Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been checking my blood sugar all week and it has come down a hundred points. It's still high but it's not over 250 fasting in the morning, like it has been. All week its been hovering around 150-160. I am wondering what my A1c is now. The last time it was checked it was 9.8.

Seems to be a lot of people very afraid of the pre op diet. I will have to start mine in a couple weeks. Most of us are afraid of failure. We didn't get to this point because we were overly successful in past diet attempts. I am going to do my best to not think about how long I have to do it, or what I am not allowed to eat. I am going to look at it like an addict. One day at a time. But more like one hour at a time. Just have to get through it, failure is not an option this time. Good luck to everyone in this stage, and see you all on the other side! we can do it, we will do it, because our life depends on it! ..... Surgery on June 10th.

I have been on a diet similar to my pre-op diet since March 10th. The only difference is the amount of calories I can take in. I am not afraid of the pre-op diet. I have read where people have a fatty liver and the surgeon will just close you up if they run into that. I know since I am following my diet, that the chances of this happening are slim. I do worry about it though.

I'm not having my gallbladder out. I do understand the whole not buying clothing thing. In February I made the mistake of buying some new clothes. I took advantage of some very good bra sales from Lane Bryant. I have 15 of them. I have no idea what I am going to do with them after they are to big. Can bras even be donated to the goodwill or place like that? I had planned on donating my clothing that become to big. I am glad I kept most of my clothes that are to small. I will be a little bit outdated, it's better than having to a new wardrobe every month.

I won't be having my gallbladder out either. I've never had any problems but my surgeon puts his patients on meds to prevent gallbladder problems.

My handbook doesn't say anything about meds for gallstones. I am going to check into this at my pre-op.

I have to say I am thankful I only have a 3 day liquid diet prior to surgery and not two weeks!! More power to those who must endure that endeavor. My doctor never mentioned anything about removing my gall bladder...

does any one know how common this is and the chance of having problems with the gall bladder if not removed after surgery??

I have been checking my blood sugar all week and it has come down a hundred points. It's still high but it's not over 250 fasting in the morning, like it has been. All week its been hovering around 150-160. I am wondering what my A1c is now. The last time it was checked it was 9.8.

down 100 points @@jtickle that is awesome!!!! definitely something to be proud of.

@@Luckyinluv yayy!!! I have pre-op on May 30th for the Endoscopy on June 6th - a nutrition consultation on June 9th and surgery June 30th!

I have to say I am thankful I only have a 3 day liquid diet prior to surgery and not two weeks!! More power to those who must endure that endeavor. My doctor never mentioned anything about removing my gall bladder...

does any one know how common this is and the chance of having problems with the gall bladder if not removed after surgery??

At the seminar I went to, the surgeon did mention gallbladder issues from the rapid weight loss due to WLS. He did say it was fairly common. It is even mentioned in my handbook. He doesn't prescribe anything for gallbladder issues like some of the member's surgeons do. Honestly I kinda wish they would take it out when they do my bypass. I have had 6 surgeries on my back and I really don't want to have multiple surgeries on abdominal region.

At the seminar I went to, the surgeon did mention gallbladder issues from the rapid weight loss due to WLS. He did say it was fairly common. It is even mentioned in my handbook. He doesn't prescribe anything for gallbladder issues like some of the member's surgeons do. Honestly I kinda wish they would take it out when they do my bypass. I have had 6 surgeries on my back and I really don't want to have multiple surgeries on abdominal region.

Yeah this is something I am interested in asking about now..when I go for my second insurance weigh in on Friday I am going to bring it up.

Yeah this is something I am interested in asking about now..when I go for my second insurance weigh in on Friday I am going to bring it up.

My friend took the meds and still needed hers out. I am hoping that this doesn't happen to me,I haven't had any gallbladder issues in the past.

Well, I fell off the diet horse this weekend. We had cheeseburgers at home, so I had one. It tasted so good. Now I climb slowly back up on that horse. It was fun while it lasted.

Well, I fell off the diet horse this weekend. We had cheeseburgers at home, so I had one. It tasted so good. Now I climb slowly back up on that horse. It was fun while it lasted.

Don't let it get ya down. Just climb on back up, you're doing great.

I had my gallbladder out years ago thankfully. Any other dates for June 9? I have pre op June 2. I was not told about a preop diet at all. I do are a Protein Shake every day for my lunch. I was traveling last week and drove through the night. I had 2 lg Dunkin Dounuts iced coffee with espresso... Mind you I don't drink coffee regularly. Have an iced coffee from home and I was afraid of giving it up . After all that coffee and driving... No taste for it now. I was at a Traders Joes and they had Water with get this... Cucumber and parsley... I never had parsley in m drink.. And it was REFRESHING .

More scared of not eating foods. Love my water!a d I'm down Four pounds... Wahoo!