Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Thanks Marly and Janine. But I'm on the pre-op diet and I need to lose 5% of my weight or ELSE! I'm so upset today. I'm actually UP 4 more pounds. It MUST be the antibiotics. I can't think it would be anything else.

Dh and I are leaving today for Seattle. We'll spend the night so we can park the car (free) and then tomorrow our flight leaves for San Diego. Surgery Monday. Aaahhhhhh!!!!

I am back from the hospital after being banded yesterday. Everything went fine. Dr. Malley said it was a good thing I had done the pre-op diet, because my liver was still quite large and he almost didn't get my band on! Yikes! But he is a great surgeon! I did get the new AP 10cc band. He made sure the OR had one for me, because he knew I how much I wanted one.

Just a little sore and passing a lot of gas. Waking up from a general anesthesia is so weird. I woke up saying I was going to throw-up, so they started giving me Phenegren right away and had to dose me several times in the PACU, but after that I have not had any nausea. I couldn't have Toradol because of my drug allergies, so I didn't take any pain medicine until bed time. I walked or sat up in a chair all evening. I hurt worse laying down, so I needed the morphine to get to sleep.< /p>

I woke up this morning just fine. I had my swallow test and ate some of my clear liquid tray, took a shower and headed out. We went to Wal-mart to get me some more Clear Liquids and Soup for Monday. I am home now and starving! I had hoped I wouldn't be hungry for awhile, but no such luck. I keep slurping Jello a little bit at a time.

Hope everyone is doing well. ;)

hi, i was banded by dr ahmad on 6/4/07. had some issues post op but i am feeling much better today. that darn shoulder pain though. I was 240 on 6/4 and 228.5 this AM. still on full fluids and have no appetite, which is great for me. I am taking this weight loss before the fill as a bonus.

hi, i was banded by dr ahmad on 6/4/07. had some issues post op but i am feeling much better today. that darn shoulder pain though. I was 240 on 6/4 and 228.5 this AM. still on full fluids and have no appetite, which is great for me. I am taking this weight loss before the fill as a bonus.

Pacutpatty - Good for you! I was banded on 6/5 and my numbers look NOTHING like that! You are doing really well.

Missy - I am happy everything went well for you!

MusicalMomma - Yay! 8.5 lbs, lucky you. On the mushies, have found that there are some things that you can't tolerate? I am so ready for the mushies.

Insubordination - You are so right about the replying to posts. It is hard to keep up with everyone and read all of the posts. We are all together & in good company.

Austiesky - :clap2: I'm glad you are doing good!

Nina

I am back from the hospital after being banded yesterday. Everything went fine.

I woke up this morning just fine. I had my swallow test and ate some of my clear liquid tray, took a shower and headed out. We went to Wal-mart to get me some more clear liquids and Soup for Monday. I am home now and starving! I had hoped I wouldn't be hungry for awhile, but no such luck. I keep slurping Jello a little bit at a time.

Glad you had a good experience, Missy, and that your liver squeaked by!!!! I'm amazed that you're out tooling around. I just wanted to lay low the first few days. You go girl! :):clap2:;)

----Toni

Dh and I are leaving today for Seattle. We'll spend the night so we can park the car (free) and then tomorrow our flight leaves for San Diego. Surgery Monday. Aaahhhhhh!!!!

Rhonda....if you happen to see this---Best Wishes!!!! We're thinking of you! ;)

MintyFresh - I don't really understand what you are planning to do, have two June threads or sub titles with in the June bandsters? One the way it is now, and one monthly updates for those who don't read on a regular basis?

To all you MUSHIE STAGERS!!! I think I had my first blockage or stuck food! I know now what the feels like! I was eating dinner, I tiny piece of fish (1-2 oz) and a 1/4 cup of brown rice. I think I ate it to fast, but I was really trying not to and WHAM! I got up and walked around and around then bent over on my deck and some saliva out and thought I would barf, but didn't. the food passed!

I have some questions for those at the same stage as me. I am not sure how to get in all the food they are recommending if I am only to eat 3 meals a day. Or am I not to stick to the 3 meals during this stage? I am to have more than one serving of Protein, fruit, vegies, grains, fat and milk in one day. However if you are only eating 1/2 cup at a sitting, how do you do that? It is frustrating figuring it out, but at least I know now to SLOW DOWN OR DON'T EAT RICE!!!

To all you MUSHIE STAGERS!!! I think I had my first blockage or stuck food! I know now what the feels like! I was eating dinner, I tiny piece of fish (1-2 oz) and a 1/4 cup of brown rice. I think I ate it to fast, but I was really trying not to and WHAM! I got up and walked around and around then bent over on my deck and some saliva out and thought I would barf, but didn't. the food passed!

I have some questions for those at the same stage as me. I am not sure how to get in all the food they are recommending if I am only to eat 3 meals a day. Or am I not to stick to the 3 meals during this stage? I am to have more than one serving of Protein, fruit, vegies, grains, fat and milk in one day. However if you are only eating 1/2 cup at a sitting, how do you do that? It is frustrating figuring it out, but at least I know now to SLOW DOWN OR DON'T EAT RICE!!!

I have some questions for those at the same stage as me. I am not sure how to get in all the food they are recommending if I am only to eat 3 meals a day. Or am I not to stick to the 3 meals during this stage? I am to have more than one serving of Protein, fruit, vegies, grains, fat and milk in one day. However if you are only eating 1/2 cup at a sitting, how do you do that? It is frustrating figuring it out, but at least I know now to SLOW DOWN OR DON'T EAT RICE!!!:cry

SORRY FOR TAKING UP ALL OF PAGE 79 WITH MY TRIPLE POST, I HAD PROBLEMS WITH POSTING IT???? IT WAS STUCK. YOU CAN SEE I AM NOT A COMPUTER WIZ!

Hi Everyone,

I found this thread and liked the newness of the recent Bandsters. I have been looking into it for about a year and got the date today. I have to get a psych eval, an esophogram, labs, EKG and attend a day long seminar with a nutritionist and other misc folks. We have a monthly support meeting that is strongly advised, and I will go to, who knows, maybe even start my own to meet more often. I'm having to pay for this myself and am starting a savings to go exclusivly towards fills, counselling etc. This is serious business so have fun! (-: Hope all are doing well and look forward to getting to know you guys.

Lisa

=^..^=

I am back from the hospital after being banded yesterday. Everything went fine. Dr. Malley said it was a good thing I had done the pre-op diet, because my liver was still quite large and he almost didn't get my band on! Yikes! But he is a great surgeon! I did get the new AP 10cc band. He made sure the OR had one for me, because he knew I how much I wanted one.

Just a little sore and passing a lot of gas. Waking up from a general anesthesia is so weird. I woke up saying I was going to throw-up, so they started giving me Phenegren right away and had to dose me several times in the PACU, but after that I have not had any nausea. I couldn't have Toradol because of my drug allergies, so I didn't take any pain medicine until bed time. I walked or sat up in a chair all evening. I hurt worse laying down, so I needed the morphine to get to sleep.

I woke up this morning just fine. I had my swallow test and ate some of my clear liquid tray, took a shower and headed out. We went to Wal-mart to get me some more Clear liquids and Soup for Monday. I am home now and starving! I had hoped I wouldn't be hungry for awhile, but no such luck. I keep slurping Jello a little bit at a time.

I see some of you talking about the different kinds of bands, how did you know which kind you wanted? What is the difference?

I see some of you talking about how you wanted certain kinds of lapbands, how did you know what kind you wanted? How are they different? P.s. Sorry if this posted several times, it acted like it wasnt going through and so I pushed the button a couple times......