Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the ones who got sleeved the first week in april?

I was sleeved on the 7th and had a rough start because of nausea they struggled to control. Spent 2 nights in the hospital, when I came home and got a good nights sleep I really began to feel better. I don't have any pain, and I don't have any nausea now, just a bit of a rumble tummy. I'm able to get all my Water in and I'm working on my Protein. All in all, I'm feeling much better than I did and glad to be feeling well again.

HI, I feel great. Exercise twice a day, Gym in the morning (before work) during 45 minutes to 1 hours of cardio. I choose between the 4 type of cardio each day.

30 mins of Treadmill-Walking with incline

30 mins Elliptical 1

30 mins Stairs Master (Climber)

15 mins bike

Evening (after work)

1.5 miles walk at city park

I feel great and on Phase 2 (liquid Protein Diet).

I am able to meet the recommendation of 60 oz per day and Drink 40-60 gm of Protein daily.

I do not care for the cream Soup. My daily diet"

Herbal Tea (wake up)

Isopure low carb shakes. (after workout)

Water

Diluted juice

ISOPure Nature Best Zero-Carb

BariEssential Fortify Meal Replacement shakes

Water

Water

Crystal Light

Herbal Tea

BariEssential Fortify Meal Replacement shakes

broth

Broth

My surgery was April 4th and I went home the next day. My back hurt more than anything since I am used to sleeping on my side. I am now feeling great and getting back into my daily routines. My doctor asked for me to stay on the clear liquid diet for one more week since I was tolerating it well. He said it would be beneficial to the healing of my stomach. I am looking forward to Protein Shakes and creamy Soups next week. The only thing that is truly hard is not being able to pick up my toddler, he is 2 and weighs 27 pounds. I was so happy to be cleared to drive, I was getting cabin fever. I love going to Target and just walking around the store for an hour. Hopefully next week I will be cleared to start going to the gym. For now I just walk, walk, walk!

So,the thing is, I am getting my foods in okay. The Protein shake is hard for me, but two hours of hardwork, I can really get it down. oatmeal was a bit too much for me -- only because I didn't like the heaviness yet. Not because my stomach upset me. Believe it or not, gas isn't an issue anymore. I'm handling it extremely well, and farting a lot. >___< Much to my family's dismay.

So I'm am not up to the walking you guys are getting in. I can only do about half a mile a day? I'm three days post op, so is that okay? I don't want to 'not live up to a standard'. I want to be like you guys, get as much workout as I can. The problem is, I'm sore, and when I walk around my stomach hurts like hell!

Any ideas?

I think walking ten minutes slowly 6 to 7 times a day would keep tummy from being so sore. Would it help your tummy to have a supported camisole or something like it under your shirt to help keep tummy in place and not bouncing around while you walk? Even if the walking is just around your house back and forth. You def want the exercise to help alleviate gas or acid that can cause ulcers in your new little pouch, blood blots, and honestly my right dude is very tender but after 30 minutes of walking it feels better. I go back and forth between heating pads and a cool pack at night and it feels good!! One day at a time!!

Tanaproma, you need to get up and at least walk whenever you can. I started walking hours after my surgery and haven't stopped. Yes, it hurt but I knew it was best for me. Take baby steps and walk whenever and often as you can. Like that old Christmas song says"

"Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you'll be walking cross the floor
Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you'll be walking out the door"

Mind over matter. Another thing, I always take a bottle of Water with me to drink, when needed (Park or Gym).

Edited by waynerock

Jennifer2575 I also hurt on the right side. I'm glad I'm not alone. It does help to walk. Each day it gets better but today I sneezed. Holy cow the Water works came out and I was crying it hurt so bad. Other then that I'm doing pretty good with fluids and Protein. Today was the first day I made my goal. It's been 6 days since sleeved .

Sw 262

Post surgery 241 today 232

Jennifer2575 I also hurt on the right side. I'm glad I'm not alone. It does help to walk. Each day it gets better but today I sneezed. Holy cow the Water works came out and I was crying it hurt so bad. Other then that I'm doing pretty good with fluids and Protein. Today was the first day I made my goal. It's been 6 days since sleeved . Sw 262 Post surgery 241 today 232

. Your doing fantastic!!!!! Sorry about the sneeze. When I do I push my ride dude in and hold it steady! Ouch!! Great job on getting in your protein!! I'm 4 day preop and got in 1 Protein Shake today and some liquid, it's hard. I'm sick of water and Gatorade, sf Popsicles, etc!!

hey guys I was sleeved on the 8th of April . I am doing much better today I felt just great while I was in the hospital very low on pain, just a little discomfort in the stomach . I was up walking that night and did quite a bit of walking in the hospital it wasn't until after I came home that all the discomfort begin to start . -just restless trying to sleep trying to get comfortable, I'm having a hard time trying to get my fluids in . I get only like 50 ouces of Fluid per day . I'm only hitting about 45 on the Protein but I do a little more each day . I've been walking today I went to the mall , walked around for about a half hour sitting in between yesterday I went to Walmart and walk around but other than that I just get up maybe every 15-20 minutes and just walk from the front of the house to the back and come

back and sit down but I am feeling much better today than I have been. It seems like its getting better and better I have my post op appointment on Monday so I'm hoping that they will move me up to the next stage. I'm not

feeling any hunger. not hungry at all nor am I nor do I have the head hunger so that's a good thing but I have been getting on the scale and I'm only seen like maybe 1 pound gone per day I don't know if that's normal being that I really haven't done a lot of exercise but in time I'm sure it will come . right

now I am eating the Unjury chicken protein broth the Swanson's chicken broth, sugar free popsicles , Crystal Light I'm taking my Vitamins I take maybe half a dose of Tylenol with codeine dose before I go to bed and once

maybe mid day before I go out walking but overall I'm feeling much better just ready to move on to stage 2

<p>I'm actually feeling very well. My surgery was 4-1 and I was home on 4-2. I had almost no pain whatsoever. The week of Clear Liquids was not fun. Towards the 6th or 7th day I was very hungry. I was able to walk about 3/4 mile on 4-3 and as of today, I'm back at the gym doing 45 minutes of cardio (treadmill and elliptical) I don't know how much weight I have lost, but it feels significant. Scheduled for my 2 week postop on Monday. The full liquid diet from day 7-14 has not been terrible. Protein Shakes and cream based Soups have been enough to satisfy me. Definitely looking forward to progressing to soft mushy foods on day 14. Good luck.</p>

I am3 days post op. Waiting and waiting Togo home. They say my phosphors islow

I was sleeved 3/31. Just started mushie food and am feeling great. I walk everyday, but not the marathon sessions some of you guys are logging. 15 minutes on the treadmill and then a walk around my neighborhood for about 20 minutes. My goal is to get up to an hour in the next week. Getting the Protein and Fluid in makes a big difference on my fatigue and clarity of thought. I have been able to eat more than I expected, about 1/4 cup of mushie food - cottage cheese, refried Beans, mashed potatoes. When I am full, I start getting hiccups. I eat a string cheese stick between meals and have enjoyed those a lot. Now they come in lots of flavors - cracked black pepper, jalepeno, pizza! I am eating small amounts of Protein about 4-5 times a day, which is what I feel is healthy. All of the Water additives taste strange to me since I had surgery, so I'm just drinking Water, water, water.

Thank you Jennifer2575 and waynerock!

I'm a lot less sore today, I can walk without croching, so I feel like that's a huge plus! And I think getting in 5-6 ten minute sessions in the treadmill every day is a lot better than forcing myself to strain at the gym. The doctor told me I'm not allowed to do anything, besides walk, walk, and walk. <3 I do chores around the house too, so there's that.

As far as food is going, some of you guys are SO lucky. I can only get in two Protein shakes and about three bottles of Water a day. Well, I can eat more if I try, but I don't like straining myself. Plus the Multivitamins, the gas meds, -- there's a lot of stuff to take before attempting to eat in between.

So can someone answer me this? How often do you guys sip Water? Every sixty seconds? Every five minutes? How does that work exactly?

Tanaproma, I had my surgery on April 1st. I sip Water, crystal light, herbal tea, strained cream Soup and Protein shake every 1 - 5 minutes, depend on how I feeling. I drink something every hour, 4 oz - 5 oz per hour. I still have to take gas pills here and there, I get real bad gas and the pills are great. Today I am going to try Beano before my shakes to see if that helps.

lessstomachmoreme, I had my surgery on April 1st, so a day after yours. I do not start real food yet.. My doctor to me not to start real food till Day 21, he want to make sure stomach heal.

Here is my schedule:

PHASE 1: Clear liquid diet (Days 1 - 7)

PHASE 2: Full Liquid Protein Diet (Days 8 - 21) - I am still on this phase till Sunday 4.20.2014

PHASE 3: pureed & Blenderized Protein Diet (Days 22 - 36) Food must be Blenderized.