Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

The nurse just called with all my appointments and classes between now and the 17th, six in all. I had no idea it would be so many plus she still has one more to add. I've already had four. Does everyone else have this many?

One more week of eating and then it's liquid land for me. The temtation to eat everything in sight is getting mighty strong!

I'm scheduled for 5/14!!! I'm very VERY excited.

My Dr does not require a 2 week pre op diet... only 2 days of Clear Liquids before. I'm already dieting and exercising but I think I'll take it upon myself to do a 2 week Protein Shake pre op. Cant hurt, right?

What they told me is that the two weeks of Liquid Protein for two meals per day and then a third meal of meat and veggies was to SHRINK THE LIVER. This is because the liver can get in the way and get nicked during surgery. It also helps with getting into the new appetite routine. I was not told I had to lose any weight, although I am sure I will lose something.

About appts.... I had a whole day of appts so far including surgery information, nutrition information, instructions on all the pre-op stuff, meeting the surgeon (I had actually already met him), and having a psych eval. Then, within 10 days before surgery I have to get a regular physician or PA to do a pre-op screening appt, to make sure that my heart is okay and all that stuff. I have to wait to do that until my ins. approves the surgery or else they won't pay for that appt either. So I am looking at having that appt. sometime around the 30th or the 1st. I also have to pre-pay for the post-op nutrition classes to ensure that I will attend them. They are required.

All of these appointments make this so much more real. It's exciting and scary all at the same time. I wonder how much of this is head surgery as well as a physical surgery. I really hope I can change both!

they are very excited to have a mom who will be able to shop at the cool stores. I want them to be proud of me and not embarrassed of my weight.

I so totally understand!!!!! My oldest is 10 (going on 16) and she will be so happy when I will take her to the mall and have a girls day out with a little more self esteem (of my own I mean). Not to mention without the aching feet, legs, and back to complain about!!! I can't wait to be able to play with my kids again. They are going to love it and so am I.

I can't wait to be able to play with my kids again. They are going to love it and so am I.

I want to walk my dogs!!! :dog:

May 9th Bandster!!! I am ready. Started my pre-op liquid diet this morning and I didn't even last until 11am!!! I pray god gives me the willpower because it's HARD! The shake was not bad though - very sweet even though it only said 3g. Everyone at work says I am bouncing off the walls!

We can do this! Yes we can! Hard is weightloss . . . easy is obesity. Remember the definition of insanity . . . doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Are you insane??? We want a different result then what we have that is why we made the decision for a lapband.

I believe in all of you so go drink your liquids and get out there and walk!!!

fluffy - Are you trying to figure out how you are going to make dinner every night for the fam while not eating only drinking? It seems that I live in the kitchen with a family the size of mine and yours. I'm worried about putting stuff in my mouth without even thinking about it during clean-up. I'm thinking of going to Dinners Ready and having them make their own stuff.

How do the rest of you cope during the liquid phase of this and cooking for your family?

It's just me and the DH right now, so he's on his own for as long as I'm on a restricted diet.

He mentioned going to the store to stock up on frozen meals :)

Nothing to add really... just want to see my ticker and say "hi".

I am curious as to what everyone was told to do for their pre-op diet.

I am curious as to what everyone was told to do for their pre-op diet.

Protien shakes for two weeks, along with Water, broth and certain vegetables.

Started that today... I have a headache and am starving... I made up a new word... fungry! Cuz I'm f*^^ing hungry! :biggrin1:

Wow. Just got home from work to read all the good news about our ever-growing group of soon-to-be-shrinking May Bandsters! Congrats to all who scheduled their surgery. We are moving forward, strong and together!