Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Heck! Screw the prunes and Fiber Cereal and crap! Suzzzie, gimme the name of that ice cream that does it for ya! That's the way to "go" for me! LOL

:lol:Lol.:lol: Either Blue or Edys works. It has to be the fat free no sugar added kind. Makes my BFF 'go' too!! We both joke that we need to eat it while sitting on the toilet, because it makes our tummies rumble pretty quickly! Lol. I almost went out and bought some last night. I think it's Blue Bunny that has it in a toffee crunch flavor. It's not bad. Lol. :biggrin:

Anybody doing the April exercise challenge? I thought maybe it would kick me in the butt.

Hi I am not doing the exercise challenge, but I would like to go back to talking about poop. I do not go every day and it does not worry me one bit. The way I look at it is, if you do not eat a lot you are not going to have as much poop. It is after all a waste product. However I would worry about not going for a long time. I eat plenty of fruit and vegetables and go, perhaps, every other day. I also think that getting stressed about it makes it worse.

Anyway I hope you are all able to solve your poop problems because it is horrible when you are all bloated with it.

Congrats Big Baby! I too was at 200 for what seemed like forever and finally a few days ago I got to 199. It feels great.

Got a goooood fill yesterday. I now have 8.5 in my 10cc band. Today I had a 4oz Activia yogurt for lunch and after approx 3oz of it I was full. Took me 3 hours to drink my 12oz Protein Shake this morning. :cursing: I'm excited!! I really want this fill to be the MAGICAL one for me like the fill I had in Sept that worked good for 3 months!! Lol.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Oops. I just ate 7 potato chips. I was wanting to CHEW and these were just laying around. They are now in my roommates bedroom. Lol. They'll be gone before the sun comes up.

And I have indigestion. So I'm going to chew on a couple TUMS and drink a glass of Water. FUn fun.

BigBaby and nvalicia - congrats on Onederland! :tongue:

I am so close:cursing:. I had a fill on Wednesday, so I hope to get there. He does all of his adjustments under fluoro - which is more expensive, but nice. All I could take was .2cc which puts me at 6.6cc. He tried putting me back up to 7.0cc (were i was with my unfill) and it was TOO tight, the barium stopped. So on x-ray I should be exactly were I need to be - but we will see how it goes. Suzzzie - I am looking for that perfect spot again also, but he said it may be tough to achieve again.

I had lost 8lbs since my last appointment - but that was 8 weeks ago. He said you have lost 59% of your excess weight - that is more than I tell my band patients to expect to lose in 2-3 years, SO you have exceeded all the expectations for the band. Which just is another way of telling me, I am going to have to exercise to get the rest of the weight off! DANG IT - I hate exercise! I know Steph - if I would just do it, maybe it wouldn't be so bad!

Cross your fingers for me - we have put an offer on a house with 12 acres!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Back from shopping today. I am happy to say I bought a size 18 shorts! I bought cute capri jeans at K-mart in an 18. I almost bought stretch 16 jeans at Old Navy - they fit great but were way too long and I didn't want to mess with them. I almost bought them just because they were a 16 that fit. I bought 1X shirts, I could fit in the XL, but I felt more comfortable with the 1X covering my stomach a little more. I went shopping wearing a 22W pants and a 2X shirt - what a difference the right size clothes make! I started out at a tight 32. So it was a good day - I am 2.8lbs away from 200!

Thanks, Wombat! It was great! This is what I posted on the "bycyling" thread...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, guys! I just got in from Tour Dallas, and WOW!

IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!

We got off to a rocky start. Start time was 8am...us 30 milers were set to head out first. No wait...safety issue. Give us 10 minutes. IT WAS COLD THIS MORNING and I wanted to get moving! 10 minutes passes...still have safety issue, which is the company with the cones and barricades is a no show! JEEZ it couldn't have been a worse scenario. Scrambling for tons more Dallas Police to cover most every intersection on the routes. There were 3 routes...8, 20 and 30. At 8:30 we take off! Those cops volunteered and showed up FAST and they were SO NICE at every intersection, cheering us on! Okay, this was my first organized event, and i almost chewed pavement at the starting line! It is SO DIFFERENT riding with THOUSANDS of people! Very slow getting going, as you might expect, but it was REALLY slow. Picked up quick, though.

It was a fantastic ride! Beautiful weather, nice people, great ride support. Went through downtown, through the historic district, around Lake Ray Hubbard. And Texas is flat, so where the hell did all those hills come from?!?!? My legs are SHOT. First time with my aerobars, too. I like them, though it was close quarters and so many twists and turns much of the time that I didn't settle into them very often.

At the end, there were cops and spectators yelling and cheering, bringing us in to the party area where they were handing out Water, sodas, monster something-or-other drinks, pizza to all the riders. So I hung out for a bit visiting and drinking my monster and water before heading back to my truck to load up.

I'm exhausted and exhilerated (sp?) all at the same time! Exhausted wins, though...I'm off for a shower and a nap!

I'll make a slide show later with all the pics I took and post a link here! I should've taken more, but I was having so much fun that I would forget about the camera around my neck!

See y'all laterz!

Amazing Stef!!! :lol:

Can't wait to see the pics! I'm not coordinated enough to take pics and ride a bike - I would definitely eat dirt!!

wombat

Got a goooood fill yesterday. I now have 8.5 in my 10cc band. Today I had a 4oz Activia yogurt for lunch and after approx 3oz of it I was full. Took me 3 hours to drink my 12oz Protein Shake this morning. :lol: I'm excited!! I really want this fill to be the MAGICAL one for me like the fill I had in Sept that worked good for 3 months!! Lol.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Wow, that's some fill. I hope it does the trick for you. NO MORE POTATO chips though, ya hear?

I am trying to ride my bike, and stay off Snacks. I rode about 15 miles today...not all my choice.....my daughter wanted to ride to her bf's. I called dh on the last 5 miles to come pick me up...wimp....but he didn't answer his phone. All uphill on the way home. LOL My restriction has lifted and I can eat almost anything I want and it all goes right through. I am starting to wonder if I have a leak. Probably not though...this is about the timeframe for me to need another fill. I'll be getting one on the 16th and hope I don't have any problems. It's going to be 35# until I get to Onederland. oh well.....at least I know it can be done hearing everyone else is getting there too....whooohoo!

Have a good weekend all!