Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Throwing up white foam?!?

Hey guys... I'm 3 weeks out on mushy foods and today I went for a long walk and since I got back everything I eat or drink comes back up... It's like a thick white foam and saliva.. What did I do to myself?

Hi, I have that happen to me too, and I'm 2.5 months out. It always accompanies something that doesn't agree with me stomach. First my mouth fills up with saliva, then I vomit with the foam or slime. So wonderful.

Well.. That makes me feel better. I did have mashed sweet potatoes today and I haven't tried those yet so... Maybe that was it.

FOAMIES, I have no idea what the medical explanation for barfing foam is but I know it happens to tons of sleevers I'm about 9 months post op and it really doesn't happen much at all now, it was more common the first month.

Yep, had that happen to me too, when I ate broiled fish too fast. Caught me completely off guard. Someone around here always says "Never trust a burp". Amen to that.

Be well…

Just happened to me. I think I ate my fish too fast. This was the first time it happened to me. I am 9 weeks out and hope it doesn't happen again.

It's the foamies or sliming. Your stomach is so full there is not room for the saliva your mouth produces to go down so it backs up. So gross! I got it from eating too fast or eating too much.

Lynda

Happened to me too, only once in the first week but I learned early on if my stomach don't like something I will know almost immediately that's why I pace my food or drink intake.and since my doctor told me I could only accommodate 4 oz in my stomach I don't put no more than that at any given time. I'm 4 weeks out and feel good. Good luck and feel better let your tummy speak to you

I can't even get 1 ounce in right now and I am almost 4 weeks out.

Yep, its called dumping and I did it and I did not like it, lol. I had my episode after drinking some undiluted Powerade by mistake, totally forget. But mine was accompanied by diarrhea. Lesson learned, I hope.

I was chewing on some gum the other day and was experiencing a lot of foam in the back of my throat. I didn't throw up but it was weird. I will stay away from that too.

I'm a year out and just this week I had something that didn't agree with me and I was puking the foamies in the parking lot after dinner. Usually it's when I have a very dense Protein such as chicken breast or salmon, but this week I think it was from a bite of very sugary dessert I had. It happened occassionally during my first few months, then not at all for several months, and then the last month or two it's happened about 4-5 times. I tried to resist throwing up, but that just prolongs the misery...puke, get it over with, and you'll feel better almost immediately. :)

Yep, I get this when I eat too fast or am eating something way too heavy. I'm just over 5 weeks out and kept throwing up last week. Finally realized I was eating a quiche I had made that was just way too heavy for my stomach. Now I eat slowly, chew a lot, don't eat processed meats (the ham in the quiche set me off), and stop before I'm full.

I tell you. I read these post for months before my surgery and I saw VERY little bad stuff. NOW, it seems I see it all the time? Really don't understand this? YES, I am 27 days out from gastric bypass surgery and I have been foaming and vomitting for the past 7 days. I was scoped and stretched on the 22nd and it helped for ONE day, then on Christmas Eve I spent the night in the bathroom HEAVING. It was so beyond awful. Mine was so bad we had to page the doctor

on Christmas eve. I did ok on the 25th and 26th but now on the 27th I am foaming and heaving all over again. I tell you, I am exhausted. Once I get past this it is Clear Liquids only for about a week. I am so tired at this point. AND, I am eating NOTHING I should not be eating. UGH

Happens when you don't wait the 30 min before or after eating, eating too fast or too much, and fatty foods will cause foaming and nausea . For me it has been butter!

Ugh the dreaded foamies! Everytime I don't pay attention and eat too fast!!

Yep! Happened first time yesterday. I'm on day 19 and ate creamed spinach at Boston Market. Bad decision. Vomited once with food and second time foam. Very painful. Not trying that again. Must be too much fat in there.