Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Twinkle, he said the surgery wasn't needed? Does that mean you're not getting banded on the 6th?

I think she meant that the pre-op diet isn't needed for her.

I've been wondering this for a few weeks now and thought I'd throw it out there. Has anyone been able to find any kind of research on using girldes,etc and the effectiveness on the skin issue we'll all be having? I am wondering if I keep moisturized and use a girldle on my waiste plus tight leggines or something on my legs and arms if the skin will "shrink" faster? My stomach looks like crap after being heavy AND having a baby... I'm sure I'lle ventually do the plastic surgery, but in the meantime I want to do as much as I can!

I'm sorry to say, skin does not shrink. Stuffing yourself like a sausage (that's the visual I got when I imagined myself in those) in garments will only make you uncomfortable, it unfortunately will not help you shrink the skin. Garments like you described are used after burns to keep scarring down, but it won't help tighten things up.

TONI - I am sending up prayers for ya!

Hottytoddy, Lisa H, MMomma, Kt 999, & Nvalicia - Good luck ladies! I'll be praying for you too!<O:p</O:p

JSafari - Hang in there girl! The diet will be over with before you know it. Glad to hear that your husband is doing so well.

Nina

Hi, all! I'm new to the forum...have had all my preop tests and hopefully get my date set tomorrow. I'm expecting it to be a June date...mind if I join the group?

Congrats and good luck also to Musicalmomma, Hottytoddy, Nvalicia, Lisa H and KT 999 tomorrow!!

I'm excited and nervous. Like someone said, my big problem right now is trying not to drink before and after meals. I've got the during down pat (or so it seems) and am much better about the before...it's the 30-45 minutes after that kills me nearly every time.

Had my pre-op yesterday. I had a EKG and blood work. They gave me a workbook and put me on the liquid diet. I get my lap band on June 12th. Today is my first day on liquid and only been up an hour but had to have my diet coke. They said no more than 2 cups of diet coke a day. I hate coffee but live on diet coke. Probably will have withdrawals

from my diet coke. But like they say "no pain, no gain". Good luck to all who are getting their bank today.

Rita

I sympathize with you...I gave up my diet sodas just over 10 weeks ago (have had a few 7ups when I had the stomach flu a few weeks back). One thing I found that helped, although no caffeine, was the Crystal Light On The Go's. It gave my Water a flavor, without adding the caffeine. 1 packet for a 16.9 oz bottle of water = 10 calories. They have some great flavors: Wild strawberry (for energy), Cherry Pomegranate (for immunity), Classic Orange, Raspberry Lemonade, Kiwi Strawberry, Lemonade, fruit Punch). I'm not sure if their teas are caffeine free....

Hope this helps a little....

ON YOUR MARK, GET SET, GO GET SKINNY!!!!!!!:)

Good Luck to all the June 2007 bandsters.

I'll be right behind you on July 2.:clap2:

Lynette

Oops. I noticed I'm still on the June calendar. I jumped ahead to May 21.

It's all good guys, LOTS less stressful than I thought it would be. Y'all will be fine.

Thanks Manatee. I'm glad you're OK. The calendar may not be updated until HT is back in fine form. Good luck June 1'ers.

Welcome Bekiet. I hope your tests go well and that you can get a June date.

Is anyone else really impatient about their impending op? The days can't go quickly enough for me. I would have it today if they could squeeze me in. My best wishes to all of you on the pre-op diet. The carb/caffeine withdrawal headaches are truly tough on the first few days but you'll get through it.

Thank you to all of the "Well Wishers"-I appreciate the thoughts and prayers. I have to stay in the hospital over night, so I won't be able to report in until Saturday evening! I hope to be able to tell you then how wonderfully it went!

Lisa H

TONI - I am sending up prayers for ya!

Hottytoddy, Lisa H, MMomma, Kt 999, & Nvalicia - Good luck ladies! I'll be praying for you too!<O:p</O:p

JSafari - Hang in there girl! The diet will be over with before you know it. Glad to hear that your husband is doing so well.

Nina

Nina,

I just love you! Your prayers worked! Thanks everyone! I'm home now in bandland!!!!!!!! Doing great, just feel like I was socked in the abdomen. GREAT experience, and can't wait to compare notes tomorrow with the rest of you. GODSPEED!

Toni