Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in May

Mickey 29 congrats on your choice to be healthy, I would do all the house cleaning and washing and make some dinners and freeze them for later. That way you are not stress about what the kids are hoping to eat you can just pop it in the oven to warm.

Hello everyone, I am new to the group and I will be having RNY on May 16th. This has been an extremely long process for me as I'm sure some of you can relate to lol. I just got my date yesterday! I am so excited and I'm looking for a buddy in May to do this with.

Good evening everyone I hope that your week is going well, I go to work everyday smiling because I know that i am one more day until surgery on May 5, counting the days and smiling along the way.

I am scheduled for May 5th or Cinco de mayo for RNY also. I am 37 years old and have an 11 year old son. I have been married to my hubby for 13 years. My entire family is extremely supportive and excited for me which is awesome. I have been looking into WLS surgery since 2008. At that time my Dr. said even though I qualify my HMO wouldn't pay. So I lost 102 pounds on my own. Everything was going great but then I began having excruciating hip pain. Went from 8 hours at the gym per week to nothing. My right hip is completely torn. I was a dancer for many many years and the ortho said my injury,which is more complicated than I've described, happens to many dancers later in life. I gained 65 pounds back. I was completely restricted. During my 6 month pre-surgery program I lost 18 pounds. So I have kept a total of 55 pounds off. I have many medical conditions that are going to benefit from the RNY including my hip. Excited to get to know you all!!

Hi everyone, I originally thought I might be in June but I may be in May as well :)

Hi cutipie! What day in May is your surgery?

Welcome and congrats to you all, this is an exciting time getting ready for surgery the finish line is drawing closer. Is anyone afraid here thought these dates will never come I know I did but I kept my eye on the prize because I know my day is vomiting g just like yours we all deserve this. So congrats again and remember we are all here for each other .

Thanks cupcake! This process took 9 months for me so the time is flying by for me since I got my date last week. I'm so excited I've already packed for the hospital! Lol

Edited by niasia33

It is very exciting but also understandably scary. For years now I have had to endure so many challenges. I was molested as a child (that's when I started getting a bit chubby) then my first husband was killed right before my very eyes and lastly I had severe post-partum depression. I have been working so so hard internally for many years. I have been blessed to be able go share my story and help others. Now it's time for the external me. When I think about it, one word comes to mind, RESTORATION. How about you guys?

Hi cutipie! What day in May is your surgery?

I shall be finding out soon :)

Hi everyone --- I'm Stacie. I'm having surgery sometime in May -- I do my last weigh-in on April 25. I have been researching Vitamins as well. I still have 8 pounds to lose before my surgery, but my surgeon doesn't require the liquid diet before surgery but if these last few pounds don't come off soon I may do it anyway. Nice to meet everyone!

Hi May Peeps!!!! I got my date today. I'm having RNY on May 5. I'm so excited/scared all at the same time. I'm glad to finally belong to a group. :)

My surgery is booked for May 6th with one of the fat doctors from the TV show here in the UK - but Im terrified of blood clots, bleeding, hernias adhesions, ruptures and god knows what else, am I doing the right thing? Does this surgery fix you short term but decrease your life expectancy because of lots of long term side effects from having your digestive system re built?

I have had a gastric band, I lost 6 stone (14 pounds in a stone) anyway, I looked and felt great, went and lived in LA for fun, and was an american size zero, worked out in the gym every day, and felt fab, then my dad died, I came back here to the UK, and then the climate and food and misery got to me, no more gym - replaced it with cakes, anyway, then my band slipped, and in Jan this year had it removed, now, Im back where I swore I would never be.... what do I do, do I dare to go ahead with what they say is more risky revision surgery or do I just slip into my fat invisible world.....