Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ashamed and frustrated

it matters a lot to me.please dont give up---i care adn i am sorry i never intended to hurt u. i will pray for u

like directions for washing your hair: wash, rinse, repeat!!!

you just need to pick yourself up and get yourself back to that doctor and tell him you need to start again and you need his help!!! if he is a good doctor he will understand and get you back onto the road to banderfulland!!! think only good thoughts takuwinds...and I will be thinking of good ones for you too. please let us all know you are doing better!!! we are all here for each other okay!!! :rolleyes:

talkuwinds- I can message you some recipies and a daily food journal etc. If you're interested send me a message. Keep your head up! You're doing GREAT! You took that first leap of faith and you're on your way. It's not easy for ANYONE I don't give a damn who you are no one is perfect or if so we wouldn't be on here! :D

Edited by enjoythetime

talkuwinds: iprayed for u and i am thinking of u.plz dont give up,at the least thinkabout tomorrow being a brand new day and call youdr. who will be more than happy to keep ur original intentions up,ok?

I got my band Oct of 2012 and have only lost 40 pounds at first. Now since my one year bandaversary I have gained weight. I am having such a hard time losing. I have a 10 cc band (I guess) and have 7cc fill. I have not seen my Dr in months for another fill because I was ashamed of my weight gain. I fell like a failure and thinking about having the band removed. I am at the point that I just have to accept that I will always be a fat girl/mom/wife. My body is never going to change to matter how much I want it to.

I feel like I wasted everyone's time and money getting this wonderful band in.

I feel ashamed I have not lost any weight. I can eat full meals and not feel full. Now and then my food will get stuck and I get rid of it, but then I will take another bite to replace what I just lost.

This just is not working out for me. I guess I am just that one person who will not succeed at losing weight.

@@takuwinds

Please don't let one or two folks on this site's opinion/tone get to you....I've been here long enough to realize the majority of us are here to help. Most us aren't perfect and understand the struggles of WLS. You got some great suggestions from others already, but I wanted to add a post I replied with earlier, about my experience after my hiatus from seeing my surgeon....I didn't go see him for over a year....embarrassed at myself because I had gained weight too. But trust me, they understand this. That's why we go to see them in the first place. I wish you much success!!

"

Like you, I've been through that phase when my band wasn't adjusted correctly for me. My loss stalled, stopped, then I actually gained some weight! I was embarrassed, felt like I had failed, the band wasn't gonna work for me, etc. I've written about it on here before.

FINALLY, I had a friend encourage me to go back to my doctor. I went....not looking forward to the chastising I was sure I would get....and deserve. But that wasn't the case at all. My surgeon and I discussed my situation and he was very encouraging and understanding. He showed me why.....it was right there in my charts/records he had. I'm a failure at dieting long term. We got my band adjusted correctly for me, and IT made all the difference in the world.

You've taken the most important step....you're going back to see him/her.

I wish you much success in your future. NEVER, EVER give up! :)"

Sharpie, Enjoy, 2muchfun, Bandista, dylan, and Catfish. You all are great people. I came here for encouragement and in hope to find someone who struggles like me. I wanted to know how they overcame obstacles. What empowers them or motivates them. Did they just give up or pushed through?

I had WLS to save my life, to enjoy more life.

Sharpie, Enjoy, 2muchfun, Bandista, dylan, and Catfish. You all are great people. I came here for encouragement and in hope to find someone who struggles like me. I wanted to know how they overcame obstacles. What empowers them or motivates them. Did they just give up or pushed through?

I had WLS to save my life, to enjoy more life.

Hi taku. I think everyone on this site struggles. Maybe some do better with the weight loss than others. Maybe some lose faster than others. But everyone struggles to eat better, smarter and less. And that's a struggle for me with almost every meal. I would love to eat alot again...and I would love to eat Pasta Pasta, and more pasta. When I'm out and about, all I see are restaurants that I don't even bother with because I know the food they offer is no good for me.

What motivates me..what empowers me is the feeling of control I now have. I don't like not being in control and eating till I'm sick is an out of control activity. When I get up from the table having eaten my band sized portion, I feel in control and empowered. That feeling is overwhelmingly better than the brief good feeling from eating to excess....and then of course the terrible feelings of guilt and disgust...from once again, not being able to stop.

Find the thing that motivates and empowers you. Maybe it's control like it is for me...or maybe something else. Whatever it is, once you do find it, I really think it will make this process easier. That, and correct restriction. Especially correct restriction. Good luck my dear and please let us know how you are doing.

Sweetheart there is not one person on here who hasn't had issues with weight. That is after all why we had to have surgery. I have had so many failures I cannot even count them all . I am 67 years old and realized that I was on a road to serious health issues if I didn't do something drastic. I have had stalls and have had to slap myself to re-gain my momentum. Your Dr. will understand honey I am sure you are not the only patient that has had problems. Catfish is a prime example of what you are going through and I would say he came out on the other side and then some. Go look at his profile, he did an amazing turnaround and so can you. If you need to private message any of us we will be happy to help. Your health and life from here on is what you can focus on not what has happened in the past.

Push through! Love that phrase (yours). And know that in this world of on-line communication there are so many opportunities for misunderstanding. Know that we are all here with you. You are going to rock this -- your fierceness is a great quality. You are choosing yourself and that is a very powerful thing!

i just stumbled across this. its perfect. i am hanging that mantra up where i can see it every day.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/page/articles.html/_/support/developing-mental-toughness-for-long-term-weight-loss-4-quick-steps-r185

talkuwinds i was praying for u last night. maybe u will understand something:my father wa sflown into Yale Hospital yesterday with an aortic anyeurism and is having surgery today. when i responded to u i only had two hours sleep. i twasnt to hurt u. i hope today u call ur dr. and get back on track.plz dont gibe up an dthrow in the towel. u can still turn things aorund. i will check in on u later. God Bless u.