Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

post op from April 29th

I have 2 questions how many calories are u suppose to consume post op 1 week? I am getting in 55 grams of Protein but my calorie intake is only 300 max. Once I see the doctor Monday I hope I can be on more than Clear Liquids & Protein Shakes. My teeth and gums are so sore and when I brush my gums bleed bad is this normal? Thanks for any info! :)

I have 2 questions how many calories are u suppose to consume post op 1 week? I am getting in 55 grams of Protein but my calorie intake is only 300 max. Once I see the doctor Monday I hope I can be on more than clear liquids & Protein shakes. My teeth and gums are so sore and when I brush my gums bleed bad is this normal? Thanks for any info! :)

I haven't been keeping track of calories at all but I'd guess it's well under 500cals a day. I'm mostly drinking Water, Jello, and SF popcicles. I was able to get down almost a whole premier Protein shake yesterday.....throughout the day. Not all at once! Today I've had a few oz of broth with unflavored Protein powder in it, 2 oz of Jello made with liquid Protein, and 4 oz of Water. If I drink too much I have horrible pains in my stomach. Feels like gas. I'm taking gas ex strips like crazy! Hope it gets easier. My pain levels are Pretty low today except for the gas pains. I feel quite thirsty but if I drink too fast I suffer the pain!

Not sure about your teeth and gums! Take the brushing easy and do more rinses than brushes. Hope that gets better!

Edited by beeteroo

Thanks for the information! That sounds pretty much how I am doing. The gas pains have been A lot better today and yesterday but they are very painful!! :)

And these pizza and Taco Bell commercials are killing me. I can move up to puréed tomorrow. Maybe I will just move on up to puréed! I was thinking that I would wait until I can get all my fluids in on clear liquids before I move up to puréed.....but pizza and tacos.....I'm sure I can purée those! Lol!

I have 2 questions how many calories are u suppose to consume post op 1 week? I am getting in 55 grams of Protein but my calorie intake is only 300 max. Once I see the doctor Monday I hope I can be on more than clear liquids & Protein Shakes. My teeth and gums are so sore and when I brush my gums bleed bad is this normal? Thanks for any info! :)

My doc doesn't want me to worry about calories until I'm tolerating solid foods. I'm sure I'm well under 500 calories/day.

And these pizza and Taco Bell commercials are killing me. I can move up to puréed tomorrow. Maybe I will just move on up to puréed! I was thinking that I would wait until I can get all my fluids in on clear liquids before I move up to puréed.....but pizza and tacos.....I'm sure I can purée those! Lol!

Commercials are the worse! When was your surgery?

There are 3 things that stop me when I'm tempted to advance my diet prematurely:

1) If I allow myself to start breaking the rules THIS early, there is no way I will be able to follow the rules later that will ensure my success. And I didn't do this for nothing!

2) There is a timetable for advancement for a reason. I want my stomach to heal as quickly as possible; no setbacks!

3) If I advance too quickly and my sleeve doesn't like it, I have to not eat or drink anything for several hours, then go back to clear liquids for a day, then full liquids. NO THANK YOU!!!

You can probably think of other reasons, but these are what keep me in check. :)

Commercials are the worse! When was your surgery?

It was on the 29th. The commercials made my brain hungry but I know my stomach will never handle that kind of food right now! Lol!

How are all of you taking your medications? I have only taken them the past couple of days. I have to crush them. They taste like crap. What is something I can mix them in so they don't taste that bad? Any ideas? I start puréed foods tomorrow so maybe that will make it easier if I can eat them with applesauce or other puréed fruits.

Since post op my surgeon said I can take mine with Water. I only take a total of 3 & mine are small. My surgery was 4/29/14 at 730am... ????

How are all of you taking your medications? I have only taken them the past couple of days. I have to crush them. They taste like crap. What is something I can mix them in so they don't taste that bad? Any ideas? I start puréed foods tomorrow so maybe that will make it easier if I can eat them with applesauce or other puréed fruits.

I just swallow them whole with a sip of Water, since day 2. That's how my surgeon instructed me to do it. No issues so far. Good luck!

I cannot tolerate the taste of crushed meds, so I split pills into several small pieces and swallow with Water or crystal lite. No problems so far.

My surgeon prescribed everything in liquid form. It's been great

Using the BA chewables. So far, no issues.

I cannot tolerate the taste of crushed meds, so I split pills into several small pieces and swallow with Water or crystal lite. No problems so far.

I'll try to just cut them. I'm not sure I can handle crushing them much longer. My surgeon wants me to crush them for 8 weeks! Ewww