Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Where do you get the matrix 5.0? How many grams of Protein in it? So Holli- what did your doc say when you asked HOW to get in 132grs? I am having a hard time finding things to eat, I end up falling back on sugary/junk stuff because it is generally soft and goes down easy. I'm so frusterated!!

Quote:

It is so amazing how different doctors are in their post op diet plans, and I'm I must admit I'm very perplexed at going to solids at two weeks post banding (but if it's your surgeon's instructions, the that's what it is), so I had to go see if Allergan says anything about it at all. Here's what the Allergan (LapBand) site says:

Post-Surgery Nutrition

faithmd -

What is the Allergan (lapband) website. I would love to only have 2 weeks liquid. My doctor says 4 weeks liquids.

Thanks!!!

Quote:

It is so amazing how different doctors are in their post op diet plans, and I'm I must admit I'm very perplexed at going to solids at two weeks post banding (but if it's your surgeon's instructions, the that's what it is), so I had to go see if Allergan says anything about it at all. Here's what the Allergan (LapBand) site says:

Post-Surgery Nutrition

faithmd -

What is the Allergan (lapband) website. I would love to only have 2 weeks liquid. My doctor says 4 weeks liquids.

Thanks!!!

simple, it's lapband.com

Then look in the after surgery section

okay - i was there, but i just couldn't find it. Guess I was looking in the wrong section.

Thanks!!!

faithmd -

Thanks!!!

WAIT!!!

It still is 3-4 weeks liquids on the Allergan site:

Post-Surgery Nutrition

In the first few weeks after your surgery, you will be on a liquid diet since only thin liquids will be tolerated by your stomach at that time. As you heal, you will gradually progress to pureed foods (three to four weeks post-op) and then soft foods (five weeks post-op). Finally, you will be able to eat solid foods.

I'm on Clear Liquids with Protein supplements (protein drinks) for the first two weeks, then full liquids (cream Soups, runny mashed potatoes with pureed cottage cheese, lentil and black bean soups, yogurt) until week 3, then pureed foods for two weeks, softs not until after four weeks.

Welcome Bandanna....

Is that a "former" or "future" picture of you on you aviatar? It's difficult to see, but it looks like a female bodybuilder...

Anyway....welcome!!!

lololol...no..it's a poster:

GY-00008-C~Girl-in-Bandana-Bathing-Suit-Posters.jpg

bcrazy7 You can find the sytrax matrix online. Not for sure what web site my hubby found it but just go to your search engine and type it in and then you just go to the diff sites listed till you find the cheapest! I didn't think to ask my Dr HOW to get in the 132 gr DUH I know I'm an air head but oh well. One thing I did get is the New Whey Liquid Protein. In 2.9 oz there is 25g protein!! I got the fruit punch flavor and they are pretty good. There is also another form of them that has 42g and my hubby ordered some of them for me last night! Sooooooo hopefully these will help! The web page for the liquid is :: Innovative Delivery Systems - Welcome to IDS Sports :: they are based out of FL. Hope this info helps ya!

WAIT!!!

It still is 3-4 weeks liquids on the Allergan site:

Post-Surgery Nutrition

In the first few weeks after your surgery, you will be on a liquid diet since only thin liquids will be tolerated by your stomach at that time. As you heal, you will gradually progress to pureed foods (three to four weeks post-op) and then soft foods (five weeks post-op). Finally, you will be able to eat solid foods.

I'm on clear liquids with Protein supplements (protein drinks) for the first two weeks, then full liquids (cream Soups, runny mashed potatoes with pureed cottage cheese, lentil and black bean soups, yogurt) until week 3, then pureed foods for two weeks, softs not until after four weeks.

Oh, I understand. According to my docs recommened plan, 2 weeks clear, 2 weeks full - i don't get pureed foods until the beginning of week 5. It really is just weird how many different post op diets there are. Our doctors have their beliefs though.

Hi Everyone....I want to be part of your club!!!! Can I? Can I?

I live in Omaha, NE am 55 yrs old and was banded June 20th here in Omaha by Dr. White.

When I figure out how to do the ticker thingy I'll add it too, until then I started out at a 39 BMI and have lost about 16 lbs since starting the 1 week of liquids pre-op.

I love reading all of your posts! Thank you!!!

:welcomeB: itsjustme!

Holliwagz, just a reminder about that 132 grams, the body can probably only process about 25 grams of Protein at a time, so the 42 gram shot would likely only net you around 25 grams of processed protein. Lots of folks do use those, but split them in half and have 1/2 with a glass of Water or crystal light and then a little later do the other half.

On SOY SHAKES, this is worth a mention... I am not an expert on this by any means. I had found some soy shakes I really liked a few years ago. In discussion with the owner of the health food store where I live, I learned that soy MAY/will suppress your thyroid. So, FWIW, you might want to look in to this if you have thyroid issues and are doing soy-based shakes.

Thanks for mentioning this, it is something that everyone should look into before they choose to consume soy on a regular basis.

In my case, whey Protein makes me nauseous and I can't tolerate it; I have more health concerns relating to whey than I do to soy. There certainly are a lot of concerns with soy products, but I think most of those concerns are raised by the dairy lobby because they don't want to lose potential whey customers. Asians have been consuming soy on a regular basis for ages and they seem fine.

Still, it is important for all of us to educate ourselves and make wise food choices based on knowledge and our own experiences.

Soy is not for everyone. But neither is whey.

(Aplogies if I sound overdefensive here, but I got into a rather heated discussion in a different thread over the issue of soy protein and I'm a little touchy about it ;))

It sure is fun to log on after a day or so and find the whole June band circus has been running full tilt! We have to be losing weight because our fingers are so active!! ;)

Thanks everyone for all your input, it's helping me get through this with some sanity left (I think).

ML

Morning june bandies, (it's not morning for you) I just dragged myself out of bed and I actually feel quite alot better. Day4 must be the magic number. I have alot of port pain, can't sleep on that side but every other pain seems to have loosened it's grip. Hey question, how much restriction do you all feel immediately post op?? I can drink a whole cup of Fluid, or eat half a cup of Soup without feeling anything. I haven't pushed it , I guess that's the point but I'm curious. My Doc and dietition havn't said one word about counting Protein grams or anything else, so interesting to read all your posts. Why so much emphasis on protein???? So glad you are all there Marga

WOW, it's been a very long time since I last posted. And lots has happened during that time.

Good changes on the thread. So much easier to move around in. And to find!

And I'm now in bandland! :whoo:I was banded on the 27th. I'm still not quite sure of these wierd tummy feelings. I had to stay on clear liquids an extra 24 hours due to swelling. Today I've added Protein Shakes and cream of Tomato Soup. However I have to remember to sip slowly or I get these ful/heavy diaphragm feelings. So far just belching, non-productive. I still have some pain but good ole tylenol w/codine does the body good. ;)

So I'm now on full liquids for the next 4 weeks. This includes Protein shakes and strained, creamed Soups.< /p>

It's good to see there are many more of use here.

It's also good to see everyone doing so well.

Signing off for now,

Marie