Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

post op from April 29th

I am finally able to my mess hole.

Take my meds hole.

So glad to hear from you all! Today is post-op day 5, I can't believe it. Things have been wonderful being home, so happy just to sit in my own chair. Very little pain, only take pain meds at bedtime. Felt so good showering and wearing own clothes. My meds take me all day to take, just because I have so many and only take two or three at a time and then wait about an hour and repeat. It hurts to take more than that at a time, very different for me, used to swallow 16 at one time. The only time I have pain is if I try to take too big of a swallow. Have to remember baby sips! Each day gets better and better, so glad I've had this done. Keep posting...

So far so good. I'm a little slower than I had hoped. My biggest problem is that one large incision. It is still sore and hurts with every move I make. I haven't slept through the night yet because of it

My husband fried chicken for the kids and instead of feeling sorry that I couldn't eat I vomit from the smell...lol

So far so good. I'm a little slower than I had hoped. My biggest problem is that one large incision. It is still sore and hurts with every move I make. I haven't slept through the night yet because of it

I placed a pillow underneath the side with the largest cut for support, and used an ice pack. That made nights a tad more comfortable.

I got my sleeve on the 29th and having a time of it. It's very difficult to get my Protein in because it's hard to keep down. Water's pretty simply as well as popsicles, but when it comes to broth, I want to throw up at the smell and taste of it. At night I've been getting fevers. They aren't high enough to call a doctor, but it worrying me. Because it's the weekend, I didn't want to wait in the waiting room for hours only to be sent back and have to wait in an ER room for another couple hours. It goes down after a while, but yeah. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow (let's hope they graduate me from Clear Liquids to full liquids a week early)!

But today I got to take out my pain pump! That was a plus! I haven't used my pain killers for almost 24 hours because I'm not in much pain. Whatever pain I'm in is tolerable. Like light cramping. I still can't sleep on my side so I have to sleep propped up on my back just slightly. It's not too bad.

I know how you feel it hurts like hell are you coughing...ugh that hurts too.

I know how you feel it hurts like hell are you coughing...ugh that hurts too.

I got my sleeve on the 29th and having a time of it. It's very difficult to get my Protein in because it's hard to keep down. Water's pretty simply as well as popsicles, but when it comes to broth, I want to throw up at the smell and taste of it. At night I've been getting fevers. They aren't high enough to call a doctor, but it worrying me. Because it's the weekend, I didn't want to wait in the waiting room for hours only to be sent back and have to wait in an ER room for another couple hours. It goes down after a while, but yeah. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow (let's hope they graduate me from clear liquids to full liquids a week early)! But today I got to take out my pain pump! That was a plus! I haven't used my pain killers for almost 24 hours because I'm not in much pain. Whatever pain I'm in is tolerable. Like light cramping. I still can't sleep on my side so I have to sleep propped up on my back just slightly. It's not too bad.

Hope it gets better for you! I keep having these spells of chills and heat waves but I haven't had a fever as far as I know!

Ok so I officially started puréeds today! It was the first day since surgery I've been able to get a whole Protein shake down too! I actually got 6 oz down at one time! That was weird. I ate some chicken noodle Soup that I puréed with canned chicken and some Protein powder (about 4 teaspoons of that mixture). Then I decided I needed to go to the store to get some provisions. I bought tons of puréed type food to eat! Baby food too! Probably enough to last me a month! As I was finishing up I got light headed, nauseous, and pale! Several people asked me if I was ok.....guess I took it too fast! When I got home I ate 4 oz of sugar free pudding in one setting! It slid right down. Then for supper I had refried Beans with plain Greek yogurt on top....about 4 tbsp of food. I over stuffed myself and got quite worried I had done damage. Then it digested and I feel great! It's scary being able to eat again. I'm quite sore still when I take a deep breath. Very little gas pains today. I think my body is happy that I ate real food today....it's no longer producing copious amounts of painful gas. I'm headed back to work on Wednesday! I feel like I could go back tomorrow but I'm afraid I will over do it. I guess it's going well for me. I have a lot to learn about head hunger versus what my body needs. I'm so afraid I will over do it and have a perforation! I also swallowed my pills today after I broke them up into smaller bites. Much better than crushing. Hope I don't regret it.

Oh and I lost 12 lbs as of today! ;-)

Edited by beeteroo

Well today is day 6 and I went back to work today. Not too bad, a little twinge from time to time in the largest incision. Used my binder for support, really seemed to help. Getting better with Protein and liquids. Can't believe it will be one week tomorrow! Keep posting...

I started work today! So far so good! I just found out this morning that my fitness pal app and my iPhone 5s work together to track my steps! I'm so excited about that! I think it will help me track my diet a little better when I can get on there and see how much I'm walking too. It's cool! They just started it this week! My pain is minimal and work is going well so far.

Oh and I'm down 17.4 lbs! I really need to quit weighing myself everyday. I need to hide my scales somewhere!

Edited by beeteroo

I think everyone weights everyday. Think I am going to put mine in the closet until Sundays out of site out of mind.

I think everyone weights everyday. Think I am going to put mine in the closet until Sundays out of site out of mind.

I don't own a scale and don't intend to buy one until I am close to goal, to monitor for small gains that could mean trouble. For now I weigh when I see my surgeon, and that's it.

I know how I am. If I weigh and the numbers aren't pretty I become very easily discouraged. At that point it's easy to say "I didn't lose weight anyway, might as well have some ice cream!" :o

I see this as a marathon, not as a sprint. What I weigh today vs. yesterday doesn't matter. What I weigh six months from now (when my WLS honeymoon period is over) DOES matter. I cannot allow day to day gains or stalls to derail me. If I don't know about them, they won't. :)

I took all my measurements: neck, arms, bust, waist, hips, thighs, calves....I will check them again 1 month after surgery, and every month after that until goal. Muscle weighs more than fat so its a more accurate way to keep track of my progress. In the meantime I am enjoying wearing my "smaller" jeans and feeling how loose they already are!

Question?? I fixed me some ice Water in a cup instead of drinking it out of the bottle habit I put a straw in it. I didn't realized until about half way thru the cup. I was like oh goodness I did that out of habit. I took it out and now just drinking from the cup. I am 8 days post op. Now worried if I have hurt myself or damaged anything??? I feel fine as of right now. Any input would be very much appreciated!!!