Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

I got my second fill today and am having trouble keeping anything down. This is actually the first time I've really felt any restriction so I need some help-- Is this normal? Will I be better tomorrow? I don't want to have any taken out if it will get looser in a day but I also need to be albe to keep down fluids. What do you guys think.

Wow...how can you lose your fill? Where does it go? And what is omnipac? I'm calling in the morning to schedule a third fill, so this omnipac thing might be something I should know about!

Stef- I don't know what happened to the saline. I think it is absorbed. The omnipac is a thicker/stickier solution from what I can tell. I am having much better restriction now. I was getting worried that I had a leak when the saline didn't stay! I was cash pay and I really can't afford to go in and fix a problem!

I feel so terrible for those of you who are still in bandster hell. It will be come to an end soon...keep the faith!

I don't have a goal weight, I have a goal size. I want to be a size 14. I haven't been a size 14 since middle school!!! I was in a 26/28 AND THEY WERE TIGHT, now I'm in a 20/22 or 18/20 depending on what it is. Once I hit size 14 I want to stay there for a long time, if not forever. I need to give myself time to adjust to the notice I've been getting from guys... That really freaks me out for some reason! Plus I have all these adorable size 14 clothes that I want to wear for at least a year! I figure I'll be about 200 lbs when that happens, so about 65 more to go!

I think its awesome that some of you are shooting for awesomely low and healthy weights. Is anyone else nervous at the idea of being thin?? I've NEVER been thin in my life (although I've lost 50-80lbs 3 times now). I wouldn't even know what to do with myself!

That's a great goal! I bet you will find you will weigh much less than 200 at a size 14 though, so GO PIPPZ! You are the champ here!

I got my second fill today and am having trouble keeping anything down. This is actually the first time I've really felt any restriction so I need some help-- Is this normal? Will I be better tomorrow? I don't want to have any taken out if it will get looser in a day but I also need to be albe to keep down fluids. What do you guys think.

I had a real hard time with my second fill, too, but I was fine with fluids and Soup and the like. It let up in about a week and I've kept the restriction pretty well until the last few days. My third fill is Thursday and I'm nervous I will be in that boat with you!

Stef- I don't know what happened to the saline. I think it is absorbed. The omnipac is a thicker/stickier solution from what I can tell. I am having much better restriction now. I was getting worried that I had a leak when the saline didn't stay! I was cash pay and I really can't afford to go in and fix a problem!

Glad your restriction is hanging in there. I feel your pain on not being able to afford going in to fix stuff. Hubby changed companies the week after surgery and the new insurance has an exclusion for Lap Band, so I don't know if they would pay under pre-existing or just DENY. I don't want to find out.

Hey guys, I had my first fill on July 18th and have not had any restriction.

I go for my next fill on August 21st so I'm hoping for some restriction this time.

I have not lost any weight but I haven't gained any either.

I wish there was someone close to me that I could work out with or something so that I wouldn't feel so alone in this.

I don't get to work out much because this is my busiest time at work and I just be sooooo tired in the evening and dang it's hot here.

I made sure that I put a cardio kickboxing class on my school schedule for the fall. I figured if I'm getting graded on it I'm more likely to do it.

Well.....later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reeburgdon viewpost.gif

I go for my next fill on August 21st so I'm hoping for some restriction this time.

I wish there was someone close to me that I could work out with or something so that I wouldn't feel so alone in this.

I don't get to work out much because this is my busiest time at work and I just be sooooo tired in the evening and dang it's hot here.

I made sure that I put a cardio kickboxing class on my school schedule for the fall. I figured if I'm getting graded on it I'm more likely to do it.

Well.....later.

I wish there was someone by me to work out with, too! Sometimes my Mom goes with me, but she is a pitifull wimp...I don't even know why she goes. She mostly just sits on a machine and watches me! LOL She does go bike riding with me and hangs in real good, but it is seldom that she will make time for it.

It's a shame you are so close, yet just far enough to make it inconvenient to get together often!

Arlington, TX

OH! I saw Carrolton, and thought that is where you lived. Do you enjoy riding bikes? I ride at River Legacy in Arlington (because it's gorgeous and has lots of shade!). Are you familiar with it? I usually go through the entrance on Green Oaks, rather than the one on 157, because that is the apex for the trails.

Ok, sad but true statement...I have never rode a bike in my life. Not even as a kid.

My doctor is in Carrollton, he was referred by a co-worker and he is wonderful. The doctor in Arlington did not accept our insurance.

I think that park may be where or at least close to where my son played soccer last year.

Quote:

Ok, sad but true statement...I have never rode a bike in my life. Not even as a kid.

My doctor is in Carrollton, he was referred by a co-worker and he is wonderful. The doctor in Arlington did not accept our insurance.

I think that park may be where or at least close to where my son played soccer last year.

Well, if you ever want to learn, I'll teach you! It's up to you. I also work out at the Recreation Center on Pipeline Road in Hurst. Non-residents can join, also and it is VERY reasonable as compared to 24 Hour Fitness or the YMCA or the like.

Fee Information:

Hurst Residents:

Ages 6-15

$10 per year or $1 per visit*

Ages 16-64

$25 per year or $1 per visit*

Ages 65/up

Family

$65 per year*

Non-Residents:

Ages 6-15

$40 per year or $5 per visit

Ages 16-64

$100 per year or $5 per visit

Ages 65/up

*Hurst Residents must show proof of residency.

Reeburgdon: I completely understand! I haven't posted in a while...I've been down. I am almost maintaining my weight...gaining losing same pounds right now and not getting anywhere. I go in for 2nd fill this Friday and am also hoping it helps with getting some restriction.

I've also started a Zumba class...I love it. Only one day a week right now, but next sign-up I'll do two.

I am seeing inches going away though...at least in the mirror. I need to take some measurements. And my clothes are looser.

Hang in there...you're not alone.

Quote:

Well, if you ever want to learn, I'll teach you! It's up to you. I also work out at the Recreation Center on Pipeline Road in Hurst. Non-residents can join, also and it is VERY reasonable as compared to 24 Hour Fitness or the YMCA or the like.

Fee Information:

Hurst Residents:

Ages 6-15

Ages 16-64

$25 per year or $1 per visit*

Ages 65/up

Family

$65 per year*

Non-Residents:

Ages 6-15

Ages 16-64

$100 per year or $5 per visit

Ages 65/up

*Hurst Residents must show proof of residency.

that is very reasonable, i'll have to definitely look into that

Reeburgdon: I completely understand! I haven't posted in a while...I've been down. I am almost maintaining my weight...gaining losing same pounds right now and not getting anywhere. I go in for 2nd fill this Friday and am also hoping it helps with getting some restriction.

I've also started a Zumba class...I love it. Only one day a week right now, but next sign-up I'll do two.

I am seeing inches going away though...at least in the mirror. I need to take some measurements. And my clothes are looser.

Hang in there...you're not alone.

What's Zumba?

What's Zumba?

It's a dance-exercise class, using Latin dances like samba, merengue, even bellydancing etc.

https://www.zumba.com/index.cfm

I was scared I wouldn't be able to keep up, never done those dances...but I love it! There are some moves that are difficult for me but I do my own version of that step and keep going.

So, part of my overall goal right now, or immediate goal, is to get a DVD of it and do it at home 2-3 days a week to supplement until I can afford to go to the Tuesday session as well.