Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

I had totally forgotten that we have a june-subgroup. That may be where every is posting...It was good to see the 3-month pictures. I MAY (that's a big may) post my pict....not sure yet...however.....musicalmomma, msafari, suzzie, faithmd, and stef you all look SPENDIFFEROUS!!!!

Subgroup? Subgroup!!!!? Hey! I'm going over there........in just a minute. I may post my hideous pics.

Busy day today. I have lost quite a bit of restriction, and eating is pretty easy. It's frustrating because I want more, but I won't go back for a fill for a while. It comes and goes, maybe because I am chewing better and eating smaller bites. All in all, I eat less than preband, and I am not gaining. That is progress.

BCrazy, if that's all you had for your birthday, ya done good! You controlled it, and had what you wanted and didn't overdo it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! It's a new you this year!

Suzzzie good luck with your new fill. You're right about letting the swelling go down. I tried but I never stopped pbing Water long enough I guess. Keep us posted.

I went shopping with dd tonight, and it was fun looking at the 16's though it will be a while before I'll wear any......it does motivate me to lose the next 10 pounds. I also told the salesgirls at the store that I had a lapband and wasn't going to buy any $78.00 Silver jeans just yet. LOL I surprised myself telling them, since I haven't told anyone but some close family and one friend.....but it was very freeing. Who are they going to go blab to anyway? Maybe some day I'll be comfortable with telling the world, who knows.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Tomorrow I'll be taking dd out to the beaches and try to find some birds.

Peace out,

Hello, Java! HotCoffee.gif Hello, everybody! I wanted to stop in and give a "shout out" to my bandster buddies. I miss being here so much like I was, but I'm having such a good time while hubby is home!

In the meantime...

2791.gif

OMG! My mom is the world's worst about getting film developed. (Don't even ask why she won't use the digital camera I gave her for Christmas last year!) Anyhow, she did finally get some film developed from June. She brought pics over today and in them were pics of me just hours before surgery. Wow, was I ever BIG! I didn't even realize back then. I think the "before" pics I posted were accurate, but I sure was "put together" a lot better than I was just before surgery. But then, who gets dolled up to have surgery, huh? Wow, the pics are really bad. Then there are pics of me outside the surgery center, leaving for home less than an hour after waking up in post-op. That pic is a reall winner...LOL. I'll have to post those sometime when I get the nerve!

Just thought I'd share...Take care all!

I had forgotten about the subthreads too. I'm only subscribed to this thread. I have loads of fat pictures. I don't mind getting my photo taken, as long as I don't have to look at them later. My highest weight (a couple of years ago now) was 374 pounds and I know I'd have a few pics from then. Now I'm 296 but come my 6th month bandday, I'll post a before and now.

Stef - can't wait to see your beautiful bics! Haha. I have one of me lying on the gurney just before surgery but they'd already given me a small 'tester' dose of the good juice and I was feeling loopy - its AWFUL but so funny. I might have to post it!!

So my scale has me down to 344 this morning - 5 pounds less than I was Friday when I got my fill. I'm not changing my Ticker but I'm excited about it! I really haven't been below 350 in over a year, so anything under that is awesome for me. Actually, I hit 350 about 4-5 years ago and have since then struggled between 330 and 380. I can't wait to be below 330!! THAT will be a celebration day!

toni great to hear from you! Please post, you are a bright light on the thread. Do you think it is the food choices that have you at a stand still? How about exercise? I know you know all this already. You will get there!

stef what does your dh do that he travels? that must be hard having him gone at times. I give military wives alot of credit.

patty that is remarkable that 1 cc is all you need. someone told me they heard of woman who had no fills and lost over 100 lbs. I think you eat a good meal it will boost your metabolism. Maybe it is the steak I ate last weekend that did it for me.

rhonda I thought of jeans yesterday, but like you I don't want to spend money for pants I will grow out of. I retired another pair of jeans, a suit and some shirts this week. It is a great feeling!!

The Biggest Loser Does anyone watch this? I never watched a season before, caught clips here and there, but started watching it this time. it is so emotional to watch. I cried for some of those woman and men. I envy having a trainer like Jilian, it would be nice for someone to kick my a__ into shape!

Toni, I am in the same boat as you. Have been holding the same for over a month now. Don't know what else I can do. I am exercising good. I know I can eat as much as I used to if I let myself. Talked to the NP on the phone last week, and she said just to wait for my appointment, on the 25th. She said that I just haven't reached the right spot yet. Well, lets get going..........

I feel like I have wasted 3plus months so far. Really frustrating. She told me according to my chart I have 5.6cc in a 10 cc band. That is not what they have been telling me. I thought I had 7. Guess they are not telling the truth when they fill me.

Hopefully In a little over a week I will have the right amount.

So Toni, you are not alone. How much have you had for fills so far?

Just so we can keep from gaining, that is the battle now.

stef what does your dh do that he travels? that must be hard having him gone at times. I give military wives alot of credit.

He works offshore in the oil industry. He works six weeks on, three weeks off. It is hard with him gone sometimes...but we have SKYPE (internet telephone) and of course Yahoo! Messenger with voice, so we talk every day even though he is on a boat way out in the Gulf of Mexico.

Also, we've been together since high school and he is retired Navy, so this is a piece of cake compared to that! He was on carriers, so six weeks gone is a lot better than six months gone like he would do in the military.

And it is so nice for him to be off for three solid weeks every month and a half. We get to play a lot! Next trip home we are off to Vegas for eight days with excursions booked every day...we are going to need a vacation from our vacation when that one is over!

Toni, I am in the same boat as you. Have been holding the same for over a month now. Don't know what else I can do. I am exercising good. I know I can eat as much as I used to if I let myself. Talked to the NP on the phone last week, and she said just to wait for my appointment, on the 25th. She said that I just haven't reached the right spot yet. Well, lets get going..........

I feel like I have wasted 3plus months so far. Really frustrating. She told me according to my chart I have 5.6cc in a 10 cc band. That is not what they have been telling me. I thought I had 7. Guess they are not telling the truth when they fill me.

Hopefully In a little over a week I will have the right amount.

So Toni, you are not alone. How much have you had for fills so far?

Just so we can keep from gaining, that is the battle now.

Thanks, Joeygirl....you hit the nail on the head----just DON'T gain!!!!! I also know what you mean about wasting 3 months. So far, each pound I lost cost $1000!!! :omg:

I think I need a little unfill....I slime a lot. Doesn't help me lose weight any, though, because I seek out foods that won't make me slime, or else I'll become bulemic :embarassed::confused:

I hope you find your sweet spot....you're a sweetie, anyhow!!!

Hugs,

Toni

Suzzie, Suzzie, Suzzie.....I tried the meatball recipe that you posted last month. It is GREAT!! I substituted mozerella with Chipolte Cheddar cheese. I only tried one tonight--and they're a little spicy--so I put some chipolte b-b-q sauce on them and put the rest in the refrigerator. I think that I made the too large. I saw where the recipe makes 25, however I think I made about 15. This will work for me because I can take 2 for lunch.< /span>

If you have any other great recipes--feel free to share

Lol BigBaby! Glad you like them. I'm not big on cooking but do come up with a few recipes now and then. Haha.

Funny too, cause I was just thinking today about making some of those meatballs!!

OH thanks for reminding me about that recipe! I was going to make those for a party I am having on Friday with my high school drama club friends!

I have a job interview in Nashville next week - flying Southwest. Normally I would boycott Southwest, but since they are paying for the flight, I have to do it. I am not too worried about the seat and seat belt this time, but I haven't flown them in so long, I am not sure. KC never says anything about size, nor have they asked me to purchase another seat - unlike San Diego. I don't think Nashville would bring it up either - any experience? At 265, I should be fine, but I HATE even having to think about it!

suzzie..by any chance do you know how many pages back? I remember reading about them, but never saw the recipe!

Today was a bit long at work, still not feeling myself. then a woman that works for me that had gastric bypass asked if i was getting my Protein and what vitimans I was taking? so, I emailed my NP to give me a refresher on vitimans. I think I am ok on the protein.

toni great to hear from you!

stef enjoy your time with your dh.

suzzie..by any chance do you know how many pages back? I remember reading about them, but never saw the recipe!

Today was a bit long at work, still not feeling myself. then a woman that works for me that had gastric bypass asked if i was getting my Protein and what vitimans I was taking? so, I emailed my NP to give me a refresher on vitimans. I think I am ok on the protein.

toni great to hear from you!

stef enjoy your time with your dh.

Here's the recipe, it was on page 178:

Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs

1 lb ground turkey 1 cup dry breadcrumbs 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper 1 tablespoon garlic, minced 1 egg 4 ounces mozzarella cheese

1. pre-heat over to 400F degrees.
  2. cut mozzarella cheese into very small cubes.
  3. mix breadcrumbs (I use pepperage farms herb crusted stuffing mix) and cayenne pepper in large bowl.
  4. add 1 egg and minced garlic to breadcrumbs.
  5. fold in ground turkey.
  6. may need to add more breadcrumbs to desired texture.
  7. roll meatballs to about 1 inch size.
  8. make hole in each meatball and add small cube of mozzarella cheese to middle, then pinch meat around and roll to fully cover cheese.
  9. Place on lighty greased baking pan.
  10. bake at 400F degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs fully cooked.

Lol That was easy!! I post recipes I make up on Recipezaar: Where the World's Recipes Are. so all I had to do was cut/paste! yay!!

I'm an amature cook though, so if ya'll see anything that could be changed to improve it, let me know!!