Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am concerned that today i was able to eat a whole hamburger with only small amt of mustard and ketchup. This was first time i ever ate a whole burger since surgery. I am almost 21 wks post op and lost 91 lbs. I am worried i took in to much food at one sitting. If took me abt 20 mins or so to finish it.

fairly normal.. lets put it this way.. it would have come back up if it didnt want to be down there.. i wouldnt make a abit of it so you dont lose restriction.

Bun and everything...wow...17 months out and I can only take down a half of a hamburger. Ask yourself! Are you reading your sleeve? Anytime, are you sneezing or runny nose while eating. Some people get hick-cups. Are you taking the time to eat tiny bites and then swallowing when the bite is really mushy?... Do you stop half way through and take a break to listen to your sleeve? To see where you are in the full area.

Congratulations on your success so far..... :)

I'm worried also I'm only on my 6th day post op and I can take in a whole cup of chicken broth slowly if course because it is still uncomfortable to swallow but when I'm done I don't feel full. I don't feel hungry either but shouldn't I feel some type of fullness or tightness. I also have not thrown up or even gotten nauseous after eating so I'm wondering if my sleeve is doing anything?

I'm worried also I'm only on my 6th day post op and I can take in a whole cup of chicken broth slowly if course because it is still uncomfortable to swallow but when I'm done I don't feel full. I don't feel hungry either but shouldn't I feel some type of fullness or tightness. I also have not thrown up or even gotten nauseous after eating so I'm wondering if my sleeve is doing anything?

In the begining i didnt feel a fullness only a pressure and i knew i had enough. And the hamburg was the size of one u would get in a happy meal so it wasnt real big hamburg. And no it was not from McDonnell either.lol. it was a home made one. My biggest problem is i dont eat many small meals which i need to change. But when i do eat i never take in anymore then 800 calories in 24 hrs.More days its usual 650-680 cals . But i was lil scared cause that was first time i could finish a hamburg even of that size. In no way do i want to push or expand the amt of food i can eat

Edited by Madelyne Bonthron

In the begining i didnt feel a fullness only a pressure and i knew i had enough. And the hamburg was the size of one u would get in a happy meal so it wasnt real big hamburg. And no it was not from McDonnell either.lol. it was a home made one. My biggest problem is i dont eat many small meals which i need to change. But when i do eat i never take in anymore then 800 calories in 24 hrs.More days its usual 650-680 cals . But i was lil scared cause that was first time i could finish a hamburg even of that size. In no way do i want to push or expand the amt of food i can eat

I figured it had to be a little burger. You would have thrown up otherwise for sure or at least gagged on it. If you are only taking in 600-700 calories. Your body is going to go to shut you down to protect itself. You really need around 900-1000 unless you are exercising then you need more. :)

You won't feel full until you get to dense, solid Proteins. liquids and soft food run through our sleeves in 5-10 min at most.

I'm also on my 6th day post op; but I'm still unable to get a whole glass of anything down....

I kinda get this feeling of it getting caught around my tummy region and feel discomfort for a few seconds before my tummy (actually) groans and it passes.

Anyone else know what's up with this?

I figured it had to be a little burger. You would have thrown up otherwise for sure or at least gagged on it. If you are only taking in 600-700 calories. Your body is going to go to shut you down to protect itself. You really need around 900-1000 unless you are exercising then you need more. :)

See i told my doctor how much i was taking in and he said that was good keep it under a 1000 and i do exercise usual 3 times a wk. But i better talk to a nutritionist that deals with what we had. I dont want to shut down. I try do everything possible lose weight but dont want to hurt myself either. Thank you for all your help. Okay so to sum it up then basical that lil burger was not a bad thing me eating the whole thing at my stage? It just was weird cause it was the first time ever i finish that amt usual i take 3 bites and done. But i did take my time and i didnt hurt, or feel sick in anyway. So i feel better abt it. But now i real need to look into this whole calorie thing. Big thank you guys :)

I'm also on my 6th day post op; but I'm still unable to get a whole glass of anything down.... I kinda get this feeling of it getting caught around my tummy region and feel discomfort for a few seconds before my tummy (actually) groans and it passes. Anyone else know what's up with this?

. Same here. I has surgery the 8th. So far I can get 1 Protein Shake and about 20 ounces of Fluid and 1 sugar free Popsicle. Has to be Gatorade or Vitamin Water. I do have broth for dinner- strained chicken noodle Soup or wonton and it's easy to get down warm and delicious cause it's not sweet. I use a baby spoon to sip cause if I take to big of a drink or sometimes even the soup I feel that same feeling in my stomach. Remember it is still swollen. Gets better each day!

See i told my doctor how much i was taking in and he said that was good keep it under a 1000 and i do exercise usual 3 times a wk. But i better talk to a nutritionist that deals with what we had. I dont want to shut down. I try do everything possible lose weight but dont want to hurt myself either. Thank you for all your help. Okay so to sum it up then basical that lil burger was not a bad thing me eating the whole thing at my stage? It just was weird cause it was the first time ever i finish that amt usual i take 3 bites and done. But i did take my time and i didnt hurt, or feel sick in anyway. So i feel better abt it. But now i real need to look into this whole calorie thing. Big thank you guys :)

A lot of us are geared to numbers and dates. That is the wrong way to see this trek we are taking. This is a life long learning, changing, building adventure. And although the first 6-8 months is the honeymoon period does not mean that if you don't have all your weight lost before then that you can't lose more.

Before surgery our metabolisms were shot. After surgery and the more active we become the better that part comes. now the danger is that if you do not eat enough your body will scream to a halt to protect itself. When it feels threatened the body will react.

By eating dense Proteins and drinking our Water and complex carbs, the body will feel safe and continue to lose. O am not saying that it will nave take a break but your body has to catch up to what we are doing to it....

1000 calories is minimal...Some are on 1200 or even 1500. And still losing. you lose upwards to 400-500 calories when working out. That leaves your body with 300 to live on...Your body says no I'm starving and you stop losing......

Amazing eh how we are made...A massive city with everything connected to one another and if something goes wrong the city will take action until it is fixed....love it!!!!

A lot of us are geared to numbers and dates. That is the wrong way to see this trek we are taking. This is a life long learning, changing, building adventure. And although the first 6-8 months is the honeymoon period does not mean that if you don't have all your weight lost before then that you can't lose more.

Before surgery our metabolisms were shot. After surgery and the more active we become the better that part comes. now the danger is that if you do not eat enough your body will scream to a halt to protect itself. When it feels threatened the body will react.

By eating dense Proteins and drinking our Water and complex carbs, the body will feel safe and continue to lose. O am not saying that it will nave take a break but your body has to catch up to what we are doing to it....

1000 calories is minimal...Some are on 1200 or even 1500. And still losing. you lose upwards to 400-500 calories when working out. That leaves your body with 300 to live on...Your body says no I'm starving and you stop losing......

Amazing eh how we are made...A massive city with everything connected to one another and if something goes wrong the city will take action until it is fixed....love it!!!!

So crazy. Really thank you for all the time you took to talk with me. I need to get re focused and look at the big pic. Not just the honey moon phase. Cant thank you enough :)