Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

INSUB - Your post got me thinking, and I went to researching again. I certainly don't want to make poor decisions with my body, nor perpetuate them to others. I really struggle to get my Protein in, and would prefer not to if my current info is incorrect.

I found this on the World Health Organization website, but I don't know the conversion ratios from kilograms to pounds. Do you know what 1 gram per kilogram of weight would convert to in pounds? I looked for a good converter on the net, but didn't see one.

It is evident that the recommended allowance for Protein (NPU 0.8) for adult men and women is 1 g per kg body weight per person per day, which is in line with the first internationally recommended allowance for protein needs of human adults proposed by the League of Nations in 1936

What you need to do is switch your body weight (which is now changing daily!) from pounds to kilograms - NOT mess with the gram/kilogram ratio. That is how the nutritionist figured I needed about 90 grams a day. (of course when I do this it comes out as about 152! There is NO way, thats gotta be unhealthy!!)

ANYWAY... Here is a GOOD TABLE that you can convert your weight from pounds to kilograms. THen just rememberto eat 1gram protein for every kilogram that you weigh.

WOW WE ARE OVER 200 POSTS!!!!:clap2:

suzzzie Glad to hear you are doing great. I hear ya with the pizza. I hope I can always eat at least 1 slice. But the craving for more is there sometimes! GREAT weight loss:whoo:

I am celebrating this weekend, I am down 3 lbs,,, to One..derland!! I only hope I can keep it there!! :clap2:

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and the nice weather!!

WOWZA!! ONE-derland?!?! I'm so jealous! I'll be happy if I ever make it to TWO-terville!! Lol. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Thank you, SUZZZIE! That is a fantastic tool you gave there...I couldn't find a decent one to save my life. And it does so many different conversions, too.

P.S. HA! TWO-terville! That one had me laughing out loud and I scared the dogs out of their naps! Never heard that one before!

No problem Stef!

OK, question:

WHY do I think I can still eat? Lol. I was hungry, so I decide to fix me a scrambled egg... And i made THREE eggs cause one looked so small and lonely in the pan. Haha! I've probably eaten less than one egg and I'm stuffed. I hope my eyes adjust to my band SOON! I'm tired of wasting food!

OK, question:

WHY do I think I can still eat? Lol. I was hungry, so I decide to fix me a scrambled egg... And i made THREE eggs cause one looked so small and lonely in the pan. Haha! I've probably eaten less than one egg and I'm stuffed. I hope my eyes adjust to my band SOON! I'm tired of wasting food!

I know what you mean. I have taken to cooking with that tiny little skillet that always comes with a set. It had never been used before I had surgery!

I wish, wish, wish I could eat scrambled eggs! No matter how much I chew, no matter how small the bite, they always get stuck on the first bite. And I LOVE scrambled eggs. Fried go down fine. ;)

I am celebrating this weekend, I am down 3 lbs,,, to One..derland!! I only hope I can keep it there!! :clap2:

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and the nice weather!!

Congrats ;) That is FANTASTIC news!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

~Toni

WOW. Thanks Stephanie and Suzzzie for the info. According to that I should be getting 85 grams per day, but my nutritionist only told me to get a minimum of 60 per day. I wonder why there is such a difference.

I guess I will probably try to boost my Protein intake.

stef you make me laugh!! You will join me anytime, as hard as you work at it!!

suzzzie you too, love the little figure shaking there!! every 5 to 10 lb loss is another step to a milestone!! You will be there soon. Two terville!! LOL

thanks toni, love seeing you post..

I have a question regarding steak. I ate it a few weeks ago and it went down. But my fear is when it does go down in the lower bigger stomach, does it digest the same as prior to the band? I know steak takes a long time to digest. what do you all think? Before i get your message, I would have had it if I decided to?? I also think, like you Stef, sometimes that extra Protein gives you a boost!

I think when I hit Two-terville I will be in shock and probably cry! I was 300+ when I got married 6 yrs ago and when I started my pre-op diet I was 386!! I can't wait for my husband to see the THIN me!! My little boy who is almost 5 keeps saying "momma you gettin skinny" and gives me thumbs up!! He is all about wanting to be healthy!! GO FIGURE!! What 5 yr old before eating something asks if it's junk food or is it good food?? I'm so proud of him! Now if my hubby was so easy to "convert" LOL Oh well he and I have 30+ yrs of bad habits to break! We're making it though slowly but surely!

I totally miss binge eating. Please tell me I"m not the only one that wishes I could get a total unfill for just a few days so I could EAT again? haha.

You are NOT the only one. I think about that way more than I would like. Even going so far as to think -when I get to goal, maybe I can relax and eat again! YIKES certainly not the right frame of mind for maintenance! Thank goodness for my band and great restriction or I would definitely be back off the wagon again.

I finally hit 70lbs down today! I know I said I wasn't going to weigh until next week, but I couldn't stand it, I had to see what my TOM was doing to me. I got a very pleasant surprise that I was down another pound! If I can lose weight now, I know my band is working!

Java - congrats on ONEderland!:whoo::whoo:

GO CHIEFS! they pulled another one out today!

Holli and MJ...WOW! 70 pounds gone! That is amazing! :clap2:

Well I went vacation clothes shopping today. I saw so many cute things, but refrained from buying anything for myself just yet. Vacation is five weeks away and I have hopes of being at least more one size down by then. I'm really starting to get excited about the trip!

I did get a lot for hubby, though. He is just about finished except for one more dress shirt and some t-shirts. I have the hardest time finding t-shirts in "long". He is too tall to wear regular t-shirts and have them stay tucked under his shirts.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to find them? ;)

I think when I hit Two-terville I will be in shock and probably cry! I was 300+ when I got married 6 yrs ago and when I started my pre-op diet I was 386!! I can't wait for my husband to see the THIN me!! My little boy who is almost 5 keeps saying "momma you gettin skinny" and gives me thumbs up!! He is all about wanting to be healthy!! GO FIGURE!! What 5 yr old before eating something asks if it's junk food or is it good food?? I'm so proud of him! Now if my hubby was so easy to "convert" LOL Oh well he and I have 30+ yrs of bad habits to break! We're making it though slowly but surely!

I hear ya Holli!! I started this journey at 382. I've been over 300 since my Junior year of high school... I was over 200 when I was about 11 or 12 years old... So I absolutly have NO idea what it would be like to be thin!! I have no clue what I'll look like! A part of me can't even wrap my mind around it. It seems like something that will never happen. Every time I get on the scale and am down another pound I get so excited. Right now I'm weighing in at around 337 (was 333 the other day, but I fluctuate alot during the week) and I haven't been this low weight-wise in about 3 years. Everything is just insanely exciting for me.

Hi Guys, I don;t talk on these boards all that often, but I lurk endlessly ;o) The point is...I feel like a failure,I had my surery on June 20th and lost about 20lbs during that phase and now I can;t even lose aone single ounce. What is up with that..I have hired a trainer and we meet a my gym three mornings a week I started out at 225 on June 20th and here it is Oct.1 and I've only lost 20ish pounds. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???? I can feel restriction. I do get things stuck anend up slimbing, but I have never PBed . I can eat most things still with some stickage.

Here's the question....should I get another fill on Tuesday Oct.2nd.

Any and all opinions are welcome. Are there any othe non /slow losers here? What to have a Party???? I'll bring the food ;))

I and hear ya Holli and Suz. I'm also a heavy-weight and have been since I was a young'un. One time I starved myself down to 200 and it was great for the week it lasted ;-) Every tiny bit of weight lost is such a blessing and I'm so glad I found my way to the band. I can tell I'm going to succeed too. I am started to make so many plans that I never dared dream about before. I have many issues I need to address but it is so refreshing to address them while I'm losing weight rather than while I'm gaining.