Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@steveelea thanks lovely.. it's feeling very easy :) I have loads of psychological support and people in my world who will keep it real with and for me so I think this is about the most exciting thing to ever happen to me.

@@nerms here is to that perfect job being just around the corner ;) Can I ask you... do you have a favourite breed?

@@Chez photo looks great. how are you feeling?

Have a great Sunday.

Cath

@ there's a special spot in my heart for Kelpies and Rottweilers. I melt when I see them, they're adorable. When I finally move out of this tiny apartment and get a backyard I'll definitely be getting a new hairy family member. I miss having a warm ball of love to cuddle when you're feeling down! I'll be adopting from a shelter that's for sure.

I had a rotty growing up and then adopted a kelpie x Rottweiler when I was 16.. She was the perfect mix. She was full of energy so we'd run around at the park everyday and then she was lazy at night and would put her head on my pillow and actually put her arm over me hahaha. I miss her a lot. She was hit by a car in 2010 and my whole world fell apart. I still think of her everyday, she's in my display pic too!

What about you? Anyone else got a favourite breed?

post-194291-0-98578100-1403400793_thumb.png

Edited by nerms

:)

post-194291-0-47769500-1403401049_thumb.png

@@nerms Totally gorgeous. I think Kelpies are great dogs. My sister has a border collie and she used to have a rottweiler x malamute... He was regal I was sure of it. When I settle into my home... wherever that is... I've decided on a Cocker Spaniel x poodle. I'm more of a cat person dog lover so little and lapworthy for me.

My aunty has a cockerpoo hahaha they're so cute!

Those little pinschers and French bulldogs are super cute too!

And I love cats! I'm just animal crazy in general.

Ooooo one of my favorite topics FURBABIES!!!!

@@nerms I hope you find that perfect job......don't give up you will find the job thats just for you.

Hows the grooming course going??

One of my bf's is a fantastic groomer and she does all of my babies. She can't keep up with all the work and has to turn new clients away now.

So sorry to hear about your loss.....what an absolutely gorgeous baby she was....I am sure she is still around you all the time :)

@....my son was to get a rescue Malamute when he moves out of home.....he just loves them :)

I love Cockerspaniel cross Poodle they are gorgeous but they can be fairly active......Have you ever considered a Cavoodle??

They are such a great lap dog and love to go with you or just sit on the couch with you, and if you get one from a good breeder that breeds with a Toy Poodle you should get a small lap dog.

I may be biased.... but I love em :P

To me they are the perfect lapdog and family pet ;)

I don't know of any breeders though?? I always get asked as I had a few litters years ago but I don't know any that I would know to recommend.....all I can say is stay away from pet shops because you may be supporting puppy farmers or could get a pup with loads of health problems :(

I used to breed Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and then Cavoodles (Cavalier cross toy poodle) (only as a hobby and just had a couple of litters)

They are 2 of my favorite breeds....but I also have a rescue Golden Retriever and they are just amazing.

When Hubby and I bought our first house our first baby was the furry kind.....Golden retriever.

He was amazing but sadly left us at age 11 from a nose tumour :(

We now own 1 Golden Retriever (we are unsure of her age but rescued her from a horrible registered breeder that was going to put her to sleep because she could no longer breed with her or show her :angry: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr )

We also own a teeny tiny red toy poodle and a Cavoodle.

So we have 3 in total :D

We lost our Ruby Cavalier only 6 weeks ago to old age.....she was my little sweetheart.

All our furbabies are part of our family....we love them sooooo much.

Oh and my daughter has Ferrets......ok strange i know and they do stink until they are desexed but boy are they cute and so gentle.......she hand raised them and they are too cute :D

Yeah the course is good, it's giving me something to look forward to each week and is making the time go past faster which is a plus!

I have a class 3 days after surgery, if I don't feel up to it the teacher said I can do a day with the other class to make up for it so all good for me :)

Hey Cath I'm feeling good, just tired. I start back at work tomorrow so that will be interesting.

Hope all are well xx

@@chez Hope you have a great day tomorrow....take it easy ;)

Thanks mate. I had a good day. Left early coz I was really tired. But still feel good. Xx

It sure does take it out of you and you are back after only a couple of weeks so you are going well.

Friend of mine recently decided to go and get the sleeve done and she is getting done today!!!!

She knows of a couple of people that have it and just decided a few months ago that was it she was getting it done.

No mucking around hey.....took me years to decide just to have the band LOL

I am all nervous and excited for her at the same time....it brings it all back to you when someone else is getting done :)

Glad you had a good day @Chez. Do you have a lot of support at work?

I'm going great. 5 days in and only 24 days til surgery. no cravings, no hunger to speak of and it's been a really great routine to get into so far. I'm sure I'll be challenged towards the end but I'm very focused and motivated so I'm know I'll do fine.

I weigh myself on Saturdays and last weeks weight was 160.2 so we'll see how I go this Sat.

Have a great week all.. I have an exam tomorrow.

:) Cath

Good luck on your exam @Cath :)

@@chez hows it going at work??

Hows everyone going this week......Hope you all have stayed safe and warm in this horrid weather we have had

Hey Leanne. How are you? Sorry I've been a bit AWOL. Work this week has been tiring, I had Thursday off. I've also hit the dreaded 3 week stall so hope it shifts soon.

Since pre op I've lost 16kgs so that's pretty good. Over this crappy weather. I really wanna go for some walks!! Hopefully tomorrow. I was excited though, I'm fitting into size 24. Considering I was struggling with size 26 I'm happy with that.

How are you all going??

Hey Chez.....glad you coped ok with work this last week.

16kg's in 5 weeks is AMAZING!!!!!!!! WOW

That averages out to just over 3kg per week if I worked that out right lol

I am not losing a lot on the scales just bouncing around down a kilo then not but I can feel it in my clothes so I am not so focused on the scales at the moment....although its so hard when people keep asking how much have you lost all the time.

Mostly only my family know but there is one person in particular that continually asks me like every time I talk to her and it is doing my head in......Maybe I am just not going to tell her anymore maybe I am just gonna tell her I am not hopping on the scales anymore.

Because it makes me think about how I haven't lost much in that past week or whatever and it starts to play with my mind.

Anyway my friend that went in for her sleeve is good she came home today so was in 5 days.

She didn't have a drain tube in her stomach.....who else told me that they didn't have one....was it you Chez or was it Bee??

She had the same surgeon as Bee so it will be interesting to see.

She had bad pains in her stomach on day 2 so they made her drink stuff and gave her a ct scan and all was fine.

I am sure I will hear more about it when she had recovered a bit and it will make more sense with what she is telling me when she is off the pethadene :lol:

Hows everyone this weekend :)