Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

hey pamla68 preop was for 2 days, after surgery 1 week. i will say that i cheated yesterday. graduation party just ate some baked chicken, was chewing it like no tomorrow felt fine. the guilt did bother me so i am back on popsicles.

you know I really believe its the individual's body. i was cringing at the thought of the gas problem. ooo but i did ask the nurse about it and she said the same thing another bandster said that they use gas to pump for the doctors to see inside. they try to take out as much gas as possible.

Just checking in. The scale ain't moving...I'm thinking it must be the antibiotics I'm on because for sure I'm starving!!!!!!!!!

I started on my Gas-X chewables.< /p>

Only 5 days to go. Yikes!!!!

Happy Birthday, Danielle!

Good to hear from everyone! Well...tomorow's the big day for me. I have to be at the center at 11am...surgery at noon. Today I'm doing my clear liquids....So far I 've had some Water w/protein powder, orange single serve Jello and some Decaf Chai vanilla Tea. I'm getting ready to go have some broth and a popsicle and maybe some green jello for lunch.< /p>

I had mine done Tuesday. All went well. Today I start cream Soups & creamy stuff stage (I was told if I can make a happy face in it, then it's too thick LOL).

I haven't really felt hungry -- I didn't even get all the bouillon down yesterday -- just a few sips here and there.

I'm sipping on tea now and made a Protein Shake that I'll sip on for the afternoon.

I hope I keep on not feeling hungry -- that way it's no big deal to take in just a little bit.

Good luck to those getting ready to be banded!!

You have lost 38 pounds since June 1st? Wow, I am excited and so impressed! I get banded June 30th in Mexico. Lets keep this June group going strong and have a big party somewhere next June!

Julie

Hi all! Still lurking and reading! Hope all is well for all. I'm down 10 lbs! How exciting! I've moved to Pureed-Mushies! I thought I had a bite of heaven today when I had Beans from Taco Bueno with hot sauce! (Don't try Taco Bell.....I took one bite....stirred.....and threw them away! But Taco Buenos are very smooth and very good!

Okay this is pitiful.....I'm excited about refried beans!!!! LOL!

My stats: Banded on June 1st. In mushy stage now. Lost 28 pounds according to my scale!

BCRAZY7 - I stayed overnight. It was my first surgery ever and I was all nervous about the anesthia so I was happy they let me stay. It was my understanding from my doctor that he preferred everyone stay overnight but if you were self-pay (which luckily for me my insurance paid) then he schedule you early in the morning and let you go home that night.

Danielle - Happy Birthday! and what a great birthday present to give to yourself

Rita - so sorry about the Hernia but don't give up. I had a hernia too that I didn't know about but luckily for me the doctor was able to fix it during the lapband surgery.

Renee - I can relate about the IV thing. They blew veins in both my hands before they put it in my one arm. Then that night (actually 4am the next morning) the nurses needed to take blood and which they tried to take out of my hands! They actually tried twice in each hand, once in my non-IV arm, and finally got it in my mid-arm (never scene that before). Tommorrow is 2 weeks since my surgery and you can still see some bruising on both my hands.

For those of you on 14 day pre-op liquids only - god bless you! Luckily I was able to eat a sandwich and some vegies along with my Protein Shake (slimfast) on my pre-op. The week after my surgery was all liquids and that was hard cuz my tastebuds changed and I could no longer even stomach the smell of Slimfast, so I switched myself to just drinking plain milk 4 to 5 times a day.

I've been on mushy foods since Sat. Last night I pushed it a bit and ate 2 oz of roasted chicken and 1/4 cup broccoli rice cassarole, without puree-ing either. I ate very slowly and it took me an hour to eat, but then afterwards I felt like I had pressure in my chest. I'm not sure if the pressure is the feeling is my body telling me that I ate too much and my upper stomach is full, or if the pressure was unrelated. The pressure stuck around all night and I had a hard time sleeping on my side. This morning for Breakfast I only had milk, I ate my regular refried Beans and cheese for lunch and now I am feeling fine again. I've lost about 1.5 pounds since starting mushy foods 6 days ago.

Next Tues I go for my first post-op visit to my doctor. I will get from him my weight/BMI from last pre-op visit and then I will set up (try to set up) a ticker.

Good luck to those of you getting banded in the next couple days!!!!

Twinkletoe - Haven't heard from you lately! Are you still out there? By now you I think you should have gone through your pre-op tests and started your pre-op diet. I hope everything is going well for you!

Ange

Yes mum decided to get the op because I was... but she decided before I'd been done so it wasn't results based! The reason I decided to do it was because she has yo-yo dieted for all her life and I was following the same patterns and just couldn't bear a life of the same.

We do really motivate each other though... it is harder for mum to lose weight because she is older but she is so dedicated and a strict rule follower so she keeps me on the straight and narrow... I love to excercise so I help to motivate her on that front, she has just joined a gym!

We have told no one about the op so it is great to be able to rely on each other and still keep our little secret... for this reason we don't go to the ChCh coffee group but maybe you, mum and myself could meet for a coffee before your surgery if you want to chat?

Take care and good luck :-)

Hi all! Still lurking and reading! Hope all is well for all. I'm down 10 lbs! How exciting! I've moved to Pureed-Mushies! I thought I had a bite of heaven today when I had Beans from Taco Bueno with hot sauce! (Don't try Taco Bell.....I took one bite....stirred.....and threw them away! But Taco Buenos are very smooth and very good!

Okay this is pitiful.....I'm excited about refried beans!!!! LOL!

Simply....I would be your dumpster diver! I love Taco Bell's Pintos and cheese. But then again, I can eat a crunchy taco with them. Nothing is "bothering" my band right now except heavy breads like Bagels.< /p>

Here's to the beans!

Toni

You have lost 38 pounds since June 1st? Wow, I am excited and so impressed! I get banded June 30th in Mexico. Lets keep this June group going strong and have a big party somewhere next June!

Julie

I'm not sure if you meant this question for me or not...but no, I've lost 38.5 since my consultation in January.

Ange, almost forgot again...

Mum and I are both self pay, we also had to increase our mortgage by $15k which is a little scary but a great motivator!! Mum and Dad are a little luckier on the financial side but I'm sure that there bank balance also let out a wee gasp in horror!!

Its great to have something to look forward too, especially something as exciting as a wedding, I'm sure you'll look fab by then :-). My birthday is in November and I want to have reached my second (and maybe final) goal by then which is 69kg.

Just make sure you are prepared for what may happen post-op with regards restriction and hunger... I am 2 weeks post op and kind of hungry with little restriction but I am still losing weight because I refuse to stand still or go up before my first fill. I am following the rules but limiting my portion size, counting calories (less than 800 calories per day) and walking as often as possible. I lost 12.5kgs before the op using willpower and hope to keep this up now that the honeymoon period post surgery has worn off. I know that every says to relax, that this time is for healing and not weight loss but I can't accept that... why can't we do both! I just keep telling myself that this is the last time I have to diet like this and it's kind of empowering... forewarned is forearmed :-)

Sterbear... you go girl!!! We can do this, like you said, Willpower, willpower, willpower :-)