Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

SCgirlafm: If you are happy with the weight loss, I'd say you are one of the lucky ones! Be happy you are losing without further restriction.

Continued good luck to you!

I love this site! Tonight I was reading all the posts of frustrations and challenges with no restriction or weight loss and I was about to cry. Then I read Waters' post and just died laughing! Waters, I could feel every emotion you went through and it was cathartic for me today. Thanks to everyone who bears their soul here and finds support from the June Bandsters.

I can relate to being ANGRY. I'm angry all the time now. I've finally started telling some people what I've been meaning to FOREVER. I'm trying to figure out if this means I'm "getting better" or if I'm taking out my anger on the wrong people. As an example, my cousin, who I've always been very close with, had a "wedding" at her house one mile down the street and didn't invite any of her family, including her mom. I wasn't even going to talk to her about it (I HATE THE GUY), but she kept f'n asking me why I wasn't happy for her. After about the third time I just let LOOSE and said some really mean things to her. it felt GREAT to get it off my chest but I'm pretty sure I'll never talk to her again. Right now I feel like it's a good thing, it's not good to have draining people in your life all the time (she's always borrowing money or something else). I've also been super angry at work. Before I would "yes ma'am" everyone to death, now some people think I'm such a bitch. I do enjoy this empowerment, but it's very hard for me to think of myself as strong when I never have before.

Okay sorry, done with the ranting. My emotions are everywhere. I even asked out my brother's best friend of like 20 years VIA EMAIL. What was I thinking?? He never even responded!!

I think we might be onto something here. I think I've been a total bitch lately, too. I never was one to let people walk all over me...not even close. I've always been over-opinionated! LOL But now it is ten times worse! I have ZERO patience for my mother...she drives me absolutely NUTS if I'm in the same zip code as her for more than two minutes. I normally tolerate her "blonde-ness" a lot better. Now, when I'm around her, I keep saying in my head "stupid, stupid, stupid"...how mean is that? And she KNOWS I'm barely tolerating her, too. I can't keep my opinion from showing in my face. I told off my husband twice in the last two days...very short with the kids' antics, but I've got teenagers 15 and 18 so that is probably par for the course there! LOL Seems I'm bickering with everyone lately! On one hand, I'm just not holding anything back and saying what's on my mind (which I believe to be 110% valid and correct, of course! LOL), but my mouth has now lost what little bit of "filter" it had.

I need one of those t-shirts that say "Total bitch, and PROUD OF IT!"

stupidpeople.jpg

This has been fun reading the boards today. At least I know I am in the company of many other people in the same shape as I am.

I too have been a royal biatch lately. I won't take crap from anyone.

I think I have my daugher and son in law mad at me today, but I really don't care at all. They will change fast when they need a favor from me.

I think we should have another day tommorow to let it all out and get it off the chest.

It will cleanse us all before the weekend so we can enjoy ourselves.

Complain all you want. I would be honored to listen to you all.:angry

Sooo happy to hear I'm not the only one. I was starting to get guilty!

I'm happy I'm finally standing up for myself. So this is what "normal" people are like!! They're not afraid to tell someone off because of being afraid of being called fat anymore, woot!

I imagine this is going to be a pendulum of emotions. I'm sure we'll be swinging wildly from one extreme to another for a little bit, and settling somewhere in the middle. I'm just really happy that I was finally able to get this stuf off my chest by telling certain people off, and that I've eliminated the bad people in my life so I can start building healtheir relationships soon!

I love you all so much!! You are just too awesome!!

Tonight I went to eat with my skinny friend, one of the ones who likes to pose as the 'food police' for me, which is extra annoying because she is a medical student as well. Well, so we go to our fave Italian place, Carrabbas. On the way there she asks me what I will be ordering because she knows that I shouldn't eat lettuce (it doesn't like my band) and that I should eat the yummy bread and that I shouldn't eat the pasta... I just shut down and threatened to turn the car around and go home!! I told her that I;m all grown up, and even if I wasn't that I already had a mommy and didn't need her telling me what the heck to do and say and eat! She was like, Oh, I forgot that the 'food police' thing makes you mad. I was like 'NO SH(oo)t!!" Haha. We finally agreed to let me make my own choices.

And I have to say that I ordered grilled chicken breasts with mushrooms and stuff on top, along with mashed potatoes... and I chose Soup instead of salad. And I DID eat 1 iny slice of yummy bread, dipping it in the yummy olive oil with spices. It went down fine, but it took me maybe 10 minutes to just eat that. I only ate about 1/4 the soup (which was delicious!) and took 6 tiny bites chicken and 2 bites potatoes... I have a HUGE amount of leftovers!!!

Anyway. You all are awesome and i love the level of honesty and support we all get/give here. THIS board is just as much of a tool for me as my BAND is!!!

Someone please tell me how you put the images in your posts. Is it possible without having to load it on a website like webshots first?

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by o2bthin viewpost.gif

Someone please tell me how you put the images in your posts. Is it possible without having to load it on a website like webshots first?

Thanks.

Yep! Just right click on the image and hit "copy". Then go to your message and right click, hit "paste" when the cursor is where you want the pic. (You probably would have known what to do if I'd said copy and paste, but thought I'd give the info just in case...you never know!)

Ashley, welcome. This week when I had my second fill I asked the NP why some docs give tiny fills, and some folks banded in June with me have had 3-4 fills and I am only on my second 3 months later. She said it is all a different philosophy, but not wrong. My NP is more agressive, almost 5 on the first fill. So, good luck!

Suzzzie good luck with your roomate. Maybe after all the posts over the past two days, you will have no tolerance either and boot him out before you get to angry! I would not tell him either. Your WL is great! I wish I was at the point of 3 bites of anything! I do get full and stop eating, and can't eat as much as I use to , however it is more than 3 bites.

waters:girl_hug: :clap2: You made me laugh and want to give you a hug! I understand how you want to give your family a wake up call too! I really don't want people to tell me what to eat. My dh said one time, " Isn't that to much food on your plate!" Well that was the last of that!!

bcrazy I think that is what happens to some after their fill. You don't get a reaction at first. How are you doing today? If you can't drink after a couple of days I would call your doc. if you can't even drink then that can be dangerous. I wish I had some reaction after my second fill on Tuesday, but only feel a little tightness.

stef great clip again!!! you keep us all laughing. Love your secret thoughts too!!

pippz you are doing GREAT with your weight loss!! Do you think this is why your doc does not want to fill you agian? how much do you have?

Hello to all you other Junesters!! Keep reading and talking..

I have been one of those people who have just been reading for a while and not posting. I love that everyone is venting here. It makes me feel good. I think I have the band blues. I have lost 30 pounds and really do not look like it. Even my mother asked did you lose any weight yet. I am starting exercising more this week and I hope that is going to help. My crazy work schedule is not helping with eating though. Three nights a week I work until 8 and cannot eat until I get home after that. I am guessing that if I am eating that late and sleeping on it, it doesn't help with the weight loss.

Hi Joeygirl. I like your story,I'll stick to it to. LOL Yep age is a wonderfull thing...NOT. I think the rules should change and it should be easier after 50 afterall we paid our dues. dieting on and off for 40 years should be worth something. Here's hoping for restriction.

Good Luck, Sheila

Debating today whether I should go for my 4th fill tomorrow. I probably will. It's a personal thing I guess. I am looking at my stats and have lost 10 pounds this month, but I also feel I can eat too much, and am hungry most of the time, unless something like chicken or eggs is stuck.

Danbo, I'm going to try your diet, which I printed out when you posted it a while back. I'm in awe of you!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. We're back in the throes of school activities and sports and I'll be traveling out of town all day tomorrow for my fill.

Peace out!

I did a daring thing today. Hubby and I went shopping for new luggage for our upcoming vacation. Next to the luggage store was a formal shop. We decided to take a look since I will be needing two formals for Vegas. Well I tried two on, and I bought two! The daring part was the extra-large fit well, so I bought larges. Now I HAVE to work hard to get a little more "pudge" off or these dresses will not work for vacation!

It was so much fun, though! One of the dresses I bought is a dark red, almost metalic, halter dress...low cut and va-va-va-VOOM! I opened the door to the dressing room and hubbys jaw hit the floor! I LOVE IT! He immediately told the sales girl, "WE ARE GETTING THAT ONE!"

Losing weight is gut-wrenching...literally and figuratively...but it's also so much fun! Now I just have to get used to the idea of "going commando" with these dresses! There is no way I could wear them with anything underneath...everything would show! (panty lines and such) What do ladies do about that? I'm such a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl and just don't know!