Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May surgery peeps from lapband to bypass?

To EmergingMissP, how did your appt go today? What did your dr say about your swelling is everything ok? Just a little worried about you.

Thank you @@TLawre2!! My appointment is scheduled for tomorrow morning, however, I called my surgeon's office this morning and left a message with the office manager. She then stated that she was on vacation, however, he would call me back. He called me back shortly thereafter...love my surgeon. He then stated that what I have been experiencing is normal and he would definitely check me out further when I came in. Since I have not experienced any vomiting, redness of the area or a temperature I should not be worried. Just lots of soreness on my left side which is due to the trauma my body went through during the surgery.

I have to remember that this was a major surgery and I need to chill and take time out to heal. I really appreciate you checking on me back means a lot. I'll be sure to update after tomorrow's appointment. I just hope I can proceed to the next stage and have some potatoes lol.

I'm really glad to hear that everything's ok. Hopefully you get to have potatoes soon lol. I'm still waiting on ins approval. I hope to hear something this week.

@@tebowfan Good Luck tomorrow...keeping you in my prayers. You will do great. See you on the post op side

My surgery is scheduled for 730 on Wednesday. It's almost here. Thank you very very much for your prayers. I will be comforted greatly by them :)

Good Luck Tebowfan keep us posted, ill keep you in my prayers.

I found out yesterday my insurance is pending yall cross your fingers for me. I hope it goes through

Fingers crossed...you are right at the finish line. Everything will be just fine but the wait is the hardest. Praying you get the approval soon and I'm sure he knows how important this is for you. Excited to see you on the other side.

EmergingMissP were they able to do the lap band removal and the bypass in the same surgery? I see you are having some pain, hopefully it will subside soon. Just wondering, my surgeon is going to try to do both at the same time next Tuesday. Get well soon.

EmergingMissP were they able to do the lap band removal and the bypass in the same surgery? I see you are having some pain, hopefully it will subside soon. Just wondering, my surgeon is going to try to do both at the same time next Tuesday. Get well soon.

@@jodie1961

yes, my surgeon was able to complete the surgery in one operation. My surgery lasted longer than normal due to a lot of scar tissue from the band(the most he had ever seen) which was apparently what was causing me to have issues all along. My pain has subsided however its still there but the doctor mentioned that this was due to the trauma my body had gone through with the Lap Band removal & RNY in one process. Today I am feeling great and have no regrets on this revision surgery wishing you the best next Tuesday good luck.

I am now a May band to bypass, received the approval today and scheduled for May 14th :) I am crazy excited to get this band out!

All went way better than I imagined it would from reading these posts. Thank you for the prayers. God was definitely listening . My only proble. Is peeing. I had todo a catheter twice now. Ugh! I will probably go home tonight It means so much that y'all were prAying.

Update; peed on my ow. Woohoo!

All went way better than I imagined it would from reading these posts. Thank you for the prayers. God was definitely listening . My only proble. Is peeing. I had todo a catheter twice now. Ugh! I will probably go home tonight It means so much that y'all were prAying.

Update; peed on my ow. Woohoo!

Yes!!! Glad to hear you are doing well and no more catheter :-)