Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Maziemommy:

Thanks for the recipe - it sounds really good! How are you doing with your new band? How are you feeling?

Have you heard anything about unjury Protein? They passed out samples at our last support meeting and it tasted pretty good. I am considering ordering some online today or tomorrow.

Have a nice Easter!

shelli

Shelli - I am doing great with my new band- feeling good - only taking liquid tylenol - over the counter kind- no prescription. I have been very active since day one. Are you pre-op? When did/do you get your band? I have heard of Unjury but never tried.

hi maziemommy,

all my paperwork, tests, etc. was submitted to the surgeons office four weeks ago and I have not received any feedback yet to see when I will be scheduled. the waiting is getting kind of frustrating as I thought I was to be banded in March. I never thought I would be entertaining on Easter that is for sure. I am going to call the surgeons office tomorrow and see what is happening to my file, insurance approval, etc.

I might order some unjury so I will let you know how it tastes.

I am glad to hear that you are doing great. I am looking forward to watching your progress. How much have you lost so far??

shelli:) :help:

thanks ibchelle76,

I will try the shakes you recommended. Your not banded yet either???

Shelli- did you call the office to find out about progress? Have you been approved/denied anything? Waiting eagerly to hear an update!

Hi maziemommy,

I am a little depressed because I just found out from the surgeons office that I was not approved for the surgery. They need more information from my PCP. So I called my PCP and told them to fax this information asap to the surgeon who in turn will resubmit to the insurance company. I will do anything they want to have this surgery because I know it is what I need to live a longer, healthier life.

I really appreciate your followup note to me and I hope you are doing great!!!

I am not giving up yet. I will jump thru any hoops they want me to to get this approved.:confused:

Thanks

shelli

Shelli- sometimes, I think they just like to watch desparate people, jump through hoops, for their entertainment!! Sick isn't it!! I hope with just a little more paper work, and a little more time, - someone somewhere, at a desk, will get bored after lunch, and just go ahead and confirm that you can have surgery! Won't that be a good day for you!!!???!!! I hope it happens for you tomorrow!!!

I saw the doctor today, for my 1 week follow up, post surgery... and I am on to the mushies.... I had pintos and cheese (from taco bell) for lunch, on the ride home!!! A big ole' baked potato for dinner and it was delish!!!(overbaked/real soft) and chew chew chew too! I had the dinner by 6ish and it's now 9ish and I am still full!!! No late Snacks for me!! Yesturday was my birthday- excuse to cheat a little-with fish- I confessed to the doc. and he said, it's OK but don't go home and eat a chicken breast today!!!! Stay on soft moist foods! My fill is set for Thursday, May17th,- I think? I can't wait- my hunger is starting to come back already!! I've lost 24# and don't want to regain it waiting to get my fills right!

Good luck and health to you!

:lol: Hi maziemommy, your note cheered me up. Thank you! Not to worry though I am determined to fight this ins. setback with all my might. Sounds like you are doing fantastic - 24 pounds down you are definitely on your way. Sounds like your doc has less stringent rules for post op as we have to be on liquid diet for three weeks after surgery, then three weeks pureed, then three weeks soft and mushy, and then we can introduce solid foods. Count your blessings!!! Have you had any PBs yet or Sliming??? Are you scared about your fills? Everyone says there not too bad. Did you have to drink high Protein Shakes? What was your favorite? Keep up the good work and I'll talk to you real soon.

shelli:girl_hug:

I have not had any PB's or sliming. I am not scared about my first fill, but anxious. He has fills done, only under flourscopy(spelling?) and so I know they will "hit" it, and monitor how well liquid goes down. I have not lost any more since surgery... but some gain due to fluids/IV. I am just waiting to get my fills started, before I really start counting pounds!!! I like a variety of Protein drinks... pineapple orange drink is great and for shakes... I would have to say all time favorite... Atkins Advantage? I have different ones depending on when/where/ why I need one. Some are too sweet, sometimes I drink the fruit flavor drinks instead of shakes! There is a hot chocolate that is great for a warm change.

As far as different directions/post op diets... some doctors put in the band differently. Some have additional precautions for good reason. I have been surprised to hear how different all doctors are for a similar procedure.GOOD LUCK WITH ALL YOUR STUFF!