Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NC - Wake County area & RTP

Hi I'm from the Greensboro area but plan on having my surgery at Duke Regional. My Doctor is Dr. Park. He seems like a great doctor but for the past month I have left messages with nurse as what is my next step for surgery. I have not gotten a call back or anything. I left messages with administrative assistant and or nurses for her to contact me, still nothing. I live almost 2 hrs away so getting an appointment for what can be explained over the phone is crazy. I was wondering if I should switch to Dr. Sudan since you all speak so highly of him or wait it out.

Hey there, I had my RNY at Duke w Dr Yoo, he was great and I found his nurses were super responsive. Dr Park did my info session and he was excellent, but I told them k would take the first available surgeon opening. Really pleased w Dr Yoo.

What I am wondering is, were you given a blue folder on the day you met w Dr Park? I got one on the day of my first surgeon appt, and in it was a checklist showing all the steps/tasks needed to get to surgery. Did you get this list?

Once you have your blood work, EKG, chest X-ray, then you're waiting for a scheduling call for your endoscopy (if Dr Park thinks you need one) or other specialty tests you might need (cardiologist if you have heart problems, etc).

Do you have a waiting period for your insurance coverage before surgery? If so, and you have a 3-6 month insurance mandated wait, then you just might be in the very annoying hurry-up-and-wait stage. BC they probably won't start pushing you through your final tests until you're much closer to your potential surgery date. I was super lucky BC I had no required wait period, and the surgeon had an available surgery slot just a little over a month after my first appt. But it was a crazy busy month of many tests and appointments, I was at Duke a few times a week to get it all in!

But I promise you this.....the Duke program is worth waiting for if need be. I have never, ever felt so well taken care of in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by gina171

I feel dirty bumping a thread this old, but I don't want to make a new one...

Anyone from the area still around on here? I'm looking into a sleeve and could definitely use some good recommendations for a doctor, support group, local person to pick their brain, etc!

Hi,

I had a DS in May with Dr. Ng and his group at Rex Bariatrics. I can't say enough good things about everyone in the whole practice. They have a whole approach to the surgery..exercise, nutrition, surgery and lots of support. They do a fabulous job of incorporating all aspects of

the process into their support groups and group sessions. I have great confidence in recommending them!

I feel dirty bumping a thread this old, but I don't want to make a new one...

Anyone from the area still around on here? I'm looking into a sleeve and could definitely use some good recommendations for a doctor, support group, local person to pick their brain, etc!

Had RNY in Feb 2016. 129 down. Live outside of Holly Springs. If I can help let me know.

Had RNY in Feb 2016. 129 down. Live outside of Holly Springs. If I can help let me know.

You're right down the road from me! Where did you have yours done? Would you recommend your doctor?

You're right down the road from me! Where did you have yours done? Would you recommend your doctor?

How cool. Where are you? My husband and I both had it done. We had it done at WakeMed Cary by Dr. Villanueva. Love love love him

@@RaptorWitch

I'm in Raleigh by the Farmer's Market!

That's awesome that you and your husband both did it. The family that loses together...?

I'm meeting with my endo next week to get the ball rolling. I'll definitely look up Dr. Villanueva once I'm sure I'm going to go through with it. :)

@@RaptorWitch

I'm in Raleigh by the Farmer's Market!

That's awesome that you and your husband both did it. The family that loses together...?

I'm meeting with my endo next week to get the ball rolling. I'll definitely look up Dr. Villanueva once I'm sure I'm going to go through with it. :)

It's given us a new lease on life. He had his November 9, 2015 and is down 145. We actually live in FV. Let me know if I can help.