Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

What exactly is a fill and when does it take place? Can someone tell me anything please. I am thinking of doing it and am going to a seminar Aug. 30, 2007. Really curious...

Note the time here...can't sleep!

Rhonda....I am up every night in the middle of the night if I don't take my Lunesta, and sometimes even when I do! Pre-band I would have a snack! Oh the horror of being a night-eater! I'm glad that's behind me!!!! I love to get on the PC and look at posts in the wee-hours, and sometimes I do post then, too! Cheers.

I love your new avatar pic. I think I can see your dimple!!!! Cute!

----Toni

o2bthin - Thank you about the baby! That is my neice, Miss Emma. She is the light of my life...so adorable and full of personality!

Miss Emma will be one lucky little girl if she gets her Auntie's hair gene....you've got a GREAT head of hair, Stefanie!!!!! :)

What exactly is a fill and when does it take place? Can someone tell me anything please. I am thinking of doing it and am going to a seminar Aug. 30, 2007. Really curious...

Hi Christine....I'll bite!

A fill is when you get saline added to your band about 4-8 weeks after your surgery to "tighten up" your band and add restriction between your stoma and stomach. In essence, your band is getting "filled". You'll learn a lot at your seminar, and have your questions answered, but let us know if we can help in the meantime. The 30th seems so far away, doesn't it!?!?

Hope that helps,

Toni

Well I had my first fill yesterday, 1cc in a 4cc. It didn't hurt, but I could sure feel the "whoosh" of saline going around in there, kind of a weird feeling. I had some Soup after, and today I have had a shake and some cottage cheese all with no problems, I can't wait to eat a real meal to see if anything has changed. I am a little nervous though, I took my Vitamins with no problem this morning, and some are quite big, I was expecting some slowness going down, but had none. I hope that doesn't mean I won't have some restriction. I won't get my next fill for 5 weeks, sigh... Does anyone else take big vitamins such as vit E, or flax/fish oil after they are fully filled?

I think I can see your dimple!!!! Cute!

Yep, those be my dimples! They are starting to come back out now that my face is thinning. I've got freckles too now that it's summer.

I take 1/2 sleep aid at night, and read for a while...then I get restless....my mind won't shut off.....and the kids are up scurrying around (teens stay up til wee hours and sleep in all day if you let them) doesn't help so I get on the puter and coax them to bed. If I get into an especially slow Pogo Spades game, I get sleepy fast!

I think I'm just psyched about the fill because it seems to be working...I'm down 4 pounds this week! WOW! I was stuck at 252 since surgery.

Miss Emma will be one lucky little girl if she gets her Auntie's hair gene....you've got a GREAT head of hair, Stefanie!!!!! :)

You're sweet! Thank you very much! It's finally getting long again. I cut it super-short for a trial two years ago. MISTAKE! Even when I'm thin, I have these cheeks...runs in the family, as you see in little Emma! Short hair on me was BAD BAD BAD! LOL

I had my port repositioning procedure today and it went well. I thought it would be done locally, but I was under.:notagree It took approximately 20 minutes. I only have pain in the incision. The doctor went back through the same scar. I am on Clear Liquids for 3 days and back to solid foods. Got a small fill also!!

Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers!!!

BB.....been thinking of you today and so glad you reported to us!!! What a relief, eh? :clap2: :) :clap2: I'm thankful that you are OK and the procedure was so short. Plus you got a fill, too! What a bonus!

Hugs,

Toni

Well, I ate 3 tacos for supper tonight, so I guess I have no restriction after my fill yesterday:( And I have to wait 5 weeks for my 2nd:( I had such high hopes...:)

Well, I ate 3 tacos for supper tonight, so I guess I have no restriction after my fill yesterday:( And I have to wait 5 weeks for my 2nd:( I had such high hopes...:)

Is it Taco Day? LOL

I must be doing better with my fill, because I had tacos for dinner, too. I had two of them, and they were GOOD! I made them with ground turkey...they were better than beef! I still have to go very slow, but I was able to eat them! HOORAY!

Bigbaby - I'm glad it all went well for you. Hang in there. Did they do your procedure in the hospital or the office? Did your insurance cover it?

I just got back from the doctor and found out that my post flipped, it wasn't just tilted like the nurse thought. My doctor says I have to have surgery to correct it. I am feeling very down right now. I didn't want problems so soon, or even at all. To top it off I was vomiting for about 10 straight hours on this week and am scared that my band slipped. I asked the doctor about that too and he just kind of strugged and said it should be okay. I might ask for an upper gi before I get the port fixed just to ease my mind.

BigBaby - I am so glad it went well! You are now back on the road.

Well I had to give in and have a slight unfill. Everything I ate and drank hurt. Good news - I had lost 6 lbs since Monday, but I really needed to eat a little more. He had put 3 ccs in on Monday, giving me a total of 7ccs in my 10cc band. I called the nurse today, she said if you can come now I will take some out. It was after hours, but she stayed around for me! She took me to the fluro room, so I finally got to see my band and I got to watch her access the port. All went well and it was painless, we decided to take out 1cc. The Water didn't hurt, so I knew it was better. We went out to dinner and I was able to eat without pain - unfortunately I could eat more than I should have. I was so hungry though after barely eating for 3 1/2 days! I am scheduled again for the 15th, so I may need a little back in.

Where are FaithMD and Nina? I haven't seen them post in awhile.

Have a good night - GET SOME sleep :-)