Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to Bypass discussion

Hi all!

How is everyone doing?

I have lost 30 pds so far. Gosh this is a slow process!!

This Friday I leave for Disneyworld for a week (for my 30th bday!!)

I am def hoping to sweat and lose some weight with all the walking I will be doing.

Anyone having any more difficulties as the weeks go by?

:)

Hi Heidi. I am down 40 as of this morning. Its very slow and since I'm having something stuck the past few days, very little goes down. My husband assures me it will eventually pass. (He is a yr out) but I'm tired and about ready to go get it scoped out. Other than this I have been doing good. I run 4 miles every morning. Wearing size 8-10

Yesterday after work was my first appointment in my surgeon's office since my surgery February 10. He has a "satelite" office about ten minutes from where I live, which is how I came to know of him. Had I realized what a pain it would be to have a surgeon who for most things is a good hour and a half away, I would rethink my choice. But I do adore him, and everyone in his office, and I know that counts for a lot.

Turns out my surgeon wasn't even IN yesterday, but I met with the PA (whom I love and trust). With a worried expression I got weighed in (down 19 since Feb 10), and shared my concerns with her.

* worried that since I don't feel "full" when I eat as much as 3/4 cup of something, maybe I've already stretched my pouch.

* worried that since some people say my pouch may be bigger as a result of the revision from band (on account of scarring), maybe that's why I'm not losing as much as I thought I would.

*worried that maybe I'm not "doing it right"

*worried because I'm so darned tired all the time - the only negative about this surgery experience being that I'm really exhausted after work, much more than I thought I'd be six weeks out.

She told me that my pouch is not bigger, that, if anything, revisions sometimes are smaller.

She told me that she, too, lost a lot slower after revision (from band) and that she, too, was very perplexed by how different the two surgeries make you feel (as to hunger and fullness).

She told me that I'm doing great, and actually encouraged me to eat MORE whole foods.

Turns out in relating what I've been eating, during the school week I drink a shake for Breakfast (easy, quick, lots of protein) and a shake for lunch (same!), and only have a "real food" for dinner. She says she wants me to have only one shake a day, and perhaps even drink that as a snack.

She also told me that it took her about six months (after the bypass) to feel "restriction" ... meaning to feel like her pouch only held a little bit of food. And now she's just about always totally full eating 1/2 cup to at most 1 cup of food. Totally full.

She also told me not to sweat ONE BIT the fact that I drink about a half a cup of real coffee every day, or that I've had a half glass of wine a couple of times when I went out. I'm drinking plenty of Water, doing everything I'm told, taking my Vitamins, and it's all as it should be.

I just wanted to be skinny again TODAY heheheh.

Doer,

Invaluable information! Thank you sooooooo much for sharing. Those are my exact questions. I will tell you I am freezing and exhausted all the time. I go to the gym everyday but boy am I wiped out come night time. Unfortunately I've now added lactose intolerance to my repertoire. All my safe foods like yogurt and LF cheese sticks are no longer safe. Just about everything has milk in it. Congrats on your weight loss. I have finally accepted my weight loss would be slower and I'm ok with it as long as I continue to lose a little. This hasn't been an easy road. I have no idea who ever said it was, was crazy! Thank you again so much for sharing.

Try the clear Isopure from GNC