Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all my April 23 surgery partners!

Hi everyone! I'm excited today because I had my pre- admission appointment today!! I got my body wash for my pre-surgery shower!! I meet with my doctor on Monday for my final appointment before my surgery and I'm on day 2 of my liver shrink diet!!!. I'm moving right along!

I have to admit that today I have reflected over my life and am asking myself how did I let myself get into this shape, this weight! I was very thin growing up, I've always had a big appetite. My step father always said that over eating would catch up with me and I guess it has. Now here I am, morbidly obese with bad knees!!! I should be in much worse shape, but God has allowed me to be more healthy than I should.

So now I'm looking for people to connect with who are going through this journey!,,

April 23 is right around the corner!!!

I am not april 23 but close enough. My surgery is on the 24th. I want to wish you luck!!! I am getting excited as well because its right around the corner. :)

msshellg I had the same problem except I use to always to mom I am to "skinny". I promise I regret those words coming out of my mouth. My knees are bad so just to get the weight off of them will be a huge relief for me. May God continue to be with you!

I am not april 23 but close enough. My surgery is on the 24th. I want to wish you luck!!! I am getting excited as well because its right around the corner. :)

It is right around the corner❗️❗️❗️So excited!

<p>msshellg I had the same problem except I use to always to mom I am to "skinny". I promise I regret those words coming out of my mouth. My knees are bad so just to get the weight off of them will be a huge relief for me. May God continue to be with you!</p>

I too used to think I was too skinny, now I'm too fat!!! I just want to be somewhere in the middle!

I'm a 23rd girl!!!! So excited to be headed down this path to a happier and healthier future. I on the other hand have always been "big boned", lol! I came from a family of obesity, so it was just accepted. My mom had RNY 3 years ago and is feeling n looking great. She has been a great inspiration to me and her surgeon is doing my sleeve. If this liquid diet for 2 weeks doesn't kill me I can make it through anything. I am so glad I found this app because it is awesome to hear other people are going through the same thing.

I'm a 23rd girl!!!! So excited to be headed down this path to a happier and healthier future. I on the other hand have always been "big boned", lol! I came from a family of obesity, so it was just accepted. My mom had RNY 3 years ago and is feeling n looking great. She has been a great inspiration to me and her surgeon is doing my sleeve. If this liquid diet for 2 weeks doesn't kill me I can make it through anything. I am so glad I found this app because it is awesome to hear other people are going through the same thing.

I totally agree! I would be lost without this app. I look at it all the time to see if there are new post. I feel so much more prepared because I know what to expect.

How's everyone doing on their pre-op liquid diet?

Each day is different. Day one I struggled, day two was easier, today I was ok. During the day and at work I'm good, but night time is tough! I can't believe next week is our week????????????

My surgery is scheduled for April 21. I am only 5 days away! I started my pre op diet on April 4 but I must say that it has been tough. I fell off the band wagon a couple time :mellow: but with help of my nutritionist I'm back on track.

I had my 7 day pre op lab work done yesterday per my doctor's request. After 8 tries, the nurse still could not find my vein and for the first time I wondered if I was making the right choice! I have never had surgery before so I really do not know what to expect. As quickly as those thoughts entered my mind, I answered myself with a big yes! I am doing this for a healthier and happier me. I am doing this for my family, for my son, for my husband. It will not be easy. I might have complications during or after surgery. But the benefits of surgery and a healthier me are worth the pain that comes with!!!

How do I feel? Its a mixture of feelings!!! Excited, Anxious, Nervous, Worried! I will keep everyone posted!

I'm having mine April 23rd as well!!!! ???? my surgeon put me on a 10 day liquid diet and I am on day 7 and MISERABLE. I had my final appointment with my surgeon prior to the surgery last Tuesday and my pre op appointment on Wednesday. I am all but ready to pack my bag for the hospital! I am excited and nervous at the same time:)

Ok guys!! Only a few more hours!!! I'm hungry today and I'm not sure why!! My stomach is requesting all types of things but my head is saying... Back to the broth!!!!

I'm hungry too!!!! Ahhhh 12 more hours before surgery and I'm fixing to shower and get some rest, normally I wouldn't be able to sleep but I have been so weak the past couple of days that I felt like I could have passed out hours ago. Wow this is so nerve racking

It is different from each doctor of how long you have to do the liquid diet before surgery. I wish I knew why each doctor seeing things different. I went for my preregistration today April 16. Surgery is one week away on April 23 and I have been doing liquids one week and lost 15 pounds. I am now 259 pounds. I am getting excited but so nervous.