being and Irish gal too, but I agree with Simon that she does not dress the best for the show!

Off to work..have a great day.

I didn't watch American Idol much at all this year... it was on at the same time as Biggest Loser for a while, and I watched that instead... and by the time that was done AI was already in full swing. David Cook is from Blue Springs MO which is just a 'stones throw' away from KC... so I've been hearing all about him and his performances ALLLLLLLLLLL season long. Lol. Everytime I got to Walmart I see at least one person wearing a David Cook tshirt. Lol.

BTW... I'm now up 6 pounds since my unfill on the 12th. I R.E.A.L.L.Y. need to start exercising again regularly... this dang band won't work on its own!!

Hi, All. Yep, David Cook was the better choice, even though I am biased being from KC. Archuleta did the same types of song each week and really he didn't seem very articulate to me, while DC was able to talk to the press, act, and hold his own.

Got done with Wound Care and Infec. Disease doc visits this morning. My port is going to be taken out, let me heal up and dose with tons of strong, strong antibiotics and then possibly put it back in a dif. spot at a later date when all healed up.

Beckit--If they remove the port, will the band still be in place? Will they do a total unfill? How long will it take for you to heal?

Welcome Cathy!!! Enjoy the journey!!!