Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

lo2us<o></o> , Becks477<o></o> , SuperKawaii<o></o> , Reeburgdon<o></o> ,Insubordination<o></o>, Clarice<o></o> , JOJOSMAMA , joeygirl best of luck for tomorrow! looking forward to hearing your stories..<o></o>

hottytoddy i love your chart!!

Hi June Bandsters!

I just wondered if anyone that's started a pre-op diet is struggling? I'm doing okay...but I can't say I haven't ate anything. I have had a few bites here and there. I just wondered how everyone else is doing.

Take Care! :)

Renee

Have we heard from KT 999? She was banded with me on the first, but I don't think I've read any of her posts since our surgeries. I'm concerned about her. Please let me know if I've missed her postings! I hope that is the case!

I too, am not hungry! My only complaints are that my port sight is still very sore, and I can't sleep on my side yet. Other than that, I'm doing great!

Lisa H

today is day 2 of my pre-op diet. Here's the diet:

Meal 1: I can choose 2 (oatmeal, toast, egg, yogart, Cereal, milk)

Meal 2: Myocel Protein Shake (mixed with frozen fruit or yogart)

Meal 3: 6-8 oz of lean meat and 1 cup of a green veggie

Meal 4: Myocel Protein shake

Meal 5: (if needed) Myocel protein shake

Day 1 was a real struggle. I am now working 10 hour days--AND NOT A MORNING PERSON!!!! I had a shake for Breakfast, oatmeal and yogart for lunch. I was starving by 4:00 so I left work, ran home and made a shake for snack. I had broccoli and talapia for dinner. (about 9:00 p.m.)

Today is MUCH better. I reversed the meals and put the heavier ones in the morning. Last night, I went to Wal-mart and purchased a hamilton-beach personal blender. It's a single-serving blender, so I made a shake at home this morning and brought it to workfor an afternoon snack. Today, I had oatmeal and toast for breakfast, talapia and broccoli for lunch and a shake for snack at 4:00....so now when I go home I will have another shake.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU TOMORROW!! GOOD THING YOU ARE AT DIFFERENT HOSPITALS, OR YOU WOULD TAKE THE ENTIRE FLOOR, WELL THAT COULD BE COOL!!!

lo2us<O:p</O:p

Becks477<O:p</O:p

SuperKawaii<O:p</O:p

Reeburgdon<O:p</O:p

Insubordination<O:p</O:p

Clarice<O:p</O:p

JOJOSMAMA

joeygirl

BECKY- your excitiement is getting me excited too. I am headed to the hospital the next day, so I won't be able to catch up until Friday...

Best to alll!!!!

Musicalm, LisaH and Heather, I can't wait to experience the feelings you are describing! Is it a strange feeling? I can't imagine how my stomach and insides will feel.

Mj- I went and bought sugarless mints, I will bring them too.

Great to hear from you Huntersmom and Serena! Serena you have been given a lot of food at the hospital! that is interesting. Most reports have been Water and ice chips!

The board has been very busy today!

Welcome to the new June bugs!

As far as, "Does it feel funny after you're banded?"

The only thing that feels funny to me is when the gas bubbles move around in my abdomen. It feels a little like being pregnant and the baby moving!!! Lisa H

Hi June Bandsters!

I just wondered if anyone that's started a pre-op diet is struggling? I'm doing okay...but I can't say I haven't ate anything. I have had a few bites here and there. I just wondered how everyone else is doing.

Take Care! :)

Renee

Hi Renee,

I'm on day 4 of the pre-op (10 day) and I'm struggling too. you are definitely not alone. My doc. has me on a clear liquid pre-op with only Protein Shakes 3 times a day. Other than that it's Crystal light or SF Jello or SF popsicles, Water, etc. Pretty darn hard to follow. I haven't "snuck" anything yet only because I know myself so well. Once I start doing that I'll keep doing it. I hope that I can be "good" the whole 10 days. I keep praying for strength and telling myself that this is not forever and also take one day at a time. The funny thing is that I'm not really hungry but I just want to eat something. I can see why I got this way. I seem to want to eat for every occasion. YIKES!!!

OK - enough about eating. Staying busy really seems to help. Keep trying hard and I hope a month from now things will be much easier.

Dawn

Good luck and Prayers to tomorrows crew!

lo2us, Becks477, SuperKawaii, Reeburgdon, Insubordination, Clarice, JOJOSMAMA, and joeygirl

Great to hear our bandsters are doing well. I've been wondering as well just what it "feels" like. I can't imagine not being hungry.

On who I'm telling and who I'm not; I've chosen to tell my most of my family (My parents are both gone.) and friends. No one has had a problem with my decision and are excited for me. I had a hard time deciding when and how to tell my bosses. I work at Curves and didn't want them to view it as a comflict of interest. I've now told both the owner and manager and they seem to be excited for me. Or maybe just see the hidden potential here; such as me doing the health fair at the bariatric center. :rolleyes I have told only a handful of my clients, maybe about 6.

I have not heard one negative comment and that makes me feel good about this.

However today has been one hellava whirlwind day. The sleep study place never called ASAP like the doctor wanted. I called them today and got the first available appointment - June 17th :). So since it was so close to my surgery date I went ahead and made the follow-up doctor appointment. The earliest? June 22nd!

Surgery is on the 27th.

I called the surgeons office and talked with them. The first lady said there wouldn't be enough time to get the insurance approval but had someone else from the office call me back. When that lady called I explained everything, gave all the dates and what does she tell me? Don't worry, BCBS sends approval within 2 days! I asked what would happen if they denyied it. She said don't worry about it. So I now have my pre-op appointment. Which just happens to be the 22nd, the same day as my follow-up appointment for the sleep study! One is at 2:00 the other is at 3:00. Good thing they are in the same building.

Oh and just before all this I got a call from my husbands surgeon changing his appointment from this same day as my 2 appointments (the 22nd) to 2 days after my surgery. (He may need back surgery.)

Whoa, what a day!

<O:p</O:p

And I'm not doing very well on my self-imposed pre-diet either. When I told my hubby that he laughed at me! Told me it ain't gonna matter come the end of the month. LOL (He is my biggest supporter! With my daughter coming in a close second.)

OK, I'm rambling now. Guess I better get this posted.

Good luck tomorrow.

hey all

wondering if anyone can help! my daughter is 14months and i always seam to have her on my hip running around with her now i know for a while i wont be able to so but it shouldn't be a problem after a few days/week should it?

thanks

Wow Crabby! You've had quite the day!!

As for BCBS, I know they all work differently, and mine is Federal, but they approved mine the very next day after it was submitted.

I didn't have to do any testing except for basic labs and an EKG though. I guess thats good for me? Haha.

Good luck to you!

hey all

wondering if anyone can help! my daughter is 14months and i always seam to have her on my hip running around with her now i know for a while i wont be able to so but it shouldn't be a problem after a few days/week should it?

thanks

Dini, same thoughts here...my littlest is 20 months and loves for mama to hold him. Reading the booklet my doctor gave me the suggestion is nothing over 15-20 pounds for four weeks...I asked my doctor and he said two weeks. You might check to see what your doctor recommends. Best of luck!!!

Have we heard from KT 999? She was banded with me on the first, but I don't think I've read any of her posts since our surgeries. I'm concerned about her. Please let me know if I've missed her postings! I hope that is the case!

I too, am not hungry! My only complaints are that my port sight is still very sore, and I can't sleep on my side yet. Other than that, I'm doing great!

Lisa H

Hi Lisa,

I tried to click on KT's name, but wasn't able to "break thru" to email her or PM her to let her know we wanted to know how she was doing.:) Hopefully she will check in soon. :D

I hear you about port sight soreness. I'm off my elixir, but the port is still sore, and I'm still sleeping on my back. It won't last forever!:)

Hugs,

Toni

hey all

thanks

Hi there! My daughter is 29 mos. and I was told "No lifting anything more than 5-10 lbs." but I was lifting her (she's 28 lbs.) carefully into her highchair easily 3 days post-op....I just used my arms and went slow. HTH! Give your little one a cuddle from me!

Toni

I'm with LisaH and Heather (HottyToddy) here...the gas bubbles are the "weirdest" feeling. I do get a "heavy" feeling at my port site when I've been on my feet too long or pushed myself too hard. I sure wish the gas would dissipate...to have all that gurgling...24/7...and pass so little, it's a bit on the annoying side, but it will pass (pun totally intended) in time :)

Good luck to everyone going in tomorrow! Can't wait to hear how you all make out! :)