Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stop the Whining Over A Few Miserable Days!

Theoldmeagain....now that explains why we are on the same level...I was not military but I was a military brat we are taught to stand strong...don t show weakness and we can do anything we set our minds too. Good luck on your journey!

Nope, where I say that? That comment was in reasons to a poster saying come back in a year implying I might feel or think differently. I was letting him know I won't. People can have regrets all that want. But if they having them over a some nausea and pain then I wonder if they were really ready for WLS or at least researched it well enough.

You must need attention and are trolling. You can't possibly be serious.

Theoldmeagain....now that explains why we are on the same level...I was not military but I was a military brat we are taught to stand strong...don t show weakness and we can do anything we set our minds too. Good luck on your journey!

Hoorah!!

Your only as strong as you need to be. With this surgery strength comes into play big time. I learned so much from being in the military. It made me a stronger person and taught me life best lessons. Good luck to you on yours too. We got this for sure!!

I, too, am all about sucking it up and dealing with life. There's a big "No Whining" sign in my kitchen. I quit reading any post with the words "liquid diet sucks", "help", "desperate", "stall", "regrets" or "will this get better" in the title. More often than not they are whiners repeating what has already been whined about a hundred other times. If they were truly seeking help and advise, they could use the search option and find their answers.

WLS is a major surgery with major lifestyle changes required. Don't do it if 1) you don't know what these things mean and 2) aren't prepared to deal with all the possible complications no matter how small or huge..... Diarrhea, Constipation, food aversions, hunger pains, nausea, GERD, leaks, infections, more surgeries, etc. I'm not belittling people who have to go through these things, it just would be nice if everyone handled them with the strength and attitude and grace of someone like RJ, rather than whine about regretting this surgery because they are hungry 2 weeks post op and can't stand the taste of Protein shakes anymore.

Thanks for letting me tag onto your rant. I'm sure I'll lose some popularity points, but good thing I don't care!

Personally I think as with any life changing decisions we make there will be moments of self doubt. It just so happens that the sleeve surgery I am going to go through in July is irreversible. I have researched and read and am friends with 4 people who have gone through it. But until I personally go through it how can I possibly be 100% prepared for the entire emotional roller coaster ride I'm in for? I just hope that when the day comes if need be there's someone on here not getting frustrated because I posted something they've read before or feel I shouldn't be posting it because I should have known what I was getting in to. I have been watching YouTube videos reading on here reading books I have real life people who I work with for personal reference. But I know I will have my moments that I fall apart and need support .

Don't judge by a few posts you see. We are all human, and none of us a perfect. We get sick, frustrated, and we have our moments, hours or days. But you will overwhelmingly find all the support you need here, and wonderful friends. Best of luck.

my only suggestion is suck it up you chose to have the surgery no one is forcing u, with that said read up on it good and bad. It is not fun there will be pain but in the end its a journey worth going thru I have no problem giving advice but there will be those out there whinning just to get the attention but that's in everyday life too. If you have question ask them, need advice ask, but don t let few days of pain second guess a good thing.... Good luck you will make it thru it keep your mind on the prize

Don't judge by a few posts you see. We are all human, and none of us a perfect. We get sick, frustrated, and we have our moments, hours or days. But you will overwhelmingly find all the support you need here, and wonderful friends. Best of luck.

Not judging. Just voicing my opinion. I can't wait for this surgery! Very excited to get this going. I love all of the views on here because it makes you think about so much more than what you may have otherwise. I'm not an attention getter type. I do worry that I'll be scared as the days grow closer to surgery but I am committed and thanks to so many on here I know it'll pass and hopefully with great success. For all of us!

I go into surgery tomorrow. And I have to say THANK YOU to all the people that have posted a rant or a complaint or a complication because it has prepared me. Everyone is different but I like to hear both sides. Some people need support, some just need some advise, some need someone to just listen. So I say rant away, believe me that it helps a lot of people to know what others are going through. The hair loss, the gas pain, the walking to make it better, all those things I learned from people ranting. I go into surgery tomorrow, and I will probably rant about something who knows. I know I will be doing my rant here because I am a single mom and I don't want to bother or scare my kids with my rants so this forum of "sleeved stranger friends" is where I'd be doing all my ranting...So everyone...please keep me in your prayers, and send good vibes my way...tomorrow I will be sleeved and most likely will become a RANTER...LOL

Best of luck to you Jenelle, from one who's coming up right behind you on April 21st. My daughter means the world to me and I am looking forward to all the new things we can do together. Prayers & a safe journey to you!

So because YOU don't believe in regrets, people aren't allowed to have them? INTERESTING!! ;)

Nope, where I say that? That comment was in reasons to a poster saying come back in a year implying I might feel or think differently. I was letting him know I won't.

People can have regrets all that want. But if they having them over a some nausea and pain then I wonder if they were really ready for WLS or at least researched it well enough.

They may not have or may not have realized how emotional this process would have been for them. Like you, I had/have no regrets. That doesn't take away from the validity of someone else's.

I'm sad for those who have food regrets, emotional regrets, physical regrets. I don't understand them, to be honest, but I certainly can't be irritated by their true feelings because I am not walking in their shoes.

:)

Mmmm ranting. Human nature. We have become some what spoiled I guess never getting passed the need for imidiacy. When we want something we want it now possibly yesterday? In our minds we say ya I got this, no problem. Im going to breeze through this. Even with all we have read or heard others tell us about what to expect we still are in silent denial. Oh that happened to her or him but I will be ok. Im tough I got this. Well then its now your day and guess what? This sucks big time! But we all will get through it and move on. I will be there on April 22nd and I will probably be whining like a little baby but I know I'll be glad. Glad that I did this for me and glad that I am strong enough to see it through. Thanks :-) Val

I, too, am all about sucking it up and dealing with life. There's a big "No Whining" sign in my kitchen. I quit reading any post with the words "liquid diet sucks", "help", "desperate", "stall", "regrets" or "will this get better" in the title. More often than not they are whiners repeating what has already been whined about a hundred other times. If they were truly seeking help and advise, they could use the search option and find their answers. WLS is a major surgery with major lifestyle changes required. Don't do it if 1) you don't know what these things mean and 2) aren't prepared to deal with all the possible complications no matter how small or huge..... Diarrhea, Constipation, food aversions, hunger pains, nausea, GERD, leaks, infections, more surgeries, etc. I'm not belittling people who have to go through these things, it just would be nice if everyone handled them with the strength and attitude and grace of someone like RJ, rather than whine about regretting this surgery because they are hungry 2 weeks post op and can't stand the taste of Protein Shakes anymore. Thanks for letting me tag onto your rant. I'm sure I'll lose some popularity points, but good thing I don't care!

Beautifully stated. I second you on not caring part. Popularity is for high school and public figures anyway, lol.

Mmmm ranting. Human nature. We have become some what spoiled I guess never getting passed the need for imidiacy. When we want something we want it now possibly yesterday? In our minds we say ya I got this, no problem. Im going to breeze through this. Even with all we have read or heard others tell us about what to expect we still are in silent denial. Oh that happened to her or him but I will be ok. Im tough I got this. Well then its now your day and guess what? This sucks big time! But we all will get through it and move on. I will be there on April 22nd and I will probably be whining like a little baby but I know I'll be glad. Glad that I did this for me and glad that I am strong enough to see it through. Thanks :-) Val

Hi Valarie best wishes for your upcoming surgery. Even though I'm ranting about something I find annoying I'm usually a very supportive person. We all have things that we just have to get off our chest.

Edited by TheOldMeAgain

Maybe not regretting maybe more reality sets in and it's time to see what we're made of. Instead of saying wow I wish I never did this, I'm going to try to remember this post and say OK this is it and now deal with it and move forward. I hope I'm this strong!

I don't know you and I think your attitude is wonderful for now. I am one of those that paid big time for this and still have complications after 17 months.. I wish this on no one, ever. You may think that you have it all sewed up because you are handling things right now, but you don't say that you will just deal with it...I worked my ass off for this sleeve and almost died for it. But I would never make the statement that I would just deal with whatever comes. To be honest. You don't know what will come or what won't because it is your trip, no one else. I think if someone feels pain they have a right to say if they need to. some just need to say it and hear it is okay. No one ever thinks that it will be them that has the real difficulties. I rolled the dice and won the lottery of 14 surgeries, coma and a hell of a lot more. Rant all you want. But for me I Celebrate the easy victories everyone has because no one is really ready for the opposite. not even you hun!

That's great you survived your hardships. As you said you don't know me. I know from past experiences I can get past anything. I had to fight tooth and nail to get cleared psychologically because of some of the things I experienced while deployed. But I overcame and proved one psych doc wrong and here I am. Doing better than those that got approved right away. Your blues are not mine but I don't throw a pity party. I tell myself that is the past and it will not hinder me. It's what I do next that defines me. So yes I can rant about whiners. It's my right to in this thread. This is the Perfect Place.

I don't think some comprehend what I said or that just read whine and get offended. If your going to rant & rave, whine, do it, whatever make you feel better. My POINT is that REGRETTING surgery over a few Expected Temporary symptoms is unnecessary whining. That is bit much. Maybe they weren't really ready for this Serious surgery.

When I am on here my goal is to help, educate and enlighten those who need support in one way or another. I hope that others will help, educate and enlighten me as well. I don't throw a pity party for myself and never have. If I did I would not have made it..OKAY!

Taking my experience and putting it into a pretty little blues package was very hard of you. Just because you are military does not give you the right to be a Drill Sargent on here. I am happy that you can stick it out and will push aside anything that might get in your way. That is a great attitude. But not everyone is as strong as you. Are they not allowed to express how they feel as you are allowed. Stepping up to the plate will be a fine example if you endure any hardships over your decision to have WLS. But until you do....Anytime now or in the future, you cannot guarantee that you will handle it perfectly just because you were taught to endure...Life has a way of kicking us in the arse when we think we have it all together and humbles us once again..

If someone wants to tell me on here that they are having trouble even with the first issues of WLS. I will chose to either reply or pass over it. You can do the same!