Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Date 4/30/14

YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!! You can do this! The fact you are determined means you WILL succeed. ;):)

Thanks much!!!!! I've been through to much not to succeed. I am so ready to be a Loser!!!! ;-)

My date is the 19th and I start the pre-op diet Monday. You are a veteran to me:). Know you are on the path the the you that you dreamed about.

I made it through, too. Just feeling up to posting. Had a few little complications and had to be in the hospital 2 nights. Today is the first day I feel semi-normal. I know it's going to get easier every day! Hope you are all doing well. We'll get through this together! <3

I made it through, too. Just feeling up to posting. Had a few little complications and had to be in the hospital 2 nights. Today is the first day I feel semi-normal. I know it's going to get easier every day! Hope you are all doing well. We'll get through this together! <3

Just hang in there and know that it will slowly get better. I had to stay over an extra night too. I feel better now; am still very sore but ok. I am so excited about this wonderful support group that we have. They all are so helpful and encouraging. I'm so thankful to be part of such a wonderful team!

I am so glad you are feeling better!!! We will get through this together.

Swimbikerun, LindaHayes and Auqafinaflo, I think that Nita, kpay10 and I will reach our goals because of the wonderful people that you are to give us such encouragement. Thanks for your kindness and willingness to share. We will all do this one day at a time.

You know, all that matters now is seeing people go through this with the least amount of complications and get the life they wanted.

I'm so happy to see that others are going to do well with this. There are bumps in the road, but hopefully those potholes will be filed in and all will be well soon.

Hey everyone just checking in. I'm doing pretty good. I just felt up to resuming my daily 2 mile walks. That walk whipped my butt. I am determined to make this lifestyle change work. I just realized that I don't own a scale. I never wanted to keep up with my weight before. Can anyone give me advice on the best scale to buy?? I pray that everyone is doing well.

Do you really need a scale at this point?

Here's the thing, the doctor is going to be weighing you and you'll see things drop in clothes. A scale is truly better in maintenance time, then worrying over getting on the scale every few minutes. I've seen people have issues if they're not dropping 3-5 pounds a week, and your surgeon or the office should be watching that.

Do you really need a scale at this point? Here's the thing, the doctor is going to be weighing you and you'll see things drop in clothes. A scale is truly better in maintenance time, then worrying over getting on the scale every few minutes. I've seen people have issues if they're not dropping 3-5 pounds a week, and your surgeon or the office should be watching that.

that sounds good to me. Thanks

Girlfriend forget the scales its the CLOTHES you need to be worried over. I was going nuts ... bloody ... I went from 18/20's to 0's in 4 months 1 week and then not long after, 00's. I thought I'd be in size 8's, I'd blow a ton of money because I'd be at my college size (smaller than my high school size) of clothes. Well I blew that and said YAY

and then ... um ... size 6 ... size 4 ... and I was adding another reason to just yammer at the doctor going YO I mean Y O D U D E ...

so really, after surgery, concentrate first on the clothes and forget the scale until you start leveling off. You know what? A full wardrobe and the like at size 8 and then having another wardrobe at size 0, the cost of a scale isn't something you need.

Its also on trying all the Protein shakes, bars, what you can put that Protein powder on ... Vitamins that you can stomach ...

:)

and all the new serving bowls, plates, forks, spoons ...

Girlfriend forget the scales its the CLOTHES you need to be worried over. I was going nuts ... bloody ... I went from 18/20's to 0's in 4 months 1 week and then not long after, 00's. I thought I'd be in size 8's, I'd blow a ton of money because I'd be at my college size (smaller than my high school size) of clothes. Well I blew that and said YAY and then ... um ... size 6 ... size 4 ... and I was adding another reason to just yammer at the doctor going YO I mean Y O D U D E ... so really, after surgery, concentrate first on the clothes and forget the scale until you start leveling off. You know what? A full wardrobe and the like at size 8 and then having another wardrobe at size 0, the cost of a scale isn't something you need. Its also on trying all the Protein Shakes, bars, what you can put that Protein Powder on ... Vitamins that you can stomach ... :) and all the new serving bowls, plates, forks, spoons ...

OMG----- that is the size clothes I am in now. I wore my size 20 pants tonight and they were falling off. My 15 yo was like mom your pants are way to big. I never even paid attention because I am only one week out. Thank you so much for this. I am really not realizing the huge change that us coming. It still doesn't seem real. When did you start back working out??

Hello all. I saw my surgeon today. Surgery was April 30, 2014 and I'm down 34 lbs. I really can't see 34 lbs. I see a new face in the mirror today. My Dr. Is very pleased. He wants 50lbs gone in three months and told me that I am way ahead of the game. I'm so grateful. I now have another wk of full liquids, then it will be purée for 3 wks. I am just concentrating on walking and Protein and liquids, and Meds. I am feeling pretty good. I have had the blues, I contribute half to hormones and the other half to missing Mom. She went to be with the Lord November 2012, but told me to stop and take care of myself. I promised her that I would. I wish at every stage of this journey that I could share it with her. I also had a difficult time on Mother's day simply from not being able to be with family as my Dr. Would not let me travel home. I am really so humbled when I read of those who have had complications and I pray that they get well soon. I cannot complain. We are working on a healthy lifestyle which will help us to age well and gracefully. God bless you all.