Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days post op is this normal?

Yea I think it's that too I'm swollen cuz I prob have inflammation still hopefully this week will get better

Band to sleeve on 4/9 my stomach is bloated as well!! I even gained almost 10pounds on the day of surgery from everything they put in my body that day...

Yea . I had mine wed and I feel like im 8 months pregnant. Lol. Itll pass .our bodies went through a lot

I had mine on Wed, also. Fortunately, I do not have any nausea. My left shoulder has been sore and have shortness of breath when I do too much walking. Minimal pain now!

I hope so. Im starting to regret this

Don't get discouraged. I felt the same way during the period you are in. I regretted it for about a week. This website truly got me through it. Keep coming back for any questions. Anything you need answered is pretty much here. Everything I was experiencing, some else had as well and they always said it would get better. It did. I am 3.5 weeks out and I am so happy I did it. All is much better. I can still feel the food going into my stomach but it's no longer a bad feeling. Hope this helps. Take care.

I had surgery on Tuesday. Only nausea was when I was coming out of anesthesia. They gave me IV nausea meds and a patch behind the ear which were so helpful! I have been able to get the whole 64 oz and then some of Fluid. I refuse to sit and sleep the day away and I really think that is helping. I have not been hungry at all but I went to a women's retreat with my church ladies Friday and Saturday and since last night I have been pretty anxious for something besides Clear Liquids.< /p>

I think what everyone is feeling is pretty normal. I think it is just scary for us, THE UNKNOWN. We are scared of leaks, we are scared they cut too much, didn't cut too much, we lose weight fast, we gain weight, we are stalled, we are nauseous, we vomit. and we swell. it is sort of crazy because we are all so different. Just trust your gut instinct everyone, and when you seriously are ill you will not ask here, you will get to the ER. I wish everyone a good week, and thank God for our help here from everyone else. It got me through the scary times.

This site has been a lifesaver thank u everyone. Todays been a good day. Been able to drink more. Havent napped all day. Did laundry. Getting back to old me .I mean new me :)

Is it normal to feel like really bloated ? Like my belly is so round as if I was preg . I had my surgery on Monday and now today I'm having prob with my chest slight amount of pain but idk what to do cuz if it's gas I walk around and take something but to look at my belly is really weird.

Bianca I just got my surgery on 4/10-14. Herbal tea will help ure stomach to go down n relieve that gas .

I had nasuea the first 3 full days. I remember talking to my husband and all the sudden it just stopped. I looked at him and said Quick, bring me a popsicle! I kept it down and have never felt that way again!! :D It will get better and then you will be happy!

I felt like I had made the decision for surgery and gave myself the worst flu the world has ever know. It does get better. Sorry you are going through this.

I am on day 12some nausea still but it is getting better ii cannot tell if it's hunger pains or gas! Have had a hard time with bloating and gas still yet doctor called in opener gran suppositories. I am walking 30-40 minutes per day and it helps so much. 9 more days to soft diet, it's going to get better every day. Best of luck to you.

I am having a horrible time with the bloating, swelling, etc. I was starting to get concerned but as usual these forums have been a big help. GasX does help for a bit but the swelling returns. I even switched to unsweetened almond milk instead of regular milk just in case I have a touch of lactose intolerance. I never really drank a lot of milk prior to surgery. I am sure once I am able to move on to the next phase things will get more "regular" and some of the gas, bloating, swelling, etc. will resolve itself.

I had this but it only lasted 3 days. My concern for you is that it is going on for a week now. Do you have problems with anethesia that you know of? I would at least call your doctor if it is not better by tomorrow since that will make 1 complete week. I promise once you shake the nausea, it is soooooooo much better. Praying for you a speedy recovery and great success!! :)