Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

omg, good luck to you!!

i have to be at the hospital @ 930am. Surgery is set for 11am...........I can't believe I am doing this still..................

Best wishes to all our to-be-banded tomorrow: rcorn60035, <O:p</O:pJackieP12, <O:p</O:pFinallythin@ 34, MkUSmile78, and quadmom!!! Please post when you are feeling up to it and let us know about your experience. I'll be thinking about you!

---Toni

Ja9Va- I use the GNC whey Protein unflavored. It has zero taste but I swear there is a odor. Not too bad though. It turns broth into a nonclear and foamy liquid when it is mixed with the Bullet. I am still in the liquid stage and am having trouble getting the protein into my food (if you can call Jello and broth food!) Mixing the powder into full liquid will be much easier to swallow. I hope that stage is starting Tuesday after I see the doctor to have my staples removed.

Hi everyone. I decided to go out with my friends today for a little fun (and distraction) before surgery. We went to NYC for the day and walked at least 6 miles (ugh I'm in so much pain). Also I couldn't eat much while we were out (my surgery is tuesday - I'm on clear liquids). I feel like CRAP. I had fun but I don't know why I did this to myself today! My head is POUNDING. I hope it gets better.

Okay, sorry. That's my whine of the day. Can't wait until I detox 100% from caffeine, fat, carbs, etc so I don't feel like this anymore!!!

good luck to everyone tomorrow! You will be in my thoughts!

Hi everyone. I decided to go out with my friends today for a little fun (and distraction) before surgery. We went to NYC for the day and walked at least 6 miles (ugh I'm in so much pain). Also I couldn't eat much while we were out

Pippz.....you are AMAZING! There is NO WAY I could go to NYC and NOT EAT----waaaay too tempting! Esp. after walking all over the place. Oh, and hunger headaches are the worse. Sometimes I can't shake one for two days. I just can't catch up from it. :speechles

Thanks, Toni. I actually want to be a vegetarian after this surgery (I've always wanted to be and I think now I'm finally ready to commit) and we went to this AMAZING vegan restaurant and all I could have was broth. :-( I was trying to be in good spirits, but I'm really really depressed tonight!

Okay off to bed I go. Just one night more of this and I'll be a new person.

Oh - about the flavorless powders. I got a Soy one. I haven't tried it yet, but they had it at the Vitamin Shoppe and it doesn't smell like anything! I think the Whey has a funky aftertaste so I'm REALLY looking forward to trying the powder!

Goodnight ladies and gents. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better.

Good luck to all of my sister June 11 bandsters!!! Can't wait!! I can't believe that it's finally almost here. It took a year to get approved and after that everything just flew by. Thanks to all of you who shared your experiences with all of us yet to be banded.

Snoopy so sorry to hear about your mom. You're both in my prayers, know that we're all here for you. :)

:help:Hey, does anyone know how to change your weight on the ticker? I've been trying and can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm so glad to hear that most of you are doing pretty well, and to those of you who aren't-it will get better, just keep your thoughts on the end result-a more healthy, happy you!!!:biggrin1::biggrin1:

I won't get out of the hospital until Tuesday afternoon sometime. I'll try to type when I get home.

Jackie

By the way-since I won't be home till Tuesday afternoon...

JUST WANTED TO SAY GOOD LUCK TO RITAMO, LADYBLUE, PIPPZ, DAWNEB, TERRANNE, AND AUSTIESKY!!!

See you all on the other side in BANDLAND!!!!!!!

Jackie

Good luck to everyone having surgery this week! I know I whined, but it is SO WORTH IT! I would definitely do it again!

I don't know how much opportunity I will have to be online this week except for evenings...I'm planning on getting back to work tomorrow, so wish me luck. I'm in the middle of a couple of home remodels that really need checking on. I will miss reading y'all for sure!

Take good care, Stef

Stef-

that's what i need to keep hearing-that you'd do it again..............i am soooo nervous! i just want it to be over with already!!!!!!!

So. My surgery is this coming Friday. I'm still all excited, not nervous at all, but I'm sure that will come soon enough. I just need to focus on getting through this week. Full liquids on Wednesday, Clear Liquids on Thursday. NPO after midnight Thursday night. I think I can do that...

In the meantime... this weekend seems to have been an all you can eat one for me. Ugh. I'm not even hungry! Thank goodness NEXT weekend I won't be able to pig out - and hopefully NEVER AGAIN!

Good luck to all of tomorrows Bandsters!

rcorn60035

<O></O>JackieP12

<O></O>Finallythin@ 34

MkUSmile78

quadmom -you'll be fine. I command you to chill.

I'm sure you'll all kick arse. We can't wait to hear back from you (when you're ready) Yeah it hurts a bit but you've just got to wait it out and you'll be better by the day.

Pippz, I am a vegan. Have been for 7 years at least and a vegetarian for another 13 years before that. The fattest vegan in the world mind you but they shouldn't make vegan food so delicious, should they? I think I'll find the band transition a lot easier because of it. You showed incredible discipline. I would have caved for sure. You'll have to go back there in a few months and take delicate bites of the dish you had your eye on. I use pea Protein Powder. Another vegan on this forum recommended it and it mixes deliciously into Soups (0 carbs). Have a daily wheatgrass juice too for the Vitamin kick.

To everyone else on pre-op diets (or pre-preop fun), keep plugging away. It is very hard but it will be your turn before you know it. Well done Minty Fresh on your loss so far.

Snoopy, we are all thinking of your and your Mum at this scary time. The wait is the worst.

Thank you for your encouragement! I'm getting ready to go to bed...I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 and it takes an hour to get there.

Looking forward to Bandland!!!

Well guys, I leave for Texas at 3:30am. I wanted to wish you all a great surgery!!! My surgery is Tuesday in MX. Not too nervous yet, worst part was telling my parents good bye tonight. My hubby is traveling with me so things will be great!! I will be home Friday from my mini vacation..lol I will post when i get home. I have such a mix of emotions that it's hard to describe. YEAHHHHH!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Good Luck banders!!!