Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

it is interesting to see all the different ways of thinking....i would love to think that being conservative will help in the long run. but,

what i am concerned about is that i go onto the "regular" diet in two weeks. that is 6 weeks of trying to eat as if i have restriction, but not having any. i am worried i will gain all that i have lost and more.

i am trying to think positively but i am definitely worried.

I was banded June 6th 07, :whoo: Dr. Featherstone Traverse City Michigan perfformed the surgury. I am going in for my first fill on the 17th and scared, the Doc. said that's normal. I have stoped drinking Coke (I drank nothing but pop and not diet.) :P I'm loosing weight now just because of that, not because I have been watching what I eat even though I already can't eat as much as i did before. God be with all of us and god bless you.:angel:

Well, I went for my one month post-op appt today and am down another 4 lbs...............I expected more of a weight loss, but I guess I have to be positive. I am down now 23 lbs since pre-op appt. And as the doc said, he does only expect a 4lb weight loss a month, and I already lost 23 lbs in a month. It kills me b/c for the stuff I have been eating, I thought I'd drop a lot more, but 4 lbs is 4 lbs! So, now I am on regular food again............had one piece of BBQ grilled chicken (tenderloin) and 2 pierogies for dinner. I was full and it satisfied me. I have to learn to not fill my plate with food like I do w/the kids.................what a lifestyle change!

Doc did not schedule fill. He will not fill until u r done with solids for a month. So he said if I do not lose 4 lbs by 8/10 then to call him and he will giveme a fill.................so we will see!!!

Hello all,

It's been a while since I've logged on. I've just been sitting back and reading everyone's posts. Seems like most everyone is doing very well. YEAH!!!

Question - is anyone else really nervous about starting back on regular foods. My doc has such a strict food guideline that it's got me very nervous. I've basically been on a clear liquid diet for the past 6 weeks, with 2 Protein Shakes a day. Now I'm starting on pureed. I thought that I would jump for joy when I could have something else but the funny thing is that I've basically still been following the clear liquid diet. I've only added a can of Soup or chilli pureed. I'll have some for lunch then the rest for dinner. I'm a little afraid to start trying too much in case I go "crazy". The other part is that I'm big on texture so there really isn't that much that I can puree. Any thoughts, ideas on that?

Well, with the help of Rob Zombie :rockon: I have just completed an ample amount of time on the dreaded treadmill. :first:

Now for the fun part... Back in the day, way back, before excess adipose found its way to my bones, I used to model. Well tonight, while on said treadmill, Rob started to belt out my favorite tune "Foxy, Foxy." Before I knew what hit me, I broke into runway stride... I would say I was in said stride for about 5 seconds before I strode myself right off the back of the treadmill.. :censored: It was not one of my finer moments, but it was my first time to fall off the runway! :)

Don't hate me cause I'm cooler than you. :P

LMAO Heather! I'm thinking the song "I'm Too Sexy For My Shirt" might work for ya too!

:funnypost:Heather - leave it to you to provide such comedy releif! Haha.

I was at the gym tonight and decided to try out this new machine - Uh,... my dumb self to NOT be able to figure it out! :noidea: It was kinda like an elliptical / stepper machine. I think the idea is to give you more of a jog / run motion. Well, I couldn't get it to move at all! It wouldn't turn on... nothing. :help: Ugh! THAT is why I go to the gym at 10pm... NO ONE else is there to see me and my retardedness.:P Oh well, at least I'm back in the gym! 3 nights in a row now!! :)

Hey dawneb and cbm818 I know whatcha talkin about. I hope this is the hardest part waiting for the surgery to settle down and to get a fill because I want to eat a horse and I can but my fill is 3 weeks away. I am so worried I will gain weight, my Mum said "don't be silly, how could you go through all this and not stick to the plan" hmmmm let me count the ways!!!! I don't think you should worry about going onto real food, sounds like your torture has been way long enough and eating real food you will be less hungry anyway. pureed refried Beans are a personal fav:heh:

To all those exercising, I salute you.:hail: My pain can no longer excuse me and I think it starts tomorrow. I WISH I could like exercising but I just don't. Not even when I have stuck to it for months at a time. Maybe this time will be different.........

my Mum said "don't be silly, how could you go through all this and not stick to the plan" hmmmm let me count the ways!!!!

Hee. We do go into this with the best of intentions. For about a week I've been watching my portions and eating healthily and bam I bought some chocolate. The funny thing is, I didn't even want it. I just bought it because it was on special. It's so ridiculously illogical. I'm not exercising either (except on weekends). You guys are so good. I'm full of excuses too such as the fact that I don't get home until after dark. Sigh! I have an appointment with my physio/exercise consultant next week. Perhaps he/she will motivate me. I don't really care because I'm still losing but I know I should be doing it for my general health and well-being.

Heather: I could tell from your photo that you were hot. Strut that stuff.

QuadMom: It's so frustrating to work hard for no reward. You shouldn't have to diet. Just eat normal food in small portions. I've had to buy small containers and bowls to remind me how much (little) to have. I seem to have restriction (or at least I believe I do), which makes it easier. Plus I live alone so I'm not surrounded by food. Must be tough but you're doing great.

Dawn: I know exactly where you're coming from. I stayed on mushies and extra two days out of fear/convenience. I just don't want anything to happen to my band so I'm sticking to the instructions to the letter (well, except for chocolate on a couple of occasions). However, it is a necessary transition. My dietician told me to constantly have liquid/puree is a mistake because you won't acquire the skills to eat a wide variety of food. Go to the mushies and then to the solids as you are 'ordered'. Mushies was great for me. So many new tastes. I freaked out when I finally ate a cracker the other day. I was sure something bad would happen but nothing did.

CBM: I haven't put on any weight so far and I'd hardly consider myself the bandster poster child. Even if you did happen to put on a bit, don't beat yourself up. Once you are properly filled, the weight will come off and stay off. I'm sure of it.

CptnDan: We did all notice your weight loss. I'm sure you could have got to goal in short measure but you're right, it's the keeping it off which is the important bit. Your weight loss probably will slow as you increase calories but it will be a natural response. Then your body will get back into gear again and get the rest off. Then you're going to be trim captain for the rest of your life. By the way, did you know there was a 'man' section on this board. I saw a thread for it before. Not that you can stop posting here mind.

Howdy to Toni, Holli and Janine and Faith and everyone else.

Hope the liquid/mushies guys are doing OK. Not long to go now.

Dan thanks for the hint on the wasabi purchase. I love hot food, and I will look for it. Your weight loss is awesome!!You are inspiration to all.

quadmom GREAT weight loss too, 4 lbs is GREAT!! I finally moved the needle on the scale, lost 2lbs. Probably all the sweat I poured out preparing for my son's outside reception. Thank god it was not today or yesterday, 100 in VA, feels like 130!

heather you are so funny!! I had to laugh, this makes exercise a go.

o2bthin just take it slow on the diet. You will do fine. When I went to mushies, I found it to be hard to get in all the food groups and portien sizes. I was told to focus on Protein and if i could get a few other things in great. I am on all food now, and it is hard with out a fill, because I can eat stuff I probably shouldn't. I have been trying to keep on a good program. I plan to grab a Lean Quisine today.

I finally got my fill appointment for July 31! It is far away, but at least it is on the schedule. I received the letter last week and did nto know it because I was busy..

Have a great day.

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie. I had Lapband surgery on June 28, 2007 and I can't wait to continue my Lapband journey. I was on Clear Liquids from June 21st until today I start Full liquids. I feel like I have traveled up hill and going down should the hill should be alot easier. Look forward to chatting and sharing good and bad news with all my fellow Band Buddies. I know you cannot tell by my log in but I am a female, age 48, BMI over 50.

Good Morning Bandsters!

April....I have lived in Houston for 15 years, but before here, I lived in Traverse City, and I'm from Saugatuck, Michigan! Good to meet you!!!!!

Hotty, I KNEW I loved you! I'm a HUGE Rob Zombie fan! It always surprises people that I'm a closet metal head!!!!! Your post had me in stitches. Way to rock on the treadmill! Maybe that's my motivation problem: I watch TV on the tread, and I should switch to tunes?!?

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Insub, Java, BB, Nina, Serena, Pippz, Danielle and the rest! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I want to hug you all, but my arms aren't long enough!

Where's our men???? TMC, etc??????

WTG on the HUGE weight loss Quad Mom.....you'll be running circles around those babies for sure!!!!

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie. I had Lapband surgery on June 28, 2007 and I can't wait to continue my Lapband journey. I was on clear liquids from June 21st until today I start Full liquids. I feel like I have traveled up hill and going down should the hill should be alot easier. Look forward to chatting and sharing good and bad news with all my fellow Band Buddies. I know you cannot tell by my log in but I am a female, age 48, BMI over 50.

Welcome to the loser's bench, Vance!

To all those exercising, I salute you.:hail: My pain can no longer excuse me and I think it starts tomorrow. I WISH I could like exercising but I just don't. Not even when I have stuck to it for months at a time. Maybe this time will be different.........

Someone LIKES exercising? WHO? Haha.

What I do is wait until about 9 or 10pm. I get off of work at 4pm, home by 4:30. :couch2:I have all evening to lay around my house and make up excuses (I'm tired, I've had a long day, etc...:decision:) But in the end, I make myself get up and go. Also, that late at night there is usually only 1-3 other people there. I have my choice of machines and if I'm the only one there I will blast the stereo system. :) :rockon::P