Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

I have to be at the hospital at 6:30am. I am going to be in surgery at 8am. My surgeon told me that it was going to take about 45 to 90 minutes for the operation. My cousin is going to stay with my husband while it is going to get done. My anxiety level has just increased tonight.

That's a GOOD thing! That means it's important to you and you are NOT taking it lightly! H-Mom...you are going to do beautifully! You and tomorrow's crew are in my prayers! (You have an awesome cousin, too!)

:myscared:

----Toni

Good luck Hunters Mom!

Thanks Serena. I will look for them!! I need to do a little bit of shopping today. I did get a pair of grey sweat capris and a matching shirt at Kohls on sale. They are PJ's but they look fine to me, so I will wear them home. Did you both pack feminine napkins? that was on my list, stating that I might need them.

Good luck tomorrow!!

mm, I did not know there would be a pc in the hospital to use? I will ask. I could bring my laptop but not sure there is wireless access.

Hi Java,

Did you have any luck finding the strips? I was also going to add that I got mine at Walgreens...not the least expensive, but if your town is like mine, there's a Walgreens on every corner!!!!!

:myscared:

Cheers,

Toni

Today I left the house to run some errands with my husband. We were waiting at a light with one car in front of us. When the light turned green the car in front of us didn't move. I waited about 30 seconds and finally honked to get the woman to wake up and move! She started moving VERY slowly, obviously to annoy me. So I drove around her and continued on my way to the gas station down the street. I pulled in and was filling the tank when she drove up and yelled out the window,

"WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!"

I should have ignored her. But of course, I responded by calmly asking,

"What the f*ck is wrong with YOU?".

She made the nastiest face I have ever seen and said:

"GO TO HELL, YOU FAT F*CK!" and sped off.

No one has mocked my weight since I was in middle school. When I got back in the car, I actually started crying I was so upset. How could someone be so mean and intentionally hurtful? Over having the horn honked at them because they weren't paying attention while driving?!?!? Obviously the woman was crazy, but what's the point of following me to the gas station so you can tell me that I'm fat?

It's unfortunate that she drove off too quickly to hear my reply:

"I am fat now, but I'm going to be thin soon. You, however, will ALWAYS be a hateful c*nt"

Oh, and someone asked about getting to this thread faster:

At the top of the page, click on "Quick Links"

Then click on "Subscribed Threads"

This will take you to a list of all the threads you have posted comments on. You should find this thread there. Good luck!

YAY, MM is home! Hope you have a comfy night tonight. WTG on the 31 lbs. Awesome! Where in l did you live? I’m on the out skirts of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:State w:st=Delaware</ST1><st1:City w:st=Wilmington</st1:City>.

<O:p</O:p

Snoppy, yes we are being done on the same day. I’m happy (?) I’m having so many tests done but it’s really frustrating. My binge weekend is over and I’m ready to get it on, baby!

Toni, sounds like you are doing very well! Yes, I’ve been watching Brookheaven for about 4 hours. It is fascinating. But also so sad. It’s also hitting too close home. I feel like if I’m not banded, I may very well be joining them.

Janine, I got my Gas-X at Walmart today. Along with about $70 of other stuff.<O:p</O:p

Yes, the light at the end of that tunnel will be SO worth it! I’m so ready NOW! LOL

Serena, I’ll be 53 next month and always thought I had my weight under control and had NO health problems. Boy have I been wrong! My blood work showed that my total cholesterol has gone up and I’m now pre-diabetic. <O:p></O:p>

Again, Good Luck tomorrow to our 4some!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:<O:p</O:p

OK MM, not sure what happened but to finish what I was saying --

Where in Delaware did you live. I'm on the out skirts of Wilmington.

Hey Everyone!

Can I be added to the calendar?????? I'm being banded June 12 with Dr. Kuri...anyone else??

Oh, and someone asked about getting to this thread faster:

At the top of the page, click on "Quick Links"

Then click on "Subscribed Threads"

This will take you to a list of all the threads you have posted comments on. You should find this thread there. Good luck![/quote

AWESOME! Thanks a bunch, Lucy!

I am so sorry you had that "Road Rager" today. That is UNREAL! Some people are soooooooooooo cruel and you just know (or hope) that after she settled down she felt like TOTAL CRAP!

Honestly, I've never had anyone pick on my weight to my face, but I would be completley devastated!!!!!! I would've balled my eyes out for hours. Shame on her!

Wish I could give you a hug. Of course, soon there will be so much less of us to hug!

Keep :biggrin1:,

Toni

Hi again...I'm STILL in the hospital! I guess it wil take a while for the doc to come in. I wish I could have just gone home. Then 2nd day of care has been somewhat lacking to say the least! Here it is 8:30am and NO ONE has even brought me a broth or ANY nutrition at all! I had to empty my urine collection myself and write down the amount because I was ignored all night! Except for their delightful timing in JUST waiting until I fell asleep ti get my vitals!!! As you can tell, I am less than impressed with my care on evening two. It's like they figure I'm going home, so I don't need anything. I'll be telling the doc this for sure. Yeah, I'm a little cranky, but I do feel MUCH better. Just wish I could get home and to my own Protein shakes...the protein broth here makes me gag :myscared:

Congrats to all the other June 1st'rs that did WAY better than me. Hope to check in from home later and catch up on all the threads.

Use your call light, make them work. I"m a nurse and I HATE lazy nurses!! They give the rest of us a bad name!

Also, tellthing the doc won't do anything, they don't particularly care. They have NO authority over the nurses anyway. If you want to complain you need to seek out the Nurse Manager or get in touch with a patient advocate.

Even if you've already gotten to go home, you should call and make the complaint to the proper department.

Soooooo glad you are doing better!!!!

Hang in there Momma! I feel your pain -- I am very impatient. I was once in the hospital for severe dehydration. After 12 hours I was rehydrated and couldn't wait to get out of there. The nurse wouldn't let me out without permission from my doctor and said she would call her, but didn't make it a priority. I was ignored by the nurse for 2 hours and nothing happend. Finally, I pulled out my own IV and walked up to the Nurses station and said "You can't keep me here, I'm leaving!".

In retrospect, that was maybe not the best way to handle the situation, but I couldn't take it anymore!

HAhaa. Sorry, I just can't help myself - It's the nurse in me...

I know in MY hospital that I can page a doc for something and I may not get a call back until I've paged several times... could be an hour or longer. Now, I don't know this specific situation what happened, but PLEASE don't blame the nurses! It's kinda like blaming the waitress if your food sucks. Lol. Your waitress does not cook your food, and the nurse cannot write your discharge orders!

MM - I'm soooo sorry you're having such a rough time! I got lucky on the care part. I work there, so I was treated like a queen. I'm so blessed that everyone's prayers were answered! I just had a carnation instant Breakfast with milk... first non-clear thing in 9 days!! It's wonderful. No nausea. The pain is much less today...barely even sore. I've been taking the liquid lortab without fail just to get over the hump. Today I get to remove my bandages and shower!! Yay!!

My prayers are with you all! In no time we will all be in banland comparing notes!!

You can do it! Suffer through the pre-op diet... it's worth it! And remember.. if you can be successful with that, you can conquer just about anything!!!

I have a question for you:

When do you plan on returning to work? My surgery is on my day off (a Friday) but I am supposed to work the next day. I plan on calling in 'sick' that day... but then going to work on Sunday. What do you think? (I'm asking you, cause you're a nurse too, so you know what its like.) None of my co-workers know, so I need to be able to pretty much be able to WORK, except lifting... we rarely do any lifting without team effort or the use of a lift.

PS. Thanks for adding me to the calendar! I love seeing my name next to a date!

I have a question for you:

When do you plan on returning to work? My surgery is on my day off (a Friday) but I am supposed to work the next day. I plan on calling in 'sick' that day... but then going to work on Sunday. What do you think? (I'm asking you, cause you're a nurse too, so you know what its like.) None of my co-workers know, so I need to be able to pretty much be able to WORK, except lifting... we rarely do any lifting without team effort or the use of a lift.

PS. Thanks for adding me to the calendar! I love seeing my name next to a date!

I have a great schedule that allows me to be off 6 days in a row every-other-week. So I'm taking tomorrow, tuesday, and wednesday as sick days (not calling in - planned sick days) and then I'll be off another 6 with my regular off-days. That allows me 12 days post-op before returning to work... but I'm only acutally taking 3 days off. Keep in mind, I work in the Recovery Room and all our patients are pretty much asleep. If we have a fighter, the orderlies hold them and prevent harm to themselves or others. Our patients can't get up and walk in the RR. My job is not very physically demanding... but I know a lot of nursing jobs are (I did ER for 10 years and it was VERY physical). Use your own judgement based on how your units works. Also keep in mind, I work at the hospital where I had my surgery; therefore, they all know about it and are all eager to help me push stretchers and lift anything heavy when I get back to work. They have all been VERY supportive! I'm very thankful for that!

On that note... this is funny! At some point during surgery or recovery stickers appeared on my bandages (fish, stars, hearts)... I was well decorated! My coworkers also had balloons delivered to my room that read, "get well soon, Dad" and "Twins are Twice as Nice." When they delievered them to my room, all the nurses had on the "I'm the big brother" or "I'm the big sister" tshirts that 6 year olds are supposed to wear!! It was hilarious!!! They are soooo goofy... but it made me feel loved and very special! :myscared:

I put us in my "favorites", but still have to log in and then search us out...so this is a GREAT question!

In the upper left hand portion of every page there is a spot that says "UserCP" just click on it and it will take you to a page to see every thread that you are subscribed to that has a new post. Its how I get here everyday. Quick and easy. :myscared:

I have a great schedule that allows me to be off 6 days in a row every-other-week. So I'm taking tomorrow, tuesday, and wednesday as sick days (not calling in - planned sick days) and then I'll be off another 6 with my regular off-days. That allows me 12 days post-op before returning to work... but I'm only acutally taking 3 days off. Keep in mind, I work in the Recovery Room and all our patients are pretty much asleep. If we have a fighter, the orderlies hold them and prevent harm to themselves or others. Our patients can't get up and walk in the RR. My job is not very physically demanding... but I know a lot of nursing jobs are (I did ER for 10 years and it was VERY physical). Use your own judgement based on how your units works. Also keep in mind, I work at the hospital where I had my surgery; therefore, they all know about it and are all eager to help me push stretchers and lift anything heavy when I get back to work. They have all been VERY supportive! I'm very thankful for that!

On that note... this is funny! At some point during surgery or recovery stickers appeared on my bandages (fish, stars, hearts)... I was well decorated! My coworkers also had balloons delivered to my room that read, "get well soon, Dad" and "Twins are Twice as Nice." When they delievered them to my room, all the nurses had on the "I'm the big brother" or "I'm the big sister" tshirts that 6 year olds are supposed to wear!! It was hilarious!!! They are soooo goofy... but it made me feel loved and very special! :myscared:

YOu are very lucky to have so much support! I'm sure most of my co-workers would support me, but I'm still not telling anyone. My own mother doesn't know I'm doing this... and I tell her everything! Haha.

Too funny about your co-workers! How cool would that have been to wake up too?

good luck to tanderson, <O:p</O:pLisaMack, <O:p</O:phuntersmom, and <O:p</O:pserena on monday. I hope the best for you and I can't wait to hear form you all when you feel up to it.<O:p</O:p