Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Welcome Back CD - funny when I posted last night I was thinking - how long before Captain Dan gets back? Then you ended up right under mine! 2 1/2 cups does sound like a lot at one time, but if I know you it is all healthy stuff - right? You have done so well, I am sure you are fine, but it is probably time for a fill. Most meals for me are 1/2 cup maybe 1 cup if I am lucky, but as Janine said, I would imagine that men would need a little more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by o2bthin viewpost.gif

Oh my gosh Stef, please don't think my OCD comment was directed towards you. I mean ME!!! It runs in my family! lol Part of making this work for me is that I make it workable. I have to fit it in with all the millions of juggling balls I'm trying to keep in the air. One of my downfalls is that I don't make time for taking care of myself because I'm too busy and focused on everyone else's lives....which they would prefer I stay out of if you kwim (teenagers!).

I think you deserve a hug today...and I know I could use one too! (((((((((Stef)))))))) If anyone deserves a break on herself, it's you!

OH NO! I didn't even remember who said it, and I never took it offensively or personally. I was just concurring with it that I certainly can obsess! No worries, mate! Hugs right back at ya! (((((((INSUB)))))))

Now here's a question: What is "kwim"?

It means "know what I mean"

Hi everyone. So I went to lunch with a friend today and I took 3 bites and got stuck. I can usually unstick myself but today was bad. I asked for some pineapple juice. I drank two small sips and ended up running to the bathroom. It came up not down. Is that what it was supposed to do?

stef I got vomited this weekend not related to food. I was sick. not due to the band. that is my question, if anyone else has. like I said, the band has to take into consideration when people do get ill, right?

I ate more than a cup of chili both tonight and last night, no problems. Does lquid type foods, such as chili and Soup, go down through easier? And the 1/2 cup limit is different? would this impact the band stretching? It was so good, and I don't feel overly stuffed? Anyone else experience this?

It means "know what I mean"

Hi everyone. So I went to lunch with a friend today and I took 3 bites and got stuck. I can usually unstick myself but today was bad. I asked for some pineapple juice. I drank two small sips and ended up running to the bathroom. It came up not down. Is that what it was supposed to do?

JoJo- I tried the pinapple juice as well. I had the same experience. It came up very quickly. I was violently ill from it. It did work though. I'm glad you asked this question because I was wondering the same thing when it happened to me.

stef I got vomited this weekend not related to food. I was sick. not due to the band. that is my question, if anyone else has. like I said, the band has to take into consideration when people do get ill, right?

I ate more than a cup of chili both tonight and last night, no problems. Does lquid type foods, such as chili and Soup, go down through easier? And the 1/2 cup limit is different? would this impact the band stretching? It was so good, and I don't feel overly stuffed? Anyone else experience this?

Just going by the handout that everyone gets from the place I was banded, the answer is no. It is what it is as far as physically. It says that if I were to get sick, not from the band (like stomach flu or something), that I am to call right away to have all fill removed. This is to keep the band from slipping due to the contractions in your stomach that make you vomit. It doesn't go into great detail...that's about all it says in the post op directions about that.

Today for dinner I was able to eat a Gordan's Cajun Fish Fillet :hungry::hungry: and about a cup of green Beans. Is this too much? Should I be able to eat an entire fish fillet? I enjoyed it!!!!:help:

Pre-banding I would have eaten both fillets....

I dont think that sounds like too much, but than what do I know. If you can get it in than it should be fine.

Plus, it is something healthy for you.

I had a fill on the 7th but I don't have much resrtiction. I go in on the 9th and I will ask how much they put in. They did it during my port replacement surgery so I have no idea how much they did we talked about doing a small amount because I was doing so good without any fills before that. Should I get more or wait until I stop losing? I don't know what to do. It seems like I can still eat too much.

OK all!!!

Just home from my first meeting for the weightloss challenge thingy I signed up for. Everyone was super nice, and they didn't push ANYONE to by the Herbalife stuff! I was shocked! They mentioned it a few times, but it wasn't like "This is awesome and the only way you'll lose weight." Haha. Actually, one of the distributers that was there has GB last year and that is when she discovered Herbalife, and started with the Protein Shakes.

ANYWAY.

It was all very awesome. We all got weighed and measured (let me add here that I am seriously the only one that has more than about 40 pounds to lose... they were all so thin!) AND!!! Tonights guest speaker was a personal trainer from a gym here in town... and she is offering up a 30 minute personal training session for the next 5 weeks for each of us for only $5 per session!!!! OMG! Thats freaking amazing! I'm soooo doing that! That will help me out for when I got to my gym and work out on my own. I'm very very excited about this!!

Suzie, that sounds great. I wish I could find something like that for around here. A personal trainer giving tips would be great.

Has anyone else out there tried Curves. I have been going since March, and really like it. It is great starting out, since you can start at your own pace. If you are really out of shape, like I was, it is a great starting place. The more in shape you get, the harder you work with the machines.

Today, I had one of the staff show me how to do the advanced workout. It is like the regular, only you do a lot more repititions on the machines. They check your heart rate after every two machines to make sure you are keeping it up. I tell you, it is a workout. I will be stiff tomorrow I bet. It feels really good to know that I can do it and Get out of breath and sweaty.

If someone is having a hard time getting started with an exercise program, I would suggest Curves. You can go in and check the place out and do a trial run and then decide if you like it before you sign up. It is only a half an hour, and the time flies. They suggest

3 times a week, but I have been going at least 4 times.

I notice even tho the pounds are coming off slow, I have really lost the inches.

Lets all get busy and shake that body.

Thank you all for the warm welcome back it's nice to see how everyone is doing.

O2BThin: I never liked getting on the scale anyway but I think it's better getting on every month or so because the pay off is better 10-15lbs every month or two is better that 1-2 lbs a week I think plus it looks like to me every scale is a little different so I only use the scale at my doctors.

Missy: I do only eat healthy stuff but would still only like to eat 1- 1 1/2 per meal I am the kind that has to eat everything on my plate even if I feel full. So I think I will try another fill and only puting 1 - 1 1/2 on my plate at a time and see how it goes.

Bigbaby: I eat those Gorton fish all the time and I have a cup to a cup and a half of veggies each time and I sometimes feel like it's to much but as long as it something like green Beans witch go down well for me I think you doing ok.

Java: I have not ate any chili yet but I do enjoy a bowl of Soup from time to time. I think when eating wet foods like that the band does not do awhole lot of good. When I have soup I like to put some tuna or something in it to make it more like soild food but what I found to work best for me is to stay away from foods like that becasue I don't feel full at all aftereating them.

stef: All of our boats have e mail via sat but I have to pay for my own internet witch only works where my cell phone works witch is most of the time when I am not offshore. My boat is going to work in the gulf for awhile but I am not sure what it is doing to be doing. They want me to take a boat to africa so my 8 weeks may be longer of shorter bepending on what they have me do. I really want to go back the the west coast and work my 28/28 but it might not happen till well after the first of the year. last time I was home was aug 22nd and i don't think I will get to go home till after the first anyway.