Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Let's see, May 21 for me. But it's not 5 years with the band. Both of mine only lasted about 2 years total. So ~290 to ~170 with slips and vomiting blood, then revised, then out, then up to 250, then a gastric sleeve and down to ~200 and holding. I still want to lose about 20, but frankly haven't put the effort into it.

Below is the biggest thing I got from the band: I met PigsRFlying in the chat room, that's our wedding photo . . .

<edit> Well heck, it won't allow an attachment. Bleah. See http://killthefatman.livejournal.com/60517.html

Hey all, my anniversary is May 10...I like it when the emails start coming in from here...

I have been struggling with going up and down with 20 lbs since November, i got a sick and couldn't get back into the swing...before that i was holding steady for a while. I had a very tight fill that caused me lots of reflux and had a few almost pass out spells. it was getting uncomfortable so i finally went to the doc he did a floro and said i was way too tight, lossened it up and now I can't stop eating...LOL...i have gained weight, but at least I don't feel sick all the time. So I ordered an ellipitical and have come to the conclusion no amount of band action is going to help me lose any more weight, it has done its initial job and now I have to do the rest with the band assisting in my food amounts. So i have to excersize in order to lose more weight, and although I have lost 80lbs since surgery, i want to loss another 50-60. So wish me luck...my goal is 1 hour a day 5-6 days a week...

Otherwise, good luck everyone and remember, out health is the most important thing, not the weight!!! Good to hear from everyone!

Lana

Great to hear all the supportive responses! Sorry about the problems, especially concerning is Jsrico, please keep us updated. Getting resolution to this problem, even if it isn't your choice of procedure, hopefully will improve your health so much and you will have relief - not to mention weight loss! So interesting that I know of several people who have had Lap-Band done after Gastric Bypass as a revision because they started gaining weight back after a few years, now when our bands fail, they do Gastric By-pass, pretty ironical. Hang in there Jsrico.

KEEP POSTING EVERYONE! THIS IS GREAT!

Feel much better knowing that I am not the only one that had the reflux issue. Initially lost 90 lbs. Doctor loosened the band and I ballooned up 50 lbs. He is no longer a part of the facility I had my procedure done. Didn't realize that the weight was coming back so quickly until could not fit into jeans. Trying to get back on track. Appreciate the support for all through this support group.

Not a good weigh-in tonight at WW. Up 2.2 lbs. Bad week - too much stress that I just couldn't seem to overcome with the psychological tools I usually rely upon, not enough physical activity and I was careless about tracking my WW points/food.

This is not a setback, it's a bump. My meal tonight was already a step in the right direction. And I realize now that I let stress control me instead of me controlling it!

I will keep moving forward. This weight will not define or control me!!!

I'm off to the gym.

Cheers all!

NimbleBean (aka Margaret)

Margaret, you are truly an inspiration. I appreciate your insights and positive inputs. You WILL do well! Your postings are helping me get back my focus, thank you so much! Keep up the good work! I will try as well. That is all we can do is try our best.

Thanks Dev. I feel I'm getting such inspiration from all of you, too!

On another topic, I think you mentioned in a post last week or earlier this week, that you had to sign up again. Well, I was reading some of our early posts as we were all dealing with insurance, scheduling, fears, etc. I came across posts from "Devera," and wondered if that was you. Here's the link to the member page - http://www.lapbandtalk.com/user/218511-devera/

If it is, you can try signing in with that UserName and what you think is your password (or click on "I forgot my password" for a reset or to have it mailed to you (I can't remember which way it works on this site). Hope this helps you find your former self!

Margaret

Hi all,

I am working my band the best I can. I has a motorcycle accident last October and there went my exercising. Got back to exercising in February and then promptly had ingrown toenails on both feet removed :(. Started exercising a few weeks ago and weight started down again. Now I found out I have to have bunions and tendons on each foot operated on in June. I CAN'T loose without exercise so I will try lots of upper body and see how that does because I will be on crutches for at least 6 weeks and off exercise for 6 months to a year :(. I never loose hope or look behind me so I will be just fine!!

Happy Bandiversary Month to us all!

MacysGranny,

Even with the setbacks you mentioned, you are doing AMAZINGLY well. That butterfly on your Ticker is so close to goal! With the positive attitude you have, you will be there in no time.

After my 2.2 lb. gain at WW weigh-in last week, I got back on track. Tonight, my 16th week on the WW program, I was down 4.8 lbs. That's 33.8 lbs total in the 16 weeks. Certainly I have a long way to go (the scale on my TIcker seems to be moving so very slowly), but it took 40 years to put on the weight, I know that it will take a long time - even with the band/WW combo - to lose it. I can do it, I will not blink!

Hope all my May 2007 friends are doing well. You inspire me to keep at it.

Cheers,

NimbleBean (Margaret)

Yes, happy anniversary to us - 5 years!

Congrats Margaret! That weight loss is fantastic and very inspirational!!

That was my day to Dolores!! Way to go. I am so thankful for the band, even though this past year and a half has been quite a challenge with it......

I started at 368, and am down 168lbs....200. I have had some health issues and a band slip which caused me to put some back on, highest I got back up to was 225! Scary.

My lowest was 180, and I am planning on trying to get back to that here over the next several months. I have learned a lot, and I hope to stay healthy while getting to this goal weight....Good luck!!!!

Traci

Well I dont know if guy ever watched a show called BIG MEDICINE??? Well the father/son surgeon Dr. Robert Davis/Dr. Garth Davis. Thats who I a have been seeing. I am lucky to live in Houston. They are both very nice. I like Papa Davis though and he will be doing my revision. So I am having the band removed and having gastric bypass. They are still trying to get my insurance approved, but I hope for the best. I would like to schedule surjery for the first week of June as soon as the kids are out of school. I am scared, I cant seem to grasp the idea that I really dont eat much now, but with gastric I will eat less than I do now and loose weight???? I dont eat now. We will see!

Well our anniversary month is just about over. Can't believe those 5 years went by so quickly.

I'm still doing well with my Band/Weight Watchers combo. At weigh-in tonight, I was down 4.8 lbs. for the week, that's 42.8 with WW and adding in my Band and per-Band diet losses, that comes to 98.4 total since early 2007. But, I'm keeping my eye on my goal and have another 46.6 lbs to lose. I'm going to kick up the exercise (I really hate exercise, so this will need to be a big kick in the a** that I give myself!).

Hope you are all doing well. Would love to read others' stories, challenges, setbacks, victories, etc.!

Cheers,

Margaret

So today is day 4 after my revision to gastric. Not feeling 100% yet but on my way. I have that same excitement as when I first had my Lapland done. I can see the finish line in my mind of the new healthier, thinner me. I pray it goes well this time around. I am not left disappointed or with having to have another surgery. So here are my new STATS

Before lapband 265

Before removal 237

After revision to gastric 225