Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Puréed stage food ideas

I will be on the puréed stage on Friday. Does anybody have any good food ideas?

"Blender" -_-

Puree chicken and top with marinera sauce and mozzarella cheese; refried black Beans and cheese with a dash of taco seasoning; greek yogurt with sugar free Jello powder; greek yogurt with PB2 powder and truvia, you can top with sugar free smuckers chocolate syrup; tuna salad; egg salad; These are some of the things that got me through!

I'm right there with you. Can't wait to try the ricotta bake. I'm hungry!

I just made the ricotta bake, so yummy! (Especially after the liquids.) Also I puréed refried Beans and turkey chili. Good luck!

How long did you wait to try those? I'm cleared for puréed but I'm nervous since I feel so full with puréed Soups. I'm hungry but then instantly full. I am really wanting to move forward but I feel like I need to be a little farther out to try it. I had my surgery last Thursday.

Cream or Puréed Soups with added Protein Powder (split pea and bean soups have a lot of Protein without adding extra) blended tuna salad with mustard, mashed potatoes with added protein powder, plain Greek yogurt with puréed peaches or bananas or mangos (the pre-flavored yogurts were way too sweet for me) guacamole, hummus, laughing cow cheeses, Huevos rancheros made with refried Beans, egg whites and green chili, mashed sweet potatoes with added protein powder, puréed cauliflower, no sugar added applesauce. I also had bought some SF pudding, but I was sick of sweet stuff by then.

How long did you wait to try those? I'm cleared for puréed but I'm nervous since I feel so full with puréed Soups. I'm hungry but then instantly full. I am really wanting to move forward but I feel like I need to be a little farther out to try it. I had my surgery last Thursday.

I didn't get to start puréed until day 18 and even then it took about a week before I could eat more than 2 tablespoons. Then felt major restriction again when I started soft foods at 28 days. I just took everything slow, overlapped my stages and only ate what I was comfortable with even if something was an "approved" food.< /p>

Mashed Potatoes with a couple of spoons of cream of chicken Soup on top. oatmeal with a dash of cinnamon and stevia or other sweetener. Dannon's light and fit greek yogurt ... vanilla. the individual containers not the large containers has no sugar in it and is low carb. My dr. won't let me have the chicken salad or tuna, refriend Beans or any of that stuff yet. My favorite meal is southwestern style egg beaters I add a little almond milk in it to make the eggs soft as I had problems eating them at first , The milk makes them soft and then I eat it with a wedge of laughing cow cheese.... Also you can take the egg beaters. Measure 1/4 cup and pour into a muffin or mini cupcake pan after you spray it with non stick cooking spray. Bake in toaster oven at 350 until egg rises and is firm and a little brown on top.... it's like a frittata.... and it's yummy. you can either mix the laughing cow cheese in the egg mix or spread it on top of the baked egg when done. It's very yummy but be careful if you bake the egg like a frittata that you eat it slowly.... I can't wait until my five week check up when I'll get to add some real Protein foods like ground turkey, soft chicken...or ground beef, low fat cheese and a few more things..... I am tired of yoghurt and all that but i make the best of it..... I can't have all the foods that some of the others here are allowed on athis stage. I wonder why each doctor has different foods in the phases.... I guess it's good to be careful. I don't think I could tolerate any salsa at this time. I'm afraid to try fat free refried beans.... I think it would make me more gassy than i already am...

Take it slow Crazy Janey..... I wasn't allowed pureed foods until one week after surgery and then i had to take it very slow at first. Now i can eat a little more without difficulty but still have to stay on the pureed diet for at least nine more days until my five week check up.... it seems like Ive been on liquids and pureed foods forever..... Take it easy with your new pouch..... don't force feed. Stop when you are full or uncomfortable. My doctor told me to just eat one new food at a time per meal..... that seemed to work for me

I just made the ricotta bake, so yummy! (Especially after the liquids.) Also I puréed refried Beans and turkey chili. Good luck!

Thanks everyone some great ideas, I will go to bed dreaming about Friday lol

These are all great ideas! Thanks! I find out tomorrow if I get to progress to puréed food. Here's hoping!

CrazyJaney, I did 4 days (in the hospital) of clears liquid, two full weeks of full liquids, and a couple days of trying yogurt and puréed cottage cheese etc. I really am a rule girl. Even with the ricotta bake I let it cool slightly then purée it so the mozzarella isn't too stringy. :) I made two Soups before surgery and froze them, a lentil and black bean. They purée nicely and have Protein and Fiber. I really don't like canned food but the Hormel 98% fat free chili, mixed with the refried Beans was great too. I got silicone ice cube trays at Target and they hold two tablespoons each. That way I can freeze the the leftovers in freezer bags. So many great ideas from all of you, thanks!!!

So glad for this thread! I'm on pureed foods until Good Friday. But here's what I've been able to come up with so far:

Made homemade chicken Soup (chicken breast, carrot, celery and onion) and pureed the whole thing in the blender. Tastes like cream of chicken Soup. I purchased really nice italian glass jars on Amazon (4oz each), and use those for storage.

Last night for St. Paddy's day, I purchased corned beef and cabbage from a local food market. I pureed the meat, and spread it into a ramekin. Then I pureed the carrot and cabbage, and spread that on top of the meat. Threw out the soda bread and gave the potatoes to the dog (LOL). It was pretty tasty, but not something I'd do again.

I've heard plain greek yogurt mixed with FF/SF cheesecake pudding mix is amazing.

A new favorite for me: liver paté

Broiled sea bass with crabmeat… then pureed with a bit of tartar sauce.

Scrambled egg whites with Sriracha sauce. Yum.

Boiled chicken (pureed) with a little mushroom gravy on top. Yum.

Be well...

I just took a premade jar of Tuscan chicken and White Bean Soup (only used about half) and added 2 Tb of Black Beans. Purred it, strained it and added a wedge of laughing cow (mozzarella and sun dried). I mushed up the cheese and made sure it was liquid before swallowing. It was heaven! I'm so tired of soup and shakes but this was good!